• Naw

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Maybe with some tweaks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StanEXE

Jun 18, 2016
No for me. My skywars games mostly take up to 10-15 minutes a game. And what would you change in order to make it faster?

HuracanFTW

Nov 11, 2015
I don't think a speed gamemode would be nice for Skywars, but I do agree that some of the games can take a while before they end. Maybe a time limit could prevent this or a feature which destroys the border of the map after a certain amount of time like it does in layer spleef.

Anyway, beside all of this I think our maps have quite some different and unique gameplay layouts which makes the game interesting and quick.

Reactions: diogo

Pillow

Sep 25, 2016
My computer
Maybe the could make sort of a prototype lobby or something ( like hypixel ) to test the idea of a faster skywars
I agree that Cubecraft should make a prototype lobby like Hypixel as it is a great way to test out games that may or may not be fun for other players.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't think a speed gamemode would be nice for Skywars, but I do agree that some of the games can take a while before they end. Maybe a time limit could prevent this or a feature which destroys the border of the map after a certain amount of time like it does in layer spleef.

Anyway, beside all of this I think our maps have quite some different and unique gameplay layouts which makes the game interesting and quick.

NOOOOO!!!
This would ruin the game...

F

Facelurite

I disagree with a time limit but would be quite happy with world events.

jensjeflensje

Infrastructure Engineer
Jun 23, 2017
The Netherlands
jensderuiter.dev

That would be quite a good solution! ( The world events )

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
I really think there should be a speed skywars, when I play skywars some games can last up to 30 minutes. Thats to long. Thats why I think hypixel skywars is better! I hope you will consider making a speed skywars for more hop-in and fast play. It would help if the islands were closer together.
I would say have the closing boarder thing instead of breaking blockd because lag will pretty much ruin it.

Yea, why not? It would prevent campers and sure can speed up the game. Its not choatic if theres only 2/3 players left.

jensjeflensje

Infrastructure Engineer
Jun 23, 2017
The Netherlands
jensderuiter.dev
I would say have the closing boarder thing instead of breaking blockd because lag will pretty much ruin it.

Yea, why not? It would prevent campers and sure can speed up the game. Its not choatic if theres only 2/3 players left.

I understand that it can be laggy, but Mineplex has the same on micro battles and I never lagg there.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
If you guys are looking for quick matches then you have to try the some of the smaller maps such as Glass and Mushroom or even Rainbow. Where most players come to mid and simply fight there instead of camping on their islands. In my opinion Skywars is already fast paced enough. It isn't that fast as Hypixel's but still fast. If Cubecraft is going to bring a new gamemode for Skywars then I think it should be another type of gamemode and not "Speed Skywars".

jensjeflensje

Infrastructure Engineer
Jun 23, 2017
The Netherlands
jensderuiter.dev
If you guys are looking for quick matches then you have to try the some of the smaller maps such as Glass and Mushroom or even Rainbow. Where most players come to mid and simply fight there instead of camping on their islands. In my opinion Skywars is already fast paced enough. It isn't that fast as Hypixel's but still fast. If Cubecraft is going to bring a new gamemode for Skywars then I think it should be another type of gamemode and not "Speed Skywars".

This thread isn't really about speed skywars anymore, we are mostly talking about anti-camp improvements now. What do you think about this: What do you think about ( if 2 or 3 players are left ) that the blocks slowly start falling from outside to prevent campers.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
How would this ruin the game? This would only benefit it by preventing campers. Unless... you are a camper yourself...

I don't care if I'm a camper. I want a normal game with no stupid walls pushing you to mid and then you get bow spammed off.
I want a normal game at normal pace.

Oh and of course @Sylvaly likes that because anything negative about me is a +1

D0RIAN

Mar 3, 2017
Belgium
I really think there should be a speed skywars, when I play skywars some games can last up to 30 minutes. Thats to long. Thats why I think hypixel skywars is better! I hope you will consider making a speed skywars for more hop-in and fast play. It would help if the islands were closer together.
I would like to see this ONLY in team mode, because solo skywars is already fast enough. But team skywars is somethimes too long.

D0RIAN

Mar 3, 2017
Belgium
I don't really like speed eggwars, because I fail in pvp when I have speed xD
Skywars is one of my favorite gamemodes, but I've never played a game before that took longer than 10-15 minutes. But I think speed skywars would be a nice idea for those who like it :)
Speed eggwars don't have speed anymore...

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!!! 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you will have an awesome day today!:D
qKhalidd wrote on xLucq's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom