Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you like the spawn protection?

• Total voters

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
I've been seeing a lot of posts about removing/editing the spawn protection recently. Honestly, I like the spawn protection. If you didn't come prepared to deal with the person respawning, then you didn't come prepared enough, right? I just think that the spawn protection is useful to have in many games.

Most people who post on this topic are annoyed because they can't kill the person who respawned. What if you were the one who was killed/respawning? Being able to punch the opponent away from the egg is useful. If you can't get to them, then it's also a good help when fleeing the island.

Anyways, I just want to know people's thoughts. Do you like the spawn protection? Why/why not?

(I also don't see it as too big of an issue, so I don't think it needs to be changed at all.)

Noochie705

Apr 13, 2017
I kind of like the spawn protection. The only thing is that spawn protection is sometimes spawn protection lasts a little to long.

TmoneyCraft

Apr 22, 2017
Yes it sometimes may last a little long so they can just fix it and make it shoter like 3, 4, or 5 seconds

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
You can come prepare, but that doesn't mean you're set to break their egg peacefully. You can try to block yourself up, but this would be pretty hard to do when you have a couple of people punching you non stop till they kill you. If the spawn protection time was lowered, then it wouldn't be too much of an issue, but when you can't kill someone, then :/.

Reactions: 0ffense

Milkyy

Apr 4, 2017
Somewhere in the dark abyss
Well, spawn protection is basically any players last resort when in jeopardy. Having that last chance to defend your egg, or flee to a different location without bring shot off is pretty important. The spawn protection time may feel a little too long, but again, their most likely ungeared. How hard can it be to wait 10 seconds to kill a naked. So I think that they shouldn't change the spawn protection, it's good how it is right now.

Reactions: CommandantSlime

__Slime__

Apr 9, 2017
This post should be about how long the spawn protection should be. not if you like it or not. I like it, but I think it's for too long.

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016
Honestly, I'm kind of 50:50 about this. I like it, as when I'm in the position of being respawned with the protection is something valuable but then again, as the attacker it is kind of annoying. I mean if the respawn time was reduced to like 5 seconds (or perhaps adjusted to where the spawn is and the distance from the spawn to the egg, or just moving spawn so its like next to the egg- which it is in most maps) that'd be good.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
i personally like spawn protection but maybe a 2 second timer before respawning?

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Well, spawn protection is basically any players last resort when in jeopardy. Having that last chance to defend your egg, or flee to a different location without bring shot off is pretty important. The spawn protection time may feel a little too long, but again, their most likely ungeared. How hard can it be to wait 10 seconds to kill a naked. So I think that they shouldn't change the spawn protection, it's good how it is right now.

Yes wait 10 seconds to kill nakeds while they have wooden/stone sword and stabbing you repeatedly because of that.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
When someone's at your egg, you have the same chance to get a sword and defend your egg with those 10 seconds, so I don't see it has a big problem.

Tell that to the player who's trying to destroy the egg. In my opinion 10 seconds is too long. I wouldn't mind spawn protection, but when you simply can't break the egg, because you have the invincible player constantly punching you...

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
That's why you cover your self up with blocks... duh. Some sandstone or a couple blocks of obby should be enough. Bring a teammate if you have too.

If it was team mode, I hardly doubt in most cases you will have a teammate constantly with you. Plus, if it were team mode, you'll have two plus people punching you. I wouldn't mind longer spawn protection in solo, but in team, it's unbelievable. You can try to block yourself up, but I hardly doubt players won't go ahead and buy a pick. Bringing obsidian as a tool, is in most cases too expensive.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
If it was team mode, I hardly doubt in most cases you will have a teammate constantly with you. Plus, if it were team mode, you'll have two plus people punching you. I wouldn't mind longer spawn protection in solo, but in team, it's unbelievable. You can try to block yourself up, but I hardly doubt players won't go ahead and buy a pick. Bringing obsidian as a tool, is in most cases too expensive.

I've never not had a teammate with me when raiding an island...It just seems like poor planning to not have abackup.

Also, someone with full iron, gapples, shields, and essentially the best gear in the game shouldn't have problems with a naked with a wooden/stone sword hitting them. I never do late-game raids without the max gear. EVER! Unless the opposing people are weak and don't have gear.

Reactions: Milkyy

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I've never not had a teammate with me when raiding an island...It just seems like poor planning to not have abackup.

Also, someone with full iron, gapples, shields, and essentially the best gear in the game shouldn't have problems with a naked with a wooden/stone sword hitting them. I never do late-game raids without the max gear. EVER! Unless the opposing people are weak and don't have gear.

You're assuming in all scenarios, you have a team mate who listens to you, hasn't died, or is decent at doing something. You're playing style is how it is, but not everyone plays like you.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
You're assuming in all scenarios, you have a team mate who listens to you, hasn't died, or is decent at doing something. You're playing style is how it is, but not everyone plays like you.

I have a specific person who I play with who is good at the game. We also always skype/discord when we play.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Woo, 7,000 reaction score!!
HyperPal wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Noot
Matriox wrote on Dreamer's profile.
1715192346078.png
Eli wrote on HyperPal's profile.
Oh hi HyperPal!!! How you doing? Its been a while, thanks for the follow btw!
Top Bottom