Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which suggestions would you like to see?

• Sandbox Mode

• Placeholder Towers

• Advanced Values

• Downgrading

Results are only viewable after voting.

DaGreenerCreeper

Novice Member
Dec 30, 2016
So I've seen quite a few people suggest teams of varying size and bringing back /votekick, but I'd like to add some of my own suggestions into the mix.

Sandbox Mode
My first suggestion is a sandbox mode, which could have an armour stand in the lobby. Upon clicking it, you would be displayed the same GUI as with the map selector armour stand. Then you'd be able to select a map, build towers and send mobs against said towers. Preferably, there'd be an unlimited gold supply, no mob cooldown, all the mobs would be unlocked and if you upgrade them, you can downgrade them also*, as well as other less-important map details like only one track, reduced decoration, etc. I'd think that the castle should still have health, but allow there to be an option to reset it back to max so as to allow different scenarios.

*More on that later

Placeholder Towers
My next suggestion is to add a placeholder tower. This would be a free 3x3 tower that you would be able to place anywhere, to hold a place. There are many ways that this in itself could be abused, so I'd think that there should then be a limit of 3 placeholders per player, and for another level of security, have them be automatically deleted after a certain amount of time, say, 5 minutes (with a warning some time prior, like a minute or so). I'd like the tower to have an upgrade line, where each increase in a level will add 5 minutes to the time limit up to level 4 with 20 minutes. The cost for placing the tower and for each consecutive level would probably be 0 >> 500 >> 1000 >> 1500. This would help clear up any confusion with people saving places with archers (primarily high-level players, I'd say), but the only flaw that I can see currently is people still saving places with archers due to the lower cost and infinite time limit.

Advanced Values
My third suggestion is a setting called, say, 'Show Advanced Values'. This would show stuff like the damage that a tower deals, the chance of a tower dealing that amount of damage as opposed to another amount that it can also deal, the average damage, the average DPS... yeah, lots of advanced numbers. This would preferable show under the basic values (i.e. rate, range etc.) when you hover over a tower in the build menu, and also in the upgrade menu with changes also shown in green, as with the basic values. This option would mainly be there for advanced players, who want to be as efficient as possible with their towers. Maybe each tower also had its own unique set, like 'Fireball Chance' for Mage 4, or 'Explosion Damage' for Archer p2-4. In my opinion, troops are fine, but the speed needs a bit of cleaning up.

Downgrading
My final suggestion is a method of downgrading troops. There have been many times when I have decided to send level 5 spiders and then wanted to start grinding EXP again by sending level 1 spiders. What I'd like to see would be a way of changing levels, and when you buy a level, it just unlocks it instead of setting the mob level to it.

Thanks for reading, and I'd like to hear your opinions below.

-DGC

Last edited:

YoshiCrafter

Feb 23, 2018
Very good suggestions, in my opinion, the only thing I would say that doesn't make sense is that you can upgrade placeholders but the whole point of placeholders is to save up money for a better tower to replace then so spending money on the tower kinda contradicts itself, also tier 4 (20 minutes) is around half a full game. I do think the placeholders will be abused but I'm hoping for that no to be the case with only 3 placeholders. But everything else seems great!

Reactions: DaGreenerCreeper

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
Sandbox Mode
My first suggestion is a sandbox mode, which could have an armour stand in the lobby. Upon clicking it, you would be displayed the same GUI as with the map selector armour stand. Then you'd be able to select a map, build towers and send mobs against said towers. Preferably, there'd be an unlimited gold supply, no mob cooldown, all the mobs would be unlocked and if you upgrade them, you can downgrade them also*, as well as other less-important map details like only one track, reduced decoration, etc. I'd think that the castle should still have health, but allow there to be an option to reset it back to max so as to allow different scenarios.

*More on that later

So this would be kinda like a testing range to see what's effective verses what? I'm not opposed to the idea of something like this being added, but there isn't necessarily a point since you're suppose to learn how everything works by actually playing the game. I'm neutral with this idea.

Placeholder Towers
My next suggestion is to add a placeholder tower. This would be a free 3x3 tower that you would be able to place anywhere, to hold a place. There are many ways that this in itself could be abused, so I'd think that there should then be a limit of 3 placeholders per player, and for another level of security, have them be automatically deleted after a certain amount of time, say, 5 minutes (with a warning some time prior, like a minute or so). I'd like the tower to have an upgrade line, where each increase in a level will add 5 minutes to the time limit up to level 4 with 20 minutes. The cost for placing the tower and for each consecutive level would probably be 0 >> 500 >> 1000 >> 1500. This would help clear up any confusion with people saving places with archers (primarily high-level players, I'd say), but the only flaw that I can see currently is people still saving places with archers due to the lower cost and infinite time limit.

Saving spaces on the map using "placeholders" is actually against the rules. You can be banned for doing that. Therefore, I'm sorry but this will never be implemented into Tower Defence. "Trolling: intentionally blocking teammates from building towers in Tower Defence."

Advanced Values

My third suggestion is a setting called, say, 'Show Advanced Values'. This would show stuff like the damage that a tower deals, the chance of a tower dealing that amount of damage as opposed to another amount that it can also deal, the average damage, the average DPS... yeah, lots of advanced numbers. This would preferable show under the basic values (i.e. rate, range etc.) when you hover over a tower in the build menu, and also in the upgrade menu with changes also shown in green, as with the basic values. This option would mainly be there for advanced players, who want to be as efficient as possible with their towers. Maybe each tower also had its own unique set, like 'Fireball Chance' for Mage 4, or 'Explosion Damage' for Archer p2-4. In my opinion, troops are fine, but the speed needs a bit of cleaning up.

I like this suggestion. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this added, especially since it's difficult trying to figure out these statistics on your own. This could be a toggleable option in-game like how you can increase your fly speed. I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement though because it would require doing a lot of math to actually get the calculations correct. This might unbalance the game then because people would only use certain towers since they're simply better than another, that might make the game kinda boring after awhile. I like seeing variety in the towers people use, even if they're not the best towers.

Downgrading
My final suggestion is a method of downgrading troops. There have been many times when I have decided to send level 5 spiders and then wanted to start grinding EXP again by sending level 1 spiders. What I'd like to see would be a way of changing levels, and when you buy a level, it just unlocks it instead of setting the mob level to it.

This is an interesting suggestion, but I'd prefer if it would only send the highest level of that troop you have unlocked like it does right now, then you can degrade it's level which will get you like 50% of the XP back used to purchase that level. Though, both of these possibilities are viable.

So I've seen quite a few people suggest teams of varying size and bringing back /votekick, but I'd like to add some of my own suggestions into the mix.
Thanks for reading, and I'd like to hear your opinions below.

-DGC

So in regards to other suggestions people have made such as adding varying team sizes or the command /votekick back, I highly doubt they'll ever be implemented into Tower Defence. If we were to add varying team sizes such as another board for like 2v2 battles it would heavily split the already low playerbase which would make games take forever to start. I wouldn't mind if they implemented new maps with certain team sizes like a 3v3 map, but anything more than that would divide the playerbase. As for adding /votekick back, that's probably never going to happen. The reason we removed the command was because it was heavily abused by people. An example would be that some people in a party would purposely use the /votekick command to remove their allies from the game simply because they didn't want them on their team since they're not friends with them and in the party. I like most of what you have suggested in this thread, but I'm not sure how viable some of these suggestions are, especially since they're not needed. Apologies if my writing was poor, kinda just woke up. ^-^

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
So this would be kinda like a testing range to see what's effective verses what? I'm not opposed to the idea of something like this being added, but there isn't necessarily a point since you're suppose to learn how everything works by actually playing the game. I'm neutral with this idea.

Saving spaces on the map using "placeholders" is actually against the rules. You can be banned for doing that. Therefore, I'm sorry but this will never be implemented into Tower Defence. "Trolling: intentionally blocking teammates from building towers in Tower Defence."

I like this suggestion. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this added, especially since it's difficult trying to figure out these statistics on your own. This could be a toggleable option in-game like how you can increase your fly speed. I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement though because it would require doing a lot of math to actually get the calculations correct. This might unbalance the game then because people would only use certain towers since they're simply better than another, that might make the game kinda boring after awhile. I like seeing variety in the towers people use, even if they're not the best towers.

This is an interesting suggestion, but I'd prefer if it would only send the highest level of that troop you have unlocked like it does right now, then you can degrade it's level which will get you like 50% of the XP back used to purchase that level. Though, both of these possibilities are viable.

So in regards to other suggestions people have made such as adding varying team sizes or the command /votekick back, I highly doubt they'll ever be implemented into Tower Defence. If we were to add varying team sizes such as another board for like 2v2 battles it would heavily split the already low playerbase which would make games take forever to start. I wouldn't mind if they implemented new maps with certain team sizes like a 3v3 map, but anything more than that would divide the playerbase. As for adding /votekick back, that's probably never going to happen. The reason we removed the command was because it was heavily abused by people. An example would be that some people in a party would purposely use the /votekick command to remove their allies from the game simply because they didn't want them on their team since they're not friends with them and in the party. I like most of what you have suggested in this thread, but I'm not sure how viable some of these suggestions are, especially since they're not needed. Apologies if my writing was poor, kinda just woke up. ^-^
The tower placements make me so sad :(

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016

I like your thoughts on the issues of votekick and varying team sizes. However, I feel that the playerbase is small precisely for these reasons. Ask yourself if you had two friends and could only play 6v6 matches where you have to take chances with the other 3 players and hope that they're all good, how frustrated would you and/or your friends get? As other players can tell you, I used to play games if no one else queued for my team besides my friends. As soon as anyone else queued, I left the match, my friends followed, and we looked for another match. If you want the playerbase to grow, (as it should) then why not appeal to friend groups of different sizes? I'll tell you that I've heard from players about why they quit or what they hated the most, and it was usually tower misplacement. Yeah, most players are players that misplace towers right now, and of course that's the case, because why would they mind it if they don't know any better? Look on the forums too, there are numerous threads about these issues, and it's not a dwindling number of players either. Ever since votekicking was removed, there's been thread after thread about someone misplacing a tower, needing a votekick command, and wanting more options for team sizes. If you ask me, Cubecraft's playerbase for Tower Defence isn't going to increase or even remain steady if people keep getting frustrated like this. I feel that people will leave Tower Defence after being discouraged about staying. I'm a prime example, I had over twenty-eight days in-game and I left because I was tired of these problems not getting taken care of, as well as the update, which literally changed the prices of every single thing in the game. Again, if you could play another strategy game with just your friends, or play one where you're forced to play with uncooperative players. which would you choose? I chose the former, not the latter, even though I loved Tower Defence before.

You don't have to take my word for it, ask HurmitCurtis how he feels about it. I can even get some other players, who have left Tower Defence, to give their input as well.

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: HurmitCurtis
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on Frontlane's profile.
welcome back :)
ElFlxen_ wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Felicidades!
ElFlxen_ wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats! and welcome back! :cubie2:
dvodany wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Welcome onboard! 🎉
dvodany wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on helper Worried, I knew you'll get there :D
Top Bottom