Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Completely disagreed. While you do have a point that some games require updates, I honestly think all games should be playable without bugs first.
But then again, this seems like it'd be a problem between server and client together, so I'm not sure about this being fixable on Cube's end or not. Aside from that, I rarely have this happen to me.
But again: Bugs should be fixed before updates are released. That's the way to handle minigames in my opinion.
Unsurprisingly, I completely disagree with you.
The system the almighty CubeCraft have right now is very good; ignoring the bugs in pvp (such as this hit registration glitch), inconveniences in games (cannibal in SG, kb shovel in speed eggwars, build limit in no projectiles skywars etc), and creating brand new games/updates nobody asked for.
This is the current method and I love it and I'm sure everyone on the server loves it too. Little bugs like this don't matter, because if the developers focus on legendary games such as archer assault, bingo, freebuild etc, then its all forgiven for as the community clearly loves those games.

Reactions: mastanub

mastanub

Aug 26, 2016
>be me
>get good crit combo on someone
>cubelag
>get knocked back
>lose the fight

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
the anti cheat does this. when someone is in combat(im not sure if just in combat but thats how most anti cheats work and it makes sense) bots spawn around the players to check for any hacks e.g killaura (it happens to me on another server so thats how i know), i hope they find a way to fix it.
That sounds likely to me. It would also imply that this is unrelated to critical hits. I think this issue is just more visible with critical hits or enchanted weapons because of the particles.

I never really thought about how exactly the anti cheat works. One option would be to spawn a fake "player" behing the player, a killaura might automatically attack it. Another option - pretty much the opposite - is to spawn an invisible entity between a player and their target. A real player will accidentially hit the fake entity but a killaura might directly attack the target (some killauras will hit such entities if they are in the way). When a player attacks such a fake entity, the server has to check wether they would normally have hit the target.
With network delay, the server might be unable to accurately decide that, afaik the server can't know where exactly the client saw the target and fake entity at the point of the hit.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Unsurprisingly, I completely disagree with you.
The system the almighty CubeCraft have right now is very good; ignoring the bugs in pvp (such as this hit registration glitch), inconveniences in games (cannibal in SG, kb shovel in speed eggwars, build limit in no projectiles skywars etc), and creating brand new games/updates nobody asked for.
This is the current method and I love it and I'm sure everyone on the server loves it too. Little bugs like this don't matter, because if the developers focus on legendary games such as archer assault, bingo, freebuild etc, then its all forgiven for as the community clearly loves those games.

Man sarcasm is oozing out of this post

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

Lexply

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2017
It happens when you critical hit because the bots are most likely little bit above the player (from what I saw on another server(s).

I could be wrong, but it's the only thing that i know of about this bug because I've experienced it before.

F

Facelurite

It happens when you critical hit because the bots are most likely little bit above the player (from what I saw on another server(s).

I could be wrong, but it's the only thing that i know of about this bug because I've experienced it before.
hi so if we’re hitting the bot then whyarent we getting banned?

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Because you are hitting the bot.
Another option - pretty much the opposite - is to spawn an invisible entity between a player and their target. A real player will accidentially hit the fake entity but a killaura might directly attack the target (some killauras will hit such entities if they are in the way).

If that is true, a player that never jumps (because critting is for noobs, clearly) should be indistinguishable from a killaura. Wouldn't it make more sense to put them somewhere that legit players have to hit them?

Lexply

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2017

I'm not an expert when it comes to this stuff, I just know this from experience. Another thing to add, a mod that shows the player/entity names and health shows "zombie" sometimes when I'm fighting a player. So I guess I might be right about it.

Edit: ilI try to record it.

Another edit lol:
even if I know why, saying it on a public thread is no good. And it's a thing that only the anti cheat developer would know.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

timinator582162 wrote on sussy_blocka's profile.
Player Rayhidst2014 was traveling about 3 times normal speed. also was floating and flying. This ruined a perfectly good four player bedwars game.
Today starts Giro d'Italia one of the biggest cycling races in the world and who do you think will win the general classification after 21 days of cycling?
BicolourSine41 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🎉🎉 (Sorry that i am so late cause i was on vacation to Spain and did not take my pc)
Top Bottom