Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

WellArentYouSweet

Jan 7, 2016
Tiphon, The Frontier
This is a discussion thread. Ive already reported this bug in reports.cubecraft.net. Please dont shitpost here some messages like "please report at blablablablablablabla i want to get a staff rank :D" or related.

This issue is a bit old, and affects all the network. You may feel how some hits are discarded despite having an unbeatable and very stable connection and/or a vanilla client.
There's a video evidence of the issue:

Please post your evidence if you have the same problem and keep this thread alive... Or this will turn into a lazy developers eating a lot of pizza while watching teletubbies. i.e UHC epicworldgenerator related server crash (since july 2017), Axes nerfed/buggy in skywars (since November 2017) etc

Last edited:
L

Lightning McQueen

Probs because cubecraft is still on 1.9 and our clients are 1.12.2. Just a guess.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I'm not really sure what the issue is in the video. Do you think you should have gotten hits when the game didn't tell you you hit at all or do you thing your opponent didn't get knocked back and damaged when the game showed you the crit particles?

WellArentYouSweet

Jan 7, 2016
Tiphon, The Frontier
Probs because cubecraft is still on 1.9 and our clients are 1.12.2. Just a guess.

Good point/theory. Ill try to reproduce with 1.9 client! :p

I'm not really sure what the issue is in the video. Do you think you should have gotten hits when the game didn't tell you you hit at all or do you thing your opponent didn't get knocked back and damaged when the game showed you the crit particles?

Remember that you need go to the ophthalmologist at least once every two years.
Oh wait. I think you're trying to downplay the bug. Why?

DJcV1uiwTWydLwg0TPHmxg.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Earth

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Remember that you need go to the ophthalmologist at least once every two years.
Oh wait. I think you're trying to downplay the bug. Why?

DJcV1uiwTWydLwg0TPHmxg.png
No I legitimately don't know what you are talking about. Other than the shaders and sudden speed changes that looks normal to me. Sometimes you hit the opponent while he's falling so he doesn't get much knockback. I am not sure if that is completely vanilla all the time. Other times you miss, you don't even get the hit sound which is generated client sidex.

WellArentYouSweet

Jan 7, 2016
Tiphon, The Frontier
No I legitimately don't know what you are talking about. Other than the shaders and sudden speed changes that looks normal to me. Sometimes you hit the opponent while he's falling so he doesn't get much knockback. I am not sure if that is completely vanilla all the time. Other times you miss, you don't even get the hit sound which is generated client sidex.
GEwetCgySYSv-4W9OnlFmA.png
*/* Omitting...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reactions: Earth

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
GEwetCgySYSv-4W9OnlFmA.png
*/* Omitting...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Some critical hits are discarded" is not exactly a great description...
Not everyone plays vanilla minecraft enough to know how it behaves differently.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Ok, I rewatched all the slowed down parts in the video and I found exactly one time (0:17) where the client shows crit particles and the server doesn't agree. I that's what you're talking about? Then why don't you tell us the time?

I've seen this problem occur a few times before. I also wondered what could cause this bug.

X'DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD im dying

Try to spam some crits, i think only happen with that behaviour
I don't think this is necessary to simulate this bug. I barely crit but I still experience this error sometimes. One thing I noticed is that this bug seems to mostly occur when my opponent is on fire. (don't really have an explanation for this either). I do not know if this counts for other people as wel or if it's just me.

The server still being on 1.9 while most of its players are on a higher version of Minecraft like 1.12 sounds like an interesting theory to me. If I'm correct, one of the updates after 1.9 (the 1.11 update I think) got improved hit recognition. Maybe this could mean Cubecraft's own and the players hit recognition don't exactly concur with each other. Thats why your minecraft may show the effects of you hitting your opponent while the server thinks you missed. This problem should be fixed automatically if this is indeed the case and Cubecraft does indeed update to a higher version of Minecraft eventually. (I can't guarantee this is correct it's just a theory I just thought of). I'm not sure if a delay in connection to the server could also be the cause. (This way it's almost impossible for you and your opponents game to concur exactly which could result in some errors). This is just the best I could think of at the moment. Not sure if this is even on Cubecraft's side but if it is, I hope it gets fixed soon since it can influence the results of your duels and other games.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I really don't see any missing critical hits, in the first slowdown sequence you are hitting all your crits and in the rest you are either just jumping off the ground or on the ground

Maybe I am not observant enough but I didn't see any lost criticals

It might have something to do with Sentinel effecting hit detection
It would definitely fit the dating off this problem

Since Sentinel is being tweaked all the time

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I really don't see any missing critical hits, in the first slowdown sequence you are hitting all your crits and in the rest you are either just jumping off the ground or on the ground

Maybe I am not observant enough but I didn't see any lost criticals

It might have something to do with Sentinel effecting hit detection
It would definitely fit the dating off this problem

Since Sentinel is being tweaked all the time
The title is a bit misleading. There actually seems to be a bug with hits not registering, but it has nothing to do with crits, except that with crits it's easier to notice because of the particles. It does happen to me with the vanilla 1.12.2 client, but very rarely, I noticed it once in one of many duels I played today.

Would be interesting to know why it happens. I don't think sentinel attempts to nerf hacks(?), so I don't know why sentinel would do that. The one time it happened to me today, I noticed that I hit very soon after the invulnerability from the last hit wore off. Is the end of the invulnerability caused by a server packet or calculated by the client? Maybe there's an inaccuracy there?

Last edited:

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
The title is a bit misleading. There actually seems to be a bug with hits not registering, but it has nothing to do with crits, except that with crits it's easier to notice because of the particles. It does happen to me with the vanilla 1.12.2 client, but very rarely, I noticed it once in one of many duels I played today.

Would be interesting to know why it happens. I don't think sentinel attempts to nerf hacks(?), so I don't know why sentinel would do that. The one time it happened to me today, I noticed that I hit very soon after the invulnerability from the last hit wore off. Is the end of the invulnerability caused by a server packet or calculated by the client? Maybe there's an inaccuracy there?
I did notice a couple of hits not registering but only once or twice
Those just being when it is right after hitting
It might be easier to tell if you could hear the clicks

Either way I do think it may have something to do with Sentinel affecting hit detection
This not being something they implemented but instead just a byproduct of some change to Sentinel

Lexply

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2017
the anti cheat does this. when someone is in combat(im not sure if just in combat but thats how most anti cheats work and it makes sense) bots spawn around the players to check for any hacks e.g killaura (it happens to me on another server so thats how i know), i hope they find a way to fix it.

Reactions: MagnificentSpam
the anti cheat does this. when someone is in combat(im not sure if just in combat but thats how most anti cheats work and it makes sense) bots spawn around the players to check for any hacks e.g killaura (it happens to me on another server so thats how i know), i hope they find a way to fix it.
Sentinel =/= Watchdog, Gwen

CharlieShuffler

Novice Member
Nov 30, 2016
I've noticed it as well in the little time I've played in like the past 2 weeks, it's annoying and just makes me want to play the server less.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Whilst this MAY be considered an issue, it doesn't matter.
I think the cubecraft staff should focus on more important matters, such as updating crucial games such as Archer Assault and of course Layer Spleef. PvP issues are irrelevant, as all that would cause is toxicity.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
PvP issues are irrelevant, as all that would cause is toxicity.
Completely disagreed. While you do have a point that some games require updates, I honestly think all games should be playable without bugs first.
But then again, this seems like it'd be a problem between server and client together, so I'm not sure about this being fixable on Cube's end or not. Aside from that, I rarely have this happen to me.
But again: Bugs should be fixed before updates are released. That's the way to handle minigames in my opinion.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Dreamer wrote on xNessus's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Thunder wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!
JustNathie wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉✨
BurgerCat13 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday Day 🍳
(too bad cake has eggs in its ingredients)
AnolTongi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
Top Bottom