Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
upload_2017-12-1_15-42-14.png

Woot, second place!

Snowman Survival is the best addition to this server since Lucky Islands. Its charming mechanics and simple concept keep the skill gap low, allowing even the noobiest of Steves to participate without too great a disadvantage. It feels like the spiritual successor to Hide and Seek, except there's heavy incentive to run around. In case management ever consider adding this game permanently, similar to the fashion of Line Dash, here's a suggestion thread :)

Medal Shop
Currently, medals serve a similar role to the trophies in Arcade, being a collectible currency that cannot be spent on anything. Snowman Survival is currently void of any unlocks, so why not allow medals to be exchanged for upgrades? These medals will remain the source of attaining leaderboard status, however may also be consumed to earn a wicked variety of upgrades.

Survivor upgrades
Note: You can equip up to three upgrades at a time.

Ice skates -
Upgrades the Speed power-up from ten seconds to thirteen seconds || 150 medals
Aegis - Upgrades the Shield power-up from fifteen seconds to eighteen seconds || 150 medals
Rapid Retreat - Grants the ability to leap backwards by pressing 'F' || 200 medals
Netherborn- Upgrades the Fireball power-up from three fireballs to four || 150 medals
Celestial - Upgrades the Blink power-up to traverse more distance || 200 medals
Celestial II - Upgrades the Blink power-up to traverse distance faster || 200 medals
Slush-maker - Retain the Snowman Killer power-up for up to five seconds after its initial use || 300 medals
Igloo - Upgrades the Instant Wall power-up to surround you with a dome of snow || 100 medals
Explosive decoy - Decoys will explode when destroyed, stunning its breaker for ten seconds; decoy will last half their regular duration || 350 medals

Survivor cosmetics
I love the idea of adding survivor cosmetics, since it means more can be added every couple of months to give players something else to spend their medals on.
Note: You may equip one cosmetic at a time.

Walrus hat -
Equips you with a walrus hat || 30 medals
Reindeer hat - Equips you with a reindeer hat || 30 medals
Santa hat - Equips you with a santa hat || 50 medals
Rubik hat - Equips you with a Rubik hat || 75 medals
Cube hat - Equips you with a Cubecraft hat || 100 medals

Snowman upgrades
As it stands, snow people receive a free player tracker every thirty seconds, which applies a brief glowing effect to a random survivor. Why stop at player trackers?
Note: You can equip only one upgrade at a time.

Player tracker -
Apply a temporary glowing buff to a random survivor || 30 second cooldown || 0 medals
Kinesis - Instantly retract your snowball by pressing 'F' once it's been thrown || 20 second cooldown || 30 medals
Vanish - Turn yourself invisible for ten seconds || 60 second cooldown || 50 medals
Freedom - Can walk through player-made walls, and can negate the effects of the sword and fireball power-ups || 45 second cooldown || 50 medals
Rapid fire - Can shoot two snowballs in rapid succession || 30 second cooldown || 50 medals

Other:
Polar bear pet -
A baby polar bear pet that will accompany you on your adventures across CCG || 2,500 medals

Why not use points?
Medals offer the opportunity to provide long-term incentive to play this game. Long-time fans of CCG will surely be able to buy out every single unlock on day one if points were used, meaning they'd never even have to play the game to access everything it has to offer. Also, by using medals, management can add additional content, say cosmetics, every few months or so. This will give dedicated fans of Snowman Survival new unlocks to strive towards. Cosmetics should be relatively easy to add.

Experience
As it stands, the rewards for this game are extremely underwhelming. In 200+ medals, I've received only one cubelet, and have been getting 25 experience a game. The experience should be pushed up to 70 per game, with a slight increase to the cubelet drop rates. The games don't usually last long, but the experience could be a bit greater.

Achievements

Name: Freeze!
Requirements: Stun three snow people in one game
Reward: 100 experience, 50 points

Name: Deep freeze!
Requirements: Stun three snow people in ten seconds (Note: Requires 'Slush-maker')
Reward: 300 experience, 2 cubelets

Name: The thaw
Requirements: Survive an entire game without using any power-ups
Reward: 200 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: Cold War
Requirements: Kill at least five survivors in one game
Reward: 250 experience

Name: Collectathon
Requirements: Collect at least one of every power-up in one game
Reward: 100 experience, 20 points

Name: Snow sniper
Requirements: Kill a survivor from at least forty blocks away
Reward: 150 experience, 50 points

Name: Torch-bearer
Requirements: Last at least two minutes as the only survivor

Name: Ghost
Requirements: Activate a Blink power-up whilst your decoy is still active
Reward: 100 experience

Maps

Arctic
Your ship has become stuck in the heart of an icy ocean. Six days have passed, and the captain is nowhere to be found. Inside his quarters, you find a lone, sentient snowman, hellbent on freezing the hearts of the remaining crew.
arctic_desert_shipwreck_by_kelso_san-d4nc8uz.jpg

Cabin
You and your crew have been hit by a misfired shrink ray, and must outlast a personified winter from inside your snugly, over-sized cabin.

00a1cdy0

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
keep the skill gap low, allowing even the noobiest of Steves to participate without too great a disadvantage.
Medal Shop
That gives a disadvantage to the noobiest steves that only play for a few minutes a day. I like all the upgrades, but the should be free as an early christmas present. Especially since they it's only here for a month at a time so there isn't much time to unlock them.

Reactions: A pigeon

ocelot

Aug 18, 2017
I like all your ideas and your effort u have putted into this form.
It seems like it may will become a feature but, it has to stay popular other wise it wont be added.
But, i love your suggestion and i will vote for you!

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
That's why I'm proposing it be added permanently, similar to Line Dash.
Oh, didn't notice that part. I still don't like giving players an advantage just for playing the game. Sky-/Eggwars abilities and the FFA shop are also bad.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Oh, didn't notice that part. I still don't like giving players an advantage just for playing the game. Sky-/Eggwars abilities and the FFA shop are also bad.
You could argue the same for kits though, which is essentially what these abilities are as you can only equip three at once for Survivors, or one for Snow people. The advantages they offer aren't too beneficial anyways.

Reactions: Ayroh

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
You could argue the same for kits though, which is essentially what these abilities are as you can only equip three at once for Survivors, or one for Snow people. The advantages they offer aren't too beneficial anyways.
Yes, kits should be free as well. Good idea.

A

A pigeon

True. I'd actually be fine with kits costing points, as long as the free kits are actually useful.
Same for upgrades. If you can select 3 upgrades, 3 boring but useful upgrades should be free, additional ones can cost points.
Selection of abilities should be limited to a few before a game . These abilities should not be upgradable either

Reactions: Ayroh and Sophie

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
View attachment 140244
Woot, second place!

Snowman Survival is the best addition to this server since Lucky Islands. Its charming mechanics and simple concept keep the skill gap low, allowing even the noobiest of Steves to participate without too great a disadvantage. It feels like the spiritual successor to Hide and Seek, except there's heavy incentive to run around. In case management ever consider adding this game permanently, similar to the fashion of Line Dash, here's a suggestion thread :)

Medal Shop
Currently, medals serve a similar role to the trophies in Arcade, being a collectible currency that cannot be spent on anything. Snowman Survival is currently void of any unlocks, so why not allow medals to be exchanged for upgrades? These medals will remain the source of attaining leaderboard status, however may also be consumed to earn a wicked variety of upgrades.

Survivor upgrades
Note: You can equip up to three upgrades at a time.

Ice skates -
Upgrades the Speed power-up from ten seconds to thirteen seconds || 150 medals
Aegis - Upgrades the Shield power-up from fifteen seconds to eighteen seconds || 150 medals
Rapid Retreat - Grants the ability to leap backwards by pressing 'F' || 200 medals
Netherborn- Upgrades the Fireball power-up from three fireballs to four || 150 medals
Celestial - Upgrades the Blink power-up to traverse more distance || 200 medals
Celestial II - Upgrades the Blink power-up to traverse distance faster || 200 medals
Slush-maker - Retain the Snowman Killer power-up for up to five seconds after its initial use || 300 medals
Igloo - Upgrades the Instant Wall power-up to surround you with a dome of snow || 100 medals
Explosive decoy - Decoys will explode when destroyed, stunning its breaker for ten seconds; decoy will last half their regular duration || 350 medals

Survivor cosmetics
I love the idea of adding survivor cosmetics, since it means more can be added every couple of months to give players something else to spend their medals on.
Note: You may equip one cosmetic at a time.

Walrus hat -
Equips you with a walrus hat || 30 medals
Reindeer hat - Equips you with a reindeer hat || 30 medals
Santa hat - Equips you with a santa hat || 50 medals
Rubik hat - Equips you with a Rubik hat || 75 medals
Cube hat - Equips you with a Cubecraft hat || 100 medals

Snowman upgrades
As it stands, snow people receive a free player tracker every thirty seconds, which applies a brief glowing effect to a random survivor. Why stop at player trackers?
Note: You can equip only one upgrade at a time.

Player tracker -
Apply a temporary glowing buff to a random survivor || 30 second cooldown || 0 medals
Kinesis - Instantly retract your snowball by pressing 'F' once it's been thrown || 20 second cooldown || 30 medals
Vanish - Turn yourself invisible for ten seconds || 60 second cooldown || 50 medals
Freedom - Can walk through player-made walls, and can negate the effects of the sword and fireball power-ups || 45 second cooldown || 50 medals
Rapid fire - Can shoot two snowballs in rapid succession || 30 second cooldown || 50 medals

Other:
Polar bear pet -
A baby polar bear pet that will accompany you on your adventures across CCG || 2,500 medals

Why not use points?
Medals offer the opportunity to provide long-term incentive to play this game. Long-time fans of CCG will surely be able to buy out every single unlock on day one if points were used, meaning they'd never even have to play the game to access everything it has to offer. Also, by using medals, management can add additional content, say cosmetics, every few months or so. This will give dedicated fans of Snowman Survival new unlocks to strive towards. Cosmetics should be relatively easy to add.

Experience
As it stands, the rewards for this game are extremely underwhelming. In 200+ medals, I've received only one cubelet, and have been getting 25 experience a game. The experience should be pushed up to 70 per game, with a slight increase to the cubelet drop rates. The games don't usually last long, but the experience could be a bit greater.

Achievements

Name: Freeze!
Requirements: Stun three snow people in one game
Reward: 100 experience, 50 points

Name: Deep freeze!
Requirements: Stun three snow people in ten seconds (Note: Requires 'Slush-maker')
Reward: 300 experience, 2 cubelets

Name: The thaw
Requirements: Survive an entire game without using any power-ups
Reward: 200 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: Cold War
Requirements: Kill at least five survivors in one game
Reward: 250 experience

Name: Collectathon
Requirements: Collect at least one of every power-up in one game
Reward: 100 experience, 20 points

Name: Snow sniper
Requirements: Kill a survivor from at least forty blocks away

Name: Torch-bearer
Requirements: Last at least two minutes as the only survivor

Name: Ghost
Requirements: Activate a Blink power-up whilst your decoy is still active
Reward: 100 experience

Maps

Arctic
Your ship has become stuck in the heart of an icy ocean. Six days have passed, and the captain is nowhere to be found. Inside his quarters, you find a lone, sentient snowman, hellbent on freezing the hearts of the remaining crew.
arctic_desert_shipwreck_by_kelso_san-d4nc8uz.jpg

Cabin
You and your crew have been hit by a misfired shrink ray, and must outlast a personified winter from inside your snugly, over-sized cabin.

00a1cdy0

I have not yet played the game, but I have seen people explain it so I have a good idea of what it is.
But anyway, like you always do, you make awesome threads! You put a lot of thought into them.
And I think this is a good idea, but it would lower your place on the leaderboard though right?
+1

Ze_BIEU

Jul 3, 2017
MY GOD! You've thought of a lot of good things. Congratulations, I approve your idea too much! Very good!;)

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom