Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think about this idea?

• Good idea!

• Good idea, but maybe there should be a few changes. (Please comment!)

• Horrible idea! (Please comment!)

Results are only viewable after voting.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hello, my name is Remi and I have a little suggestion to introduce to you.
I have always wanted to know what rank I am on for example the message leaderboards, so that's what this mini thread is about.
For example: I am 200th on the message leaderboard, how should it show up?
We all know the regular message leaderboard: https://gyazo.com/3d03ac32717b3db4e5f622a89267217a
I think the forums developers should add another "tab" with your own ranking on it, regardless from if you are 1000th or 60th.
Your ranking will only show up for you.
We could add this to all leaderboards!
If you didn't understand, please comment!
Thanks, RemiO05.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I have always wanted to know what rank I am on for example the message leaderboards, so that's what this mini thread is about.
We all know the regular message leaderboard: https://gyazo.com/3d03ac32717b3db4e5f622a89267217a
I think the forums developers should add another "tab" with your own ranking on it, regardless from if you are 1000th or 60th.
Thanks, RemiO05.

Instead, add to the bottom of the current tab underneath 20th place, With a bit of space display you're: picture, message count, and rank.
Then its yes for me. No need for a separate tab.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Instead, add to the bottom of the current tab underneath 20th place, With a bit of space display your: picture, message count, and rank.
Then its yes for me. No need for a separate tab.
Sorry, I explained it very cumbersome.
I actually do not want to add a separate tab, but just an extra place on the leaderboards. Sorry for the confusion! :)

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

LazosPlaying

Sep 13, 2016
Slovenija
aljaxus.eu
Well as a "junior-backend-learning-web-dev" (sort of thing) I have my opinion on this.

It's a neat idea (ofc) that it would be cool to have, but at the end of the day it always comes to how will the thing work.
The problem is database querying. Every time a user would get there the system would have to get the data from the database. This, of course with decent code, should not be a problem even with a few million rows in the database, even without caching. But it is still just an additional load on the server itself.

I am also sure that this is not the first time thins has been suggested and there are also a few addons on the internet with this function built for this forum framework (XenForo), but again, it all comes to the how will the thing work and of course if it is worth it. Most users do not look at the forums that much (which is not good imo, but that's just how it is). Maybe they look at it for the announcements. So the function itself would not be very useful and it would not "contribute" to the community.

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Thanks, RemiO05.
I like this idea a lot. Even though I'll never get on the leaderboards. It'll be nice to know where I stand. +1

Reactions: remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Well as a "junior-backend-learning-web-dev" (sort of thing) I have my opinion on this.

It's a neat idea (ofc) that it would be cool to have, but at the end of the day it always comes to how will the thing work.
The problem is database querying. Every time a user would get there the system would have to get the data from the database. This, of course with decent code, should not be a problem even with a few million rows in the database, even without caching. But it is still just an additional load on the server itself.

I am also sure that this is not the first time thins has been suggested and there are also a few addons on the internet with this function built for this forum framework (XenForo), but again, it all comes to the how will the thing work and of course if it is worth it. Most users do not look at the forums that much (which is not good imo, but that's just how it is). Maybe they look at it for the announcements. So the function itself would not be very useful and it would not "contribute" to the community.
It's actually just a little additional. It's actually the same as Sophie's thread about the "strike through" button.
It's not like it's very annoying that the button is in the insert menu, but it's still a nice additional!
We don't have to make big threads all the time, sometimes we just need detailed things like this little suggestion.
And: I think our web developers would be smart enough to invent a great solution.
Why not?

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday eef
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday Forums Guru (ELI) Enjoy your day and I hope these small messages here make your day! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Matriox wrote on Eli's profile.
HI

ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY

happy birthday Eli

1714947914949.png

1714948030659.png

here, take some beans:
1714948068073.png
Top Bottom