• Yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No ( < But whyyyy)

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
After all these years: I'm still bad at intro's so no intro..

Suggestion: Don't lock threads because they've already been suggested before.
Because some suggestion staff forget about and sometimes people want to suggest the same thing but with some extra things that will make the sugggestion better but they can't suggest it in the main thread because it's an old thread that hasn't been commeted on for 14 weeks and if they do respond people will scream in his/her face that NECROPOSTING IS NOT ALLOWED HERE SIR and they dont want that so they make a new suggestion but - locked this has already been escalated get out of my face

*gasps for breath*

you get the idea right? if there is one suggestion open and someone makes a new one I completly understand if you lock that one but if it's old or closed because IT'S GOING OFF TOPIC or NO NECROPOSTING they should be allowed to make a new thread......

ktybyeeeeeeeeeeee

i know there are no pauses ^-^

Last edited:

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-1.gif

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I feel so stupid for not turning off that you can see who voted and what they voted

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
I get the idea behind this, but I don't think it's necessary to change anything about it.

If anything, the person who has new suggestions or additions for an existing suggestion should change their wording to something that will let every staff member know that they're adding on to something. You can do this by leaving a short disclaimer at the start of your messages saying that you will be adding on to an already existing suggestion, and that you would like to keep it open for debate despite the main suggestion already existing.

However, if that were to happen, you will need to keep in mind that the old suggestion has to be older than 2 weeks (So the rule of Necro-posting would apply), and that your additions are significant enough to keep the new thread open. Imagine 30 threads about one main suggestion, all of which only want one more thing to be added, and all of them were open. I don't think that would sound like a good idea, but instead if you were to post something stating that you have like 5 new ideas for a suggestion, I'm sure it could remain open for a while, at least long enough for others to leave their opinion.

Anyway, still thank you for sharing your opinion and putting this up for debate, because I'm sure that sometimes it could be a rather bothersome problem.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
However, if that were to happen, you will need to keep in mind that the old suggestion has to be older than 2 weeks (So the rule of Necro-posting would apply), and that your additions are significant enough to keep the new thread open. Imagine 30 threads about one main suggestion, all of which only want one more thing to be added, and all of them were open. I don't think that would sound like a good idea, but instead if you were to post something stating that you have like 5 new ideas for a suggestion, I'm sure it could remain open for a while, at least long enough for others to leave their opinion.
ey ey ey ey ey buddy. read my whole thread next time, then comment on something I already told..

if there is one suggestion open and someone makes a new one I completly understand if you lock that one but if it's old or closed because IT'S GOING OFF TOPIC or NO NECROPOSTING they should be allowed to make a new thread......

If anything, the person who has new suggestions or additions for an existing suggestion should change their wording to something that will let every staff member know that they're adding on to something.
I get the idea behind this but not everyone would even care to do this or even know there was a previous thread about this because it was just one thread they didn't see or they just joined the forums.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I get your point, but if something is already suggested, there's not really a point in resuggesting it, regardless of how good or bad people thought the first suggestion was

The only time you should recreate threads is when you have something new to add or you have taken the feedback from the first suggestion and used it to improve the recreation

And for those who are going to say they recreate threads because they get ignored: why do you think recreating them will not get you ignored?

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
The only time you should recreate threads is when you have something new to add or you have taken the feedback from the first suggestion and used it to improve the recreation
that was litterally pretty much my most important reason on to why they should allow this lmfao..

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
that was litterally pretty much my most important reason on to why they should allow this lmfao..
It is allowed if you have new ideas to add or have taken the feedback in to consideration and have thought of solutions for any problems the users gave with the first suggestion

Also, I said a lot more in my post, don't really know why you cherry picked this specific part

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
Well, I do understand, but let me try to elaborate.

First of all, if someone has a suggestion then they don't have to check the entire forums list for an identical thread. The whole purpose of a staff member locking the thread is to remind everyone that sees this now locked thread that there is an already existing thread with the same suggestion. Now this new thread acts as a redirection.

If the old suggestion thread is closed, and the new one ALSO gets locked, and if it meets the requirements I stated in my old reply, then that means the suggestion has been taken into account by staff members, and does not need to be repeated.

As mentioned before, a suggestion thread with new ideas will not be locked, unless the other suggestion thread is still open. Common sense is a key factor in such a decision, and if you feel as though it may not make sense, you are always free to message the staff member in question, asking nicely Why it was closed.

I hope this sort of clears things up on my part

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
If the old suggestion thread is closed, and the new one ALSO gets locked, and if it meets the requirements I stated in my old reply, then that means the suggestion has been taken into account by staff members, and does not need to be repeated.
Again, new ideas that can improve it. A small reminder like ''THIS SUGGESTION STILL EXISTS''

As mentioned before, a suggestion thread with new ideas will not be locked, unless the other suggestion thread is still open. Common sense is a key factor in such a decision, and if you feel as though it may not make sense, you are always free to message the staff member in question, asking nicely Why it was closed.
I've seen mulitple threads being locked even with new ideas..

First of all, if someone has a suggestion then they don't have to check the entire forums list for an identical thread. The whole purpose of a staff member locking the thread is to remind everyone that sees this now locked thread that there is an already existing thread with the same suggestion. Now this new thread acts as a redirection.
and making a new thread is a reminder for staff that the suggestion still exists

It is allowed if you have new ideas to add or have taken the feedback in to consideration and have thought of solutions for any problems the users gave with the first suggestion
I've seen many suggestions getting locked even when it had different ideas.

Also, I said a lot more in my post, don't really know why you cherry picked this specific part
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Oh no poor thing. I picked only 1 part of your post.
Please stop crying you do this all-the-time with my posts so don't even think about telling me I can't ''cherry pick a specific part'' but fine. If mister big guy wants me to react to the rest, fine.

I get your point, but if something is already suggested, there's not really a point in resuggesting it, regardless of how good or bad people thought the first suggestion was
Sometimes people want to:
- Remind staff off the suggestion
- Add a few new ideas, because
- Previous thread got locked
- Previous thread is too old.
- Just wanting to suggest something but you didn't know it already got suggested because it was only one thread
- Just wanting to suggest something but it has been suggested many times but your new on the forums

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Shainted's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
GiGaGekkies wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
qKhalidd wrote on Kazwa's profile.