Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hello there!

I came up with this great idea (in my opinion)

SKYWARS XL!
How will this look like?

Solo Skywars ;

- Huge new maps
- 50 or more players in the same game
-Items still be the same

Team Skywars ;

-Huge new maps
-75 or more players in the same game
-4 or 5 huge teams
-Items still be the same

I hope you agree with me!
I wanna know your opinion!

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
No, i don't know how much java skywars has on average, but i think it is around the 70. it would take ages to fill up this game and 75/5 is 15 people per team and that is just too big for me. also i think it would be barely played since it will take long to fill up and the games will last pretty long since that you have to kill so many people. and solo skywars end (with 24 players) is already really chaotic

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hello there!

SKYWARS XL!
How will this look like?

Solo Skywars ;

- Huge new maps
-Items still be the same

Team Skywars ;

-Huge new maps
-4 or 5 huge teams
-Items still be the same

I don't think this would be a good idea, yes CubeCraft has evidently seen an increase in its playerbase lately because of everything going on but that'll have an end eventually. And CubeCraft's normal player count is not enough to support a game as big as the one you're proposing. It happened with BattleZone before, it did well for a week or so and then it started to die out. There's also really no point on making SkyWars but bigger, just seems a bit unoriginal in my opinion.

Reactions: Herrero

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
I don't think this would be a good idea, yes CubeCraft has evidently seen an increase in its playerbase lately because of everything going on but that'll have an end eventually. And CubeCraft's normal player count is not enough to support a game as big as the one you're proposing. It happened with BattleZone before, it did well for a week or so and then it started to die out. There's also really no point on making SkyWars but bigger, just seems a bit unoriginal in my opinion.

you're right but as you can see there are over 500 players in skywars at the moment so the supporting is not the biggest problem.
but why is it unoriginal?

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
you're right but as you can see there are over 500 players in skywars at the moment so the supporting is not the biggest problem.
but why is it unoriginal?
It isn't really proposing anything new in terms of gameplay, it's just grabbing SkyWars and making it larger-scaled which really serves no purpose. If SkyWars ever were to see a new gamemode I would much rather see something more game changing, that brought new features to the game.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
It isn't really proposing anything new in terms of gameplay, it's just grabbing SkyWars and making it larger-scaled which really serves no purpose. If SkyWars ever were to see a new gamemode I would much rather see something more game changing, that brought new features to the game.

skywars XL is just a suggestion for adding bigger maps

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
Hello there!

SKYWARS XL!
How will this look like?

Solo Skywars ;

- Huge new maps
-Items still be the same

Team Skywars ;

-Huge new maps
-4 or 5 huge teams
-Items still be the same

Good idea, I hope this contineus and maybe become a minegame on the server. :box:

Reactions: Lozora

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
No thanks, honestly this is just overkill, as there are quite large maps with a max of 40 people and solo maps with 20+ people, I think that's enough as it is, and if people wanted bigger they would play that then. Sorry but I don't think it's worth developer time. Also, Cube has tried 40+ people on one game before and it just ended up being laggy for everyone or for people in some countries, finally, other servers already have this so it would be better to make something 100% original than something already existing.

Reactions: MrTommy

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
No thanks, honestly this is just overkill, as there are quite large maps with a max of 40 people and solo maps with 20+ people, I think that's enough as it is, and if people wanted bigger they would play that then. Sorry but I don't think it's worth developer time. Also, Cube has tried 40+ people on one game before and it just ended up being laggy for everyone or for people in some countries, finally, other servers already have this so it would be better to make something 100% original than something already existing.

alright thanks for your opinion!

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
That can be fixed, right? If cube's gonna make the server better without lag and glitches. It will be a new popular and enjoyable featured game.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
That can be fixed, right? If cube's gonna make the server better without lag and glitches. It will be a new popular and enjoyable featured game.

I'm not a developer so I wouldn't know, but I do know if they reduced player numbers for some games that means they couldn't fix it. Also not every glitch or lag has a fix and that's why, no, I really don't think so. People like fast games, that's why the big maps are not popular. Nor would be this suggestion.

I for one do like fast maps, but if I know it won't be popular or worth time being worked on I cannot support this.

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
I'm not a developer so I wouldn't know, but I do know if they reduced player numbers for some games that means they couldn't fix it. Also not every glitch or lag has a fix and that's why, no, I really don't think so. People like fast games, that's why the big maps are not popular. Nor would be this suggestion.
Every glitch can be fixxed lol and the reduced players are comming back. You can tell by the increases by the number of players that have been online in the last few days.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Every glitch can be fixxed lol and the reduced players are comming back. You can tell by the increases by the number of players that have been online in the last few days.

I honestly wish that were true, but no, not everything can be fixed. Regardless of players coming back, nostalgiac reasons for boredom of being quarantined, that doesn't mean large scale maps are popular again, because in truth it seems fast pace maps are still popular as ever, as a matter of fact, there are so many of both I don't even see a problem in that regard.

Reactions: MrTommy
D

Deleted member 294498

I think the game will be come even more messy...
Bigger maps aren't a good idea because...

- It will be around the size of a lobby, and it's like... TOO big
- People will camp even more, so they will stay alive till the end
- There's a reason why they wont add big maps, games will take too long and it's gonna get boring.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
I think the game will be come even more messy...
Bigger maps aren't a good idea because...

- It will be around the size of a lobby, and it's like... TOO big
- People will camp even more, so they will stay alive till the end
- There's a reason why they wont add big maps, games will take too long and it's gonna get boring.

thanks for your opinion! I totally forgot this ;(

D

Deleted member 373055

I would like it, but that is just personal taste of course.

But I want to see this in Cubecraft, as it will bring new players and more gamemodes is almost always better. One drawback, however, is that 50 players is a lot and it will cost a lot of time as other players already said, but I have a solution for that. Instead of having this as a gamemode always available, I would suggest this only on days like saturday or sunday, when a lot of players are online in the server. If a map with such a player size will be featured, players without a rank need to wait ten hours before they can play skywars, as they will join the same map over and over again, without other players joining.This will be especially annoying in the morning.

So a solution is to feature this only in busy times, so on saturday or sunday. I would like to see it that way!

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
I would like it, but that is just personal taste of course.

But I want to see this in Cubecraft, as it will bring new players and more gamemodes is almost always better. One drawback, however, is that 50 players is a lot and it will cost a lot of time as other players already said, but I have a solution for that. Instead of having this as a gamemode always available, I would suggest this only on days like saturday or sunday, when a lot of players are online in the server. If a map with such a player size will be featured, players without a rank need to wait ten hours before they can play skywars, as they will join the same map over and over again, without other players joining.This will be especially annoying in the morning.

So a solution is to feature this only in busy times, so on saturday or sunday. I would like to see it that way!

Great idea!

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Before one of my friends bought Minecraft premium account we were stuck on a Spanish crappy server(if we wanted to play togheter) and I remember how awful was to play on skywars map with 36 players.
You need to wait a lot, there were too many islands, the middle was bigger than an ikea factory(absolutely huge and more than enough for a sw map).
I imagine how bad it will be with 50+ players...

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom