Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I like Skywars, Team Skywars at least. Solo Skywars suffers from too small islands and too unbalanced chests. Team Skywars is my overall favourite game, but only with normal chests. Especially op games are absolutely terrible in my opinion and I immediately leave the game if op is selected.

Basic:
I would like basic as a version with shorter fights and overall faster games. But currently there are two main problems with it:
  1. With kits and abilities, the kits are extremely unbalanced. In my opinion iron golem and swordsman are already too much for normal chests. With basic chests they are a huge advantage over any gear that you can find in chests so the advantage of those kits is even noticeable in the late game. Kits should either be disabled when basic chests are selected or you should get an adapted version of the kit, for example full gold armor with the iron golem or a Sharpness II wooden sword with the swordsman.
  2. You can still get the same resources from the maps. That means that on some maps you can get full diamond gear, enchant it with the enchanter and anvil kit and then go to mid and craft enchanted golden apples. Other players that did not select those kits and weren't the fist players at mid won't have any chance in the later game. With basic chests it should not be possible to mine diamonds or gold from the map. Either those blocks should be replaced with other ores before the game starts or they should just drop different items.
Overpowered:
While basic is still playable since most of the time nobody uses those methods to get an extreme advantage, overpowered is not. I think overpowered should be a small modification of normal with just slightly longer fights but not change the game entirely to either knocking your opponent into the void or hitting them for tens of minutes until all the armor they found is broken.
  1. Armor is way too strong. The armor was designed for 1.8 and in 1.9 it just doesn't work.I think the armor should just have Protecton I and Fire Protection I on all armor parts, not just the chestplate. In turn, armor should be more common in general.
  2. There are too many golden apples. If you have golden apples, you can not be killed without getting knocked into the void as long as you have some armor. I think golden apples should be as common as they are now, but only come in stacks of 1 to 3, making them slightly more common than in normal. Enchanted golden apples should either be removed or be very rare. Also enchanted golden apples should not be crafteable at all, in any gamemode. To make up for the food, normal carrots should be replaced with golden gcarrots.
  3. The armor and golden apples already make it infeasible to kill someone with damage. Then the punch bows make it easier to knock someone into the void. That's really counterproductive if your goal is to have longer fights. This encourages to stay save at all time and not build bridges around the map. Punch bows should be removed.
Insane Mode:
Since overpowered just got a whole lot less random, I think it would be nice to add an additional insane mode. This mode doesn't even try to have balanced and fair fights, but also doesn't only have fights that either take at least 10 minutes or end with one side getting punched into the void.
Armor is the same as in normal chests.
You get more enderpearls than currently in overpowered.
You can find elytras (with durability as in SG) and rarely rockets.
You can find all kinds of tipped arrows and splash potions to use in battle. Levitation, poison, weakness, blindness (each only for a short time).
You can find a totem of undying (update to 1.12.1, if really necessary use ProtocolSupport). That item is somewhat op, but still not as bad as enchanted golden apples currently.

Summary:
Make some small but necessary changed to basic mode. Make op closer to normal mode wth just slightly longer fights. Add insane mode with a lot of interesting items but not insanely strong armor.

Last edited:

someone1234567890

May 6, 2016
I like Skywars, Team Skywars at least. Solo Skywars suffers from too small islands and too unbalanced chests. Team Skywars is my overall favourite game, but only with normal chests. Especially op games are absolutely terrible in my opinion and I immediately leave the game if op is selected.

Basic:
I would like basic as a version with shorter fights and overall faster games. But currently there are two main problems with it:
  1. With kits and abilities, the kits are extremely unbalanced. In my opinion iron golem and swordsman are already too much for normal chests. With basic chests they are a huge advantage over any gear that you can find in chests so the advantage of those kits is even noticeable in the late game. Kits should either be disabled when basic chests are selected or you should get an adapted version of the kit, for example full gold armor with the iron golem or a Sharpness II wooden sword with the swordsman.
  2. You can still get the same resources from the maps. That means that on some maps you can get full diamond gear, enchant it with the enchanter and anvil kit and then go to mid and craft enchanted golden apples. Other players that did not select those kits and weren't the fist players at mid won't have any chance in the later game. With basic chests it should not be possible to mine diamonds or gold from the map. Either those blocks should be replaced with other ores before the game starts or they should just drop different items.
Overpowered:
While basic is still playable since most of the time nobody uses those methods to get an extreme advantage, overpowered is not. I think overpowered should be a small modification of normal with just slightly longer fights but not change the game entirely to either knocking your opponent into the void or hitting them for tens of minutes until all the armor they found is broken.
  1. Armor is way too strong. The armor was designed for 1.8 and in 1.9 it just doesn't work.I think the armor should just have Protecton I and Fire Protection I on all armor parts, not just the chestplate. In turn, armor should be more common in general.
  2. There are too many golden apples. If you have golden apples, you can not be killed without getting knocked into the void as long as you have some armor. I think golden apples should be as common as they are now, but only come in stacks of 1 to 3, making them slightly more common than in normal. Enchanted golden apples should either be removed or be very rare. Also enchanted golden apples should not be crafteable at all, in any gamemode. To make up for the food, normal carrots should be replaced with golden gcarrots.
  3. The armor and golden apples already make it infeasible to kill someone with damage. Then the punch bows make it easier to knock someone into the void. That's really counterproductive if your goal is to have longer fights. This encourages to stay save at all time and not build bridges around the map. Punch bows should be removed.
Insane Mode:
Since overpowered just got a whole lot less random, I think it would be nice to add an additional insane mode. This mode doesn't even try to have balanced and fair fights, but also doesn't only have fights that either take at least 10 minutes or end with one side getting punched into the void.
Armor is the same as in normal chests.
You get more enderpearls than in currently overpowered.
You can find elytras (with durability as in SG) and rarely rockets.
You can find all kinds of tipped arrows and splash potions to use in battle. Levitation, poison, weakness, blindness (each only for a short time).
You can find a totem of undying (update to 1.12.1, if really necessary use ProtocolSupport). That item is somewhat op, but still not as bad as enchanted golden apples currently.

Summary:
Make some small but necessary changed to basic mode. Make op closer to normal mode wth just slightly longer fights. Add insane mode with a lot of interesting items but not insanely strong armor.
I never saw such of good insane mode suggestion! I really like it!!!

Nqnja

Novice Member
Dec 1, 2016
Netherlands
Best idea I've seen on the forums till now!
The new Insane mode is the idea I like the most, however, the idea about making an extra kit part for Basic and nerfing armour and golden apples (golden apples have been buffed in the 1.9 update and are almost as good as the notch apples, soo having 1 stack is too OP) in OverPowerd is good too!

Reactions: Edgeless
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Migratie's profile.
Happy Birthday
UncleSpect wrote on Migratie's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Dutch_Frietjes's profile.
Jerry??
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy birthday
Top Bottom