Should Golden Apples have a cooldown in Bedrock Skywars

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

t7f32long

Jan 21, 2023
In Skywars, golden apples tend to draw out fights to the point that the player with the most apples wins in most situations. Nothing prevents players from eating a golden apple or five in the midst of a fight and regaining all their health. This is a problem because fights can become much longer than what is engaging and fights become based more on apple count than anything else. While more would be required to entirely address all the frustrating/boring situations caused by golden apples, I suggest a cooldown be added that prevents you from eating them constantly.

zffyi

Jun 6, 2022
In Skywars, golden apples tend to draw out fights to the point that the player with the most apples wins in most situations. Nothing prevents players from eating a golden apple or five in the midst of a fight and regaining all their health. This is a problem because fights can become much longer than what is engaging and fights become based more on apple count than anything else. While more would be required to entirely address all the frustrating/boring situations caused by golden apples, I suggest a cooldown be added that prevents you from eating them constantly.
In normal mode, I usually find it easier to kill them and it never happened to me that fights become much longer than what is engaging and are based more on apple count than anything else. However, I can see how this could be a problem in other game modes and how it could cause frustrating and boring situations. While I may not have experienced this issue myself, I believe it is important to consider the reasoning behind the suggestion and its potential impact on gameplay balance. Therefore, I look forward to hearing more about this idea and how it may affect the game.

• Unsure
Reactions: Casualpoalrbear

Casualpoalrbear

Forum Expert
Sep 11, 2022
Somewhere in the North pole
m.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
In normal mode, I usually find it easier to kill them and it never happened to me that fights become much longer than what is engaging and are based more on apple count than anything else. However, I can see how this could be a problem in other game modes and how it could cause frustrating and boring situations. While I may not have experienced this issue myself, I believe it is important to consider the reasoning behind the suggestion and its potential impact on gameplay balance. Therefore, I look forward to hearing more about this idea and how it may affect the game.
I feel like the void is a good counter agianst this tho. It dosent matter how many golden apples you eat as falling into the void is instant death while being unblock able (in the sense that golden apple can't cancel out knock back) and for better and worst it pretty easy to lead your enemy into a spot where rather you and then can get knocked off. I don't deny that this could be an issue on something like survival games or battle arena but I think on skywars it won't as long as your trying to make it not happen

• Agree
Reactions: zffyi

zffyi

Jun 6, 2022
I feel like the void is a good counter agianst this tho. It dosent matter how many golden apples you eat as falling into the void is instant death while being unblock able (in the sense that golden apple can't cancel out knock back) and for better and worst it pretty easy to lead your enemy into a spot where rather you and then can get knocked off. I don't deny that this could be an issue on something like survival games or battle arena but I think on skywars it won't as long as your trying to make it not happen
Yes, it is true that the void can be a good counter against the problem of golden apples drawing out fights in Skywars. The void is an instant death and is unblockable by golden apples. It is also relatively easy to lead your opponent into a spot where they can be knocked off, thus making it a good strategy to avoid fights becoming too long and based on apple count. While the issue of golden apples may be a problem in other game modes, it may not be as much of an issue in Skywars as long as players are aware of this strategy and try to use it effectively.

• Agree
Reactions: Casualpoalrbear

t7f32long

Jan 21, 2023
I can see where you are coming from, but most of the maps currently in rotation have large areas where the void is too far away to knock someone into. Even outside of that, if the person you are fighting gets stuck in a corner it is not easy to get them out while still hitting them. I do not see why I need to play more passive and bait players near the void in order to eliminate them without the chance that they eat several golden apples and stall out the fight.

Casualpoalrbear

Forum Expert
Sep 11, 2022
Somewhere in the North pole
m.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I can see where you are coming from, but most of the maps currently in rotation have large areas where the void is too far away to knock someone into. Even outside of that, if the person you are fighting gets stuck in a corner it is not easy to get them out while still hitting them. I do not see why I need to play more passive and bait players near the void in order to eliminate them without the chance that they eat several golden apples and stall out the fight.
You can get them into the void aggressively as well. If I remember correctly tnt and lava (I think) are both in skywars and either one of them will force your opponent to move from a corner and depending on the map the tnt will also be able to bring the void to you. As well as just hitting them to areas you know where there is void and chasing them to those locations when they are gappling. This however does seem like a problem on survival games tho as it doesn't have any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
Top Bottom