Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

_PC_Load_Letter_

Jul 16, 2016
Three quick and easy suggestions for Tower Defence:

1) As the game is programmed now, if the game times out and both sides are still standing, the side with the most castle health wins, otherwise it's declared as a tie. (An improvement over the old TD which just gave winning position to red in the event of tie.) In any case, the suggestion is to add a line to the message explaining why the side that won, actually won, in the case of a timed out game. Such as, "Red Team Wins (had more castle health when game ended)," something like that.

There's no easy way to determine the other side's castle health when you're playing it, or to compare it with yours, and most people are too worried about their own side to be monitoring when mobs reach the other side's castle. I've seen a number of games where one side wins a timeout games and players on both sides quizzically ask, "Why?," because it isn't clear why one side was declared the winner. At worse, I've seen people accuse the other side of hacking because they just just don't understand the castle health part of the winning party algorithm. I think this can turn new players off the game because a TD game that times out is a significant investment of time.

2) Related to (1), it would be cool to have a way to be notified when the other side's castle gets attacked by mobs and has done damage. It doesn't have to be as prominent as the one on top of screen when your OWN castle gets attacked; if can be a line in the standard dialog where most messages and chats take place saying, "You team's mobs are attacking [Blue/Red]'s castle." That way you know if you are on pace to actually win the game assuming you hold your own castle without damage.

3) The old TD used to show your castle health numerically in the same box as your coins/exp. I think the new layout with the castle health bar on top is probably a better use of space, but the might be cool to add a number next to the bar showing the exact, current castle health value. At the same time, it would be cool to have a second bar showing the other side's castle health, right below it. A numerical gives you a much better idea how you're doing comparatively to the other side, again, without having to wait until the end of the game to find out.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Three quick and easy suggestions for Tower Defence:

1) As the game is programmed now, if the game times out and both sides are still standing, the side with the most castle health wins, otherwise it's declared as a tie. (An improvement over the old TD which just gave winning position to red in the event of tie.) In any case, the suggestion is to add a line to the message explaining why the side that won, actually won, in the case of a timed out game. Such as, "Red Team Wins (had more castle health when game ended)," something like that.

There's no easy way to determine the other side's castle health when you're playing it, or to compare it with yours, and most people are too worried about their own side to be monitoring when mobs reach the other side's castle. I've seen a number of games where one side wins a timeout games and players on both sides quizzically ask, "Why?," because it isn't clear why one side was declared the winner. At worse, I've seen people accuse the other side of hacking because they just just don't understand the castle health part of the winning party algorithm. I think this can turn new players off the game because a TD game that times out is a significant investment of time.

2) Related to (1), it would be cool to have a way to be notified when the other side's castle gets attacked by mobs and has done damage. It doesn't have to be as prominent as the one on top of screen when your OWN castle gets attacked; if can be a line in the standard dialog where most messages and chats take place saying, "You team's mobs are attacking [Blue/Red]'s castle." That way you know if you are on pace to actually win the game assuming you hold your own castle without damage.

3) The old TD used to show your castle health numerically in the same box as your coins/exp. I think the new layout with the castle health bar on top is probably a better use of space, but the might be cool to add a number next to the bar showing the exact, current castle health value. At the same time, it would be cool to have a second bar showing the other side's castle health, right below it. A numerical gives you a much better idea how you're doing comparatively to the other side, again, without having to wait until the end of the game to find out.
Please add a poll so I can vote :P
I like the ideas though.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom