Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How do you guys like this idea?

• Yes! Please!

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Nah, this isn't really needed.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I have a couple of issues, fix those and we're all good! (Leave comments!)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

FalseHonesty

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2016
My House
saltsquadstrong.weebly.com
So, most of us have had those time where we are either bored ( https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/activivities.117719/ ) or just want to chat with our friends ( https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cubecraft-lounges.113681/ ~ Sort of applies ). However, that would require us to launch minecraft (which uses up a bunch of ram, so for laptop users [me], we cant play minecraft and browse the forums or whatever we need to do.) Also, this would allow phone users to have real time communication with our friends, as we obviously can't play MC. The conversations tool of the forums is good, but way too bulky for a casual conversation (Plus the 60 second post cooldown). This would provide a feature for people new to the forums (or regulars) to ask for assistance or a link to a thread, and be able to get it in real time.

But if the chat room was integrated into the forums-
06c5b0841c7fc574d99be7a899c6e52a.png

Everyone could instantly talk, get information, and hang out. Leave your guys's feedback in the poll above ^ and the comments below. I'm open for suggestions and little modifications or big ones! Thank you! <3

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
I hope they'll add this to the new website. This will also give the community a big boost. People will become friends, and just hang-out on the forums :) +1

Reactions: FalseHonesty

Stefanvld

Forum Expert
May 24, 2014
Behind you.
I like the idea. However, I'm afraid we will have to moderate this as people will start spamming and asking for things such as unbans. I'd personally stick with the discord and teamspeak server we currently have, which have the same purpose as the shoutbox.

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
I really like the idea. But there would be lots of spam in it and staff should check it a lot. Same what Stefan said above.

I think TeamSpeak and Discord are really useful if somebody wants to meet other new people or talk with their friends.

But it has to become more popular. I'm almost every day on TS and I really like it. The only problem is that you don't have the opportunity to chat with other people in the 'main lobby'. That's why I prefer Discord for chatting. It just has to become more popular :)

FalseHonesty

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2016
My House
I like the idea. However, I'm afraid we will have to moderate this as people will start spamming and asking for things such as unbans. I'd personally stick with the discord and teamspeak server we currently have, which have the same purpose as the shoutbox.
I really like the idea. But there would be lots of spam in it and staff should check it a lot. Same what Stefan said above.

I think TeamSpeak and Discord are really useful if somebody wants to meet other new people or talk with their friends.

But it has to become more popular. I'm almost every day on TS and I really like it. The only problem is that you don't have the opportunity to chat with other people in the 'main lobby'. That's why I prefer Discord for chatting. It just has to become more popular :)

Well there will always be spammers, but this would keep it off of the staff profiles and if people do spam, maybe there could be a ban from the chatbox? Also a possible swear filter including swears, obviously, and maybe the word "Unban"? And messages are only temporary, they will get buried soon as it only displays the 80 most recent messages, we could even edit that to 40 or so.

Stefanvld

Forum Expert
May 24, 2014
Behind you.
Well there will always be spammers, but this would keep it off of the staff profiles and if people do spam, maybe there could be a ban from the chatbox?
I personally do not think this will stop people from spamming, it might slightly reduce the amount of spam we receive on our profiles though, but won't completely stop it.

Also a possible swear filter including swears, obviously, and maybe the word "Unban"?
Sounds good.

And messages are only temporary, they will get buried soon as it only displays the 80 most recent messages, we could even edit that to 40 or so.
Spamming people would make it hard for the other people to follow the conversation going on. Conversations would be disturbed by spammers and the chat history would be gone.

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Well there will always be spammers, but this would keep it off of the staff profiles and if people do spam, maybe there could be a ban from the chatbox? Also a possible swear filter including swears, obviously, and maybe the word "Unban"? And messages are only temporary, they will get buried soon as it only displays the 80 most recent messages, we could even edit that to 40 or so.
That could work, but it won't stop spammers. You need to block every spammer, that could be a problem.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
That could work, but it won't stop spammers. You need to block every spammer, that could be a problem.
Maybe they could add the ability that you're only able to send one message at the time so you have to wait till someone else says something till you can say something again.

But in my opinion discord seems like a good place to chat to your friends with a lot of cool features, so I don't see this as necessary.

FalseHonesty

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2016
My House
I personally do not think this will stop people from spamming, it might slightly reduce the amount of spam we receive on our profiles though, but won't completely stop it.
Unfortunately, I doubt there will ever be a complete fix :/

Spamming people would make it hard for the other people to follow the conversation going on. Conversations would be disturbed by spammers and the chat history would be gone.
Well, it works on other forums, so maybe just a testing period for it to see if it would work?

Steyro

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Belgium
This might help against the spam :
They can only say the message one time, you can block him.

The Shoutbox isn't only talking alone but in a group. Then or?

Staff should be able to mute the player on the Shoutbox if he spams it.

For the rest I like the idea!
I hope they will add it to the new website!

B

Britney Spears

Neat idea. I would totally love to see this if there is a chance to get rid of the bugs that could occur when this gets implemented (Advertisers , people asking for unbans , people swearing etc.)

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
Maybe set a minimum amount of messages before you can chat in the chatbox.

Only people with 200 or 300+ (Don't know what will fit the best) will be able to chat in the chatbox.
This will prevent bots, or random people from spamming the chatbox. I know it will not completely reduce the spamming, but it will probably reduce it a lot.

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Maybe set a minimum amount of messages before you can chat in the chatbox.

Only people with 200 or 300+ (Don't know what will fit the best) will be able to chat in the chatbox.
This will prevent bots, or random people from spamming the chatbox. I know it will not completely reduce the spamming, but it will probably reduce it a lot.
This isn't fair for the people with a couple of messages. They also want to talk with people.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
you dont know how long ive been waiting to see this <3
IMG_8461.jpeg
Top Bottom