Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the first vote count in a draw?

• Total voters

MrBar

Feb 25, 2017
So basicly i get annoyed by people who join last second and vote something i dont like in the last second of voting time, so i thought for a long time it is a good idea, that the first vote should count whenever the voting match ends in a draw.

MrBar

Feb 25, 2017
Maybe higher ranks should get prioritised vote but whoever joined the game first, no?
Whoever VOTES first, not join, it stops those annoying kids from voting last second which is annoying

MrBar

Feb 25, 2017
It is fair imo it's how it's done in real life, do early voters get a higher vote count?
How is it fair lmao, imagine your waiting for like 12 hours in a cage, voting what you like, finally the lobby fills, last second some guy joins, votes the thing u hate and it actually becomes that you hate, i legit have that like 90% of the time.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
How is it fair lmao, imagine your waiting for like 12 hours in a cage, voting what you like, finally the lobby fills, last second some guy joins, votes the thing u hate and it actually becomes that you hate, i legit have that like 90% of the time.
I've never had an experience of 12 hours in a cage wow. I am going to continue to disagree with u, cubecraft runs a system wich randomises it, I think its fair tho some may say a higher rank should get priority. But really I think its fair and does not require a change

Reactions: CeleryAskin

qMelonn

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2021
Canada
Think about it from the other player's POV. They load into a game as the final player in, and want to vote for Overpowered mode, while you were the first one in and voted for Hardcore mode (the scenario is in Eggwars). They don't get to play the mode that they want just because of the timing they joined? This is not fair at all in my opinion. Randomizing it lets both people have a fair chance at their preferred mode being picked. If the other mode gets picked randomly and they hate it that much, they can always /hub. Otherwise you can re queue if you see someone else voting, to eliminate any risk of having to play with a mode you don't like.

MrBar

Feb 25, 2017
Think about it from the other player's POV. They load into a game as the final player in, and want to vote for Overpowered mode, while you were the first one in and voted for Hardcore mode (the scenario is in Eggwars). They don't get to play the mode that they want just because of the timing they joined? This is not fair at all in my opinion. Randomizing it lets both people have a fair chance at their preferred mode being picked. If the other mode gets picked randomly and they hate it that much, they can always /hub. Otherwise you can re queue if you see someone else voting, to eliminate any risk of having to play with a mode you don't like.
I understand your point, but then look from the other POV, you've been sitting in a cage for like minutes, because people join slowly, finally the game starts, and in the last seconds, some stone rank leaves, and a diamond rank joins in that place, and votes the thing you dislike, don't you understand how frustrating that can be?

qMelonn

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2021
Canada
I understand your point, but then look from the other POV, you've been sitting in a cage for like minutes, because people join slowly, finally the game starts, and in the last seconds, some stone rank leaves, and a diamond rank joins in that place, and votes the thing you dislike, don't you understand how frustrating that can be?
Yes I have had that happen to me multiple times before. I usually just go to the hub and find a new game. It doesn't usually take too long.

unlikely to

Mar 29, 2021
United Kingdom
I’m pretty lucky with the fact that most games I get into nobody has a rank so what I vote doesn’t get contested. The power! However I think you shouldn’t be able to vote all the way to the last second as like said, you could be looking forward to what’s been voted and somebody could join last second and snatch the decided vote. Maybe as soon as the lobby is full you get 5 seconds to vote and then the game begins shortly after.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I actually think this would be a fair change, but apparantly we are in the minortiy.

Right now it's random. When I play at night here, it's not uncommon to have to wait for ages before a game starts. I don't see the problem with giving the vote from the first person in the game priority over another.

It also saves everyone involved some time. If I join and another person has voted normal or hardcore: I know I can leave and start a new game. And vice versa. Now, you gotta wait until the game begins and either play something you don't like as much or "play" the waiting game again.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on qSxgttt's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
I hope we do not get a repeat of what happened in February when it comes to updates. I hope the EggWars update is prioritized first.
Context: Lunar event released before EggWars Perks update, both in February, and now we have Summer event and EggWars update in development.
GiGaGekkies wrote on qSxgttt's profile.
Happy Birthday
this is an archive of the alt i managed to sneak into the hive forums so i can continue publishing stories

this is where i started using the desiderata name

1716045590630.png
Eli wrote on marijuli2004's profile.
Thank you for the follow ❤️
Top Bottom