Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Skill-based matchmaking is a system that ranks players based on their ELO score. ELO is a hidden number that can be increased by winning games and decreased by losing games.

My previous suggestion about SBMM was rejected because CubeCraft doesn't have enough players on both versions to implement an SBMM system, however all Duels gamemodes only require two players, so it isn't hard to bring SBMM to Duels without decreasing the player count.

Java's player count is very small and constantly stays at around 2000, however Bedrock's player count is constantly over 15k, so this suggestion is Bedrock only.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
When we said the player count wasn't high enough, we mean the amount of players channelling through the game constantly, not the players required to start a game.

So this applies to duels as well.

Reactions: Reesle and IDKhan

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
When we said the player count wasn't high enough, we mean the amount of players channelling through the game constantly, not the players required to start a game.

So this applies to duels as well.
When duels has 4 people queuing into it, the 4 people are sorted by skill so the 2 people with best skill queue together and the 2 people with worst skill also queue together.

Also, on weekends when CubeCraft has more players, more people queue into Duels, which means the system can be used.

Reactions: Reesle

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
When duels has 4 people queuing into it, the 4 people are sorted by skill so the 2 people with best skill queue together and the 2 people with worst skill also queue together.

Also, on weekends when CubeCraft has more players, more people queue into Duels, which means the system can be used.
It will very rarely put 2 people together who are of similar skill which makes the system obsolete, it'd have to sacrifice region or device to even have a chance of getting this right.

Reactions: Reesle and IDKhan

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Skill-based matchmaking is a system that ranks players based on their ELO score. ELO is a hidden number that can be increased by winning games and decreased by losing games.

My previous suggestion about SBMM was rejected because CubeCraft doesn't have enough players on both versions to implement an SBMM system, however all Duels gamemodes only require two players, so it isn't hard to bring SBMM to Duels without decreasing the player count.

Java's player count is very small and constantly stays at around 2000, however Bedrock's player count is constantly over 15k, so this suggestion is Bedrock only.
I’m sorry, I disagree because I’d rather have device-based matchmaking, for example, I’m very sweaty … for a mobile player. Oftenly, because of my good skill, I get placed with PC players and, the majority of the time, get rolled by unfair bridging, quick hot bar switching (like on hive with snowball combos), or something else. Sorry, but I disagree.

human being

Jan 23, 2022
i don't like it when i get matched with a person who i can kill easily and have 9.5 hearts left over and device based matchmaking isn't useful when you have two people who have the same device but different skill levels

• Disagree
Reactions: Reesle
Sep 25, 2022
I’m sorry, I disagree because I’d rather have device-based matchmaking, for example, I’m very sweaty … for a mobile player. Oftenly, because of my good skill, I get placed with PC players and, the majority of the time, get rolled by unfair bridging, quick hot bar switching (like on hive with snowball combos), or something else. Sorry, but I disagree.
Mate, not tryna get into a fight here, but look, like when we're talking about skill-based matchmaking in Duels only, we really mean skill-based matchmaking in Duels ONLY alright, so like the unfair bridging advantage we can already leave it behind for another topic, secondly, the snowball combos as you said only works well on Hive, cuz whoever created Hive didn't really think it through, that thing does not happen on Cubecraft though, and skill-based matchmaking is based on how many losses and wins you have so even if they can switch hotbar faster than you, they may be worse at other things like strafing, clicking or whatever, which is why they only have as many wins as you, so their lack of skill in other areas balance it out so that they are not gods with their super fast hotbar switching, the problem here is, if we do not have this system, the pc players already having more wins than you but now even with their lightning speed hotbar switching will rickity roll you with their Bloody A70 mousy, and you can do nothing but cry about it, because now without the skill-based matchmaking, the cross platform problem is even bigger, and guess what, those annoying lil Xbox kids who was as good as you but now are better than u cuz they sweat all day tryna beat you, now they still can do it, cuz skill-based matchmaking isn't there

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yeoxuhang's profile.
Thank you for the follow!:D
Hello peopleeee!! How are you doing today?
First status update in almost a month...

1713983348557.jpeg
0ananastime0 wrote on Dreamer's profile.
Bro plz spare me😢
xHappyMood wrote on SanCookie's profile.
it did not add up to 424 😔
Top Bottom