Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 169486

-Removed the ability to promote youtube channels, meaning minecraft youtubers have to play on others server to promote to get a youtube rank, totally bringing more people to the server.

-Still DOES NOT COVER a pretty big issue.

D

Deleted member 169486

with the exception of M*******
NO! Do not mention other servers, because no one here knows what that server is and will completely abandon cubecraft and go there if they find out!

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Old rule was better for advertisers (don't spam advertise). I think that streamers should be able to advertise once every 10 minutes or whatever it was before, I don't recall any problems with that + it helped cubecraft grow and the youtuber's channel grow, win win.
Does anyone know why this rule change occurred? Because I don't understand why

Reactions: Matriox

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Why the rule change where you can not advertise your youtube/twitch channel? I know that I for one streamed on cubecraft a lot because I could lightly advertise my channel.
Does anyone know why this rule change occurred?
People abused the 'lightly' advertising rule by joining a load of different lobbies and spamming their advertisements. We simply couldn't track if someone just said it once every 10 minutes or spammed it every 1 minute in a different lobby.

Reactions: Power Ranger

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
People abused the 'lightly' advertising rule by joining a load of different lobbies and spamming their advertisements. We simply couldn't track if someone just said it once every 10 minutes or spammed it every 1 minute in a different lobby.
That's still not spam though right? Because most people stay in 1 lobby so will only see 1 advertising message once every 10 minutes. Even if someone does switch lobbies its not likely they're going to see more than 2 advertising messages in that 10 minute period anyway, right?

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
That's still not spam though right? Because most people stay in 1 lobby so will only see 1 advertising message once every 10 minutes. Even if someone does switch lobbies its not likely they're going to see more than 2 advertising messages in that 10 minute period anyway, right?
They are still spamming though, it doesn't matter if you just do it in one lobby or in multiple lobbies.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
They are still spamming though, it doesn't matter if you just do it in one lobby or in multiple lobbies.
But that "spam" will only be available on their own screen, not anyone else's, so how would that affect other players? Sorry for the questions but I don't understand

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
But that "spam" will only be available on their own screen, not anyone else's, so how would that affect other players? Sorry for the questions but I don't understand
This is when one player is doing it, but imagine 10 people doing it over 10 skywars lobbies - that will get annoying to the people that are not interested.

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
This is when one player is doing it, but imagine 10 people doing it over 10 skywars lobbies - that will get annoying to the people that are not interested.
I cant remember the time I've seen more than two messages within 5 minutes of each other. To be fair as well, most people join games within a minute of them going into the lobby anyway. Sure if you are just staying in the lobby you could see more messages but thats such a select group of people. Even then the chat is usually active enough to where you have to scroll way up to see the previous advertisement.

On a side note, does saying "Say Hi to Youtube!" or "Hey guys you are on twitch right now!" count as advertisements as you are not technically saying "hey come watch me play" and you are not specifically saying what stream it is?

ChuckNorrisMom

Sep 10, 2016
Hello, everyone! We've recently updated our rules to be clearer and more fair. The new rules can be found here: https://cbecrft.net/rules.

For those of you already familiar with the old rules, here's a small change log of what's been added, removed, or edited:
  • Warnings are now only required for first-time offenders.
  • Punishments for multiple pre-existing infractions have been changed for neatness and consistency.
  • Chat trolling is now punishable with a mute.
  • Targeted chat offenses are now classified as either swearing or threats.
  • Advertising of any kind is now prohibited, including YouTube/Twitch advertisement.
Please review the rules and enjoy your time on our server!

I love the new rules! <3

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Lets reverse it and say youtuber ranks did that, how would you handle that? Change the rules so that noone can advertise their stream? Annoying maybe, but your killing your own server in a slow painful death

Reactions: SpankMeSanta
A

A pigeon

Can I troll people and make them close their MC using signs in skywars? “Hey , Press F3 and C for 10 seconds to recieve an extra chest refill”

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hony wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats Worried 🥳🥳
Minecart+poisnous potato= SUPER SPEEDY MINECART-
Screenshot_20240420_202707.jpg

The best minecart in history
Off to work in the rain :((
Have a nice rest of ur day everyone xx
qKhalidd wrote on freddieboi1's profile.
happy birthday
Thunder wrote on Mandyy's profile.
Happy birthday!!
Top Bottom