Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
this is a suggestion to return items considered to be pay to win items

Its against the eula

This is no longer a valid argument, the eula is dead you can see this in many servers from newer rise to power servers like pokefind that has rare candies and pokemon eggs and certain pokemon locked behind cash or cosmicpvp with super op gear crates, to smaller older less trafficked servers like omega realm with the return of purchasing unbans, your basically following a rule that no longer exists

But some players will be op

No they wont, while i support the p2w system because it gives the server more revenue and players more benefits i dont believe it in being incredibly op, yes youd have an advantage but not one that alters every single game

Ok what would we get out of it

This depends on the gamemode, and for factions its a vital part of the competitiveness
If your worried about op gear remember factions you can easily lose or gain anything

This goes for you to staff, the Eula is no longer a valid argument

The partnership....

No this isnt a valid argument either because mineplex whos also in the BT system has a few things locked behind ranks that get them better stuff faster that unranked cant get

Sangre

Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2016
what? give up our partnership with Minecraft in exchange for making our community happy? NEVER!

come on, you know that this will never happen lol

Reactions: Harvard University

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Until the EULA regulations will be officially announced as removed and taken away, I believe that venturing into a pay to win server will not happen.

I was a part of CubeCraft before the EULA was in place, and although revenue could be argued to be higher because of it, it was hectic to deal with as all ranks wanted something, and new players will not want to stay in the server if they are getting overwhelmed by the power that a ranked player may have.

Personally speaking, I believe that the EULA has helped the server a lot with the ideas that we need to put in place for an even gameplay for all players to be put forward, including new chest types, different metagames and others — if EULA was not in place we probably would still have the overpowered obsidian kit in PvP, or enderpearls only for gold ranks in Skywars which would still be annoying for new players to deal with, as well as it being boring for ranked players after a while.

Anyways, I personally would not want to see the EULA being violated as there are more downsides to upsides.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Servers still get targetted by the EULA but Mojang is slow to do so like always and probably only if they get enough complaints about a server. I used to play on a server network that had 2 of their 3 ips blocked by Mojang because they sold kits for money. My assumption is that Mojang only blacklists servers that get enough reports and have already been contacted and told to change what they sell. This seened to be the case with that one server network I played on.

Anyway if you do find a server that 100% violates EULA (no questions asked) then you should try to report them after reading this post by mojang.

That pixelmon server might be a bit questionable because they aren't selling items made by Mojang themselves. It's probably still against EULA but you're probably more likely to get Omega Realms contacted if you got enough reports from multiple people.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Until the EULA regulations will be officially announced as removed and taken away, I believe that venturing into a pay to win server will not happen.
I dont think so, many servers have reinstated p2w and mojangs done nothing about it, i dont think at this point you need to wait
I was a part of CubeCraft before the EULA was in place, and although revenue could be argued to be higher because of it, it was hectic to deal with as all ranks wanted something, and new players will not want to stay in the server if they are getting overwhelmed by the power that a ranked player may have.

Personally speaking, I believe that the EULA has helped the server a lot with the ideas that we need to put in place for an even gameplay for all players to be put forward, including new chest types, different metagames and others — if EULA was not in place we probably would still have the overpowered obsidian kit in PvP, or enderpearls only for gold ranks in Skywars which would still be annoying for new players to deal with, as well as it being boring for ranked players after a while.
the opposite also hapoened, players want competition, not routine making everyone equal has made games incredibly boring and obsidian wasnt as op as you think, the only reason i won games in 1.8 was because i knew how to outplay most tactics and this continued into early 1.9, yes it might get boring after awhile but it cant be worse than it is now
Servers still get targetted by the EULA but Mojang is slow to do so like always and probably only if they get enough complaints about a server. I used to play on a server network that had 2 of their 3 ips blocked by Mojang because they sold kits for money. My assumption is that Mojang only blacklists servers that get enough reports and have already been contacted and told to change what they sell. This seened to be the case with that one server network I played on.
this is due to the fact that nobody cares what mojang thinks, if you remember when it first started the backlash was so intense that mojang backed off in only 3 months i never report p2w servers because theres just no point, ive also seen servers get around it while mojang does nothing, the eula has also changed so many times (vote rewards and unbans being the most notorious) that nobody follows it for pretty much lack of consistency it seems mojang had no idea what they were doing and it almost became the minecraft apocolypse

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
I honestly hope this is a troll thread an I'm just not getting because this is so dumb. You basically want to turn cubecraft into a freaking EA game? While I support having some cosmetics unlocked with ranks to support the server, having a deliberate pay to win system is a sure fire way to kill the server. That is one of the reasons I like cube over mineplex/hypixel, because it is not pay to win. Can we please keep some dignity in Minecraft servers as a whole, a system that is already looked down on by many people?
Also Spyro the dragon, you think that making the server pay to win will increase competition? I cannot even begin to think how stupid that is. At least TRY to explain your thinking.
TLDR: No

Reactions: giesko

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
this is a suggestion to return items considered to be pay to win items

Its against the eula

This is no longer a valid argument, the eula is dead you can see this in many servers from newer rise to power servers like pokefind that has rare candies and pokemon eggs and certain pokemon locked behind cash or cosmicpvp with super op gear crates, to smaller older less trafficked servers like omega realm with the return of purchasing unbans, your basically following a rule that no longer exists

But some players will be op

No they wont, while i support the p2w system because it gives the server more revenue and players more benefits i dont believe it in being incredibly op, yes youd have an advantage but not one that alters every single game

Ok what would we get out of it

This depends on the gamemode, and for factions its a vital part of the competitiveness
If your worried about op gear remember factions you can easily lose or gain anything

This goes for you to staff, the Eula is no longer a valid argument

The partnership....

No this isnt a valid argument either because mineplex whos also in the BT system has a few things locked behind ranks that get them better stuff faster that unranked cant get
The eula is a valid argument as I AM NOT TOTALLY SURE, but if a server goes against the eula, it will get shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations once more on making it my fellow Java helper :D
Frontlane wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations again on becoming Helper aaa
ElFlxen_ wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats, pro!
SlinkyGnu05604 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Welcome back to the staff team!
SlinkyGnu05604 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!
Top Bottom