Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Yes/no.

• Yes!

• Yes, but with a few changes. (Comment)

• No! (Comment)

• I don't care! (I love it)

Results are only viewable after voting.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
So, a while back I looked at @Stefanvld's profile, and I watched his list of threads. He made a thread about a new kind of forum rank: Known member. Like in his thread, I made a Q&A to answer some questions.

Q: Will I get the rank in game?
A: No, it's just a rank on the forums.

Q: Will I get extra privileges if I get the rank?
A: No. You won't get extra privileges, it's just a little tag displayed under your name.

Q: How would it look like?
A: It would look like this:
6bfb5a07de79636bb60d9ba2fe6a5a88.png

It's just a neat grey tag which is displayed under your name.

Q: How to get this tag?
A: You need at least 2000+ messages, 1000+ likes and 60+ followers to get the tag. You also have to be on the forums for 1 year.

Q:
th

A: Like Stefan said, this little system would reward people for being such an active and a nice member. It gives us motivation to keep going!

+
  • It motivates people to be online on the forums.
  • People will be rewarded for being active. I really think this should be added because members like you and me are the community, and I think we should be rewarded for being active because this server wouldn't exist if we weren't here.
  • The members would report more rulebreakers because they can get a tag if they have 100+ reports!
- It's upon your to give points against my suggestion. If you have mentioned a good point, I will copy+paste your comment in here!

-The amount of reports is a good point against my suggestion. Therefore, I have removed the requirement.

Thanks for reading my thread, and don't forget to give your opinion! Thanks, RemiO05.

Last edited:

Sailor_Rabbit

Oct 5, 2016
That seems pretty cool, and quite awesome.
But I would like to see it In-Game, as a "Sub-Rank".. so people will know that you're famous.
I mean, what else? "YouTuber-Rank"? absolutely unacceptable, It's old, and uncatchy.
If we make this an obtainable rank in lobbies & hubs, we can make one incredible motivation to make people look out for nerds who bypass things, and suddenly you "can see a bar of progress" for each and every single report you make.. But if it's just a forum-tag, then I'd still like it.

A grey point that you can add, is that that the Well-Known tag can be addressed as an "Elder"-rank.
Suddenly, nerds with the well known rank will get questions and assist the community, without feeling a ton of pressure while asking the Moderators.
*I LIKE IT.*

Reactions: remio
D

Deleted member 100818

Don't really like this to be honest. But as you may know the Hypixel forum and a lot of others have the exact same thing. I think this is a quite original forum with its own style and I'd like to keep it that way.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Don't really like this to be honest. But as you may know the Hypixel forum and a lot of others have the exact same thing. I think this is a quite original forum with its own style and I'd like to keep it that way.
Didn't know Hypixel also got this feature, but does it matter? No. It's not we only have to be original, and I think this would be a neat feature to motivate players to comment on threads.

D

Deleted member 100818

Didn't know Hypixel also got this feature, but does it matter? No. It's not we only have to be original, and I think this would be a neat feature to motivate players to comment on threads.
Aren't trophie points enough reason to "motivate" players?

D

Deleted member 100818

I mean, does being registered for 5 years really motivate you? Or posting a maximum of one comment per day for a year?
Depends, I think it's quite motivating to have the 100/1000/10000 messages reward. But it's up to you to you feel the same.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Might encourage people to like/message farm. I don't really think a tag will motivate players to be active on a forum. Because it's just a tag, I definitely don't think it will motivate players to be more active. I am not against it, I actually support it because why not. :)

Reactions: BlueMoon475

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Aren't trophie points enough reason to "motivate" players?
Depends, I think it's quite motivating to have the 100/1000/10000 messages reward. But it's up to you to you feel the same.
That's because you haven't reached the 1000 messages yet. But we have already reached it, and a tag like this would be nice to motivate the older players.

D

Deleted member 100818

That's because you haven't reached the 1000 messages yet. But we have already reached it, and a tag like this would be nice to motivate the older players.
Don't see your 10K messages yet xP Anyways, I don't really like this suggestion due to other forums having it too, and that's basically enough reason for me to disagree.

Reactions: Fantasyz

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Don't see your 10K messages yet xP Anyways, I don't really like this suggestion due to other forums having it too, and that's basically enough reason for me to disagree.
"Oh we can't implement it because Hypixel's got it too!" It's not like we always have to be original, and this rank is, in my eyes, a must have.
And since when is there a trophy you can get if you have 10000 messages?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Why not keep it simple and just decide the rank by posts/likes? Any of the other mentioned requirements don't really signify if someone's well known or not, and reporting has nothing to do with the actual forums either.
I suppose this could be added, but I doubt any of the new people would actually see it. Heck, if it were implemented without me knowing about it, I'd probably find out a month or so later unless someone mentions it.

Reactions: BlueMoon475

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Why not keep it simple and just decide the rank by posts/likes? Any of the other mentioned requirements don't really signify if someone's well known or not, and reporting has nothing to do with the actual forums either.
Reporting actually makes you known with staff, because they can handle your reports, they can see your reporting page etc.
You need good posts and you have to be nice to other people to get followers, so that's, in my eyes, a valid requirement.

D

Deleted member 100818

"Oh we can't implement it because Hypixel's got it too!" It's not like we always have to be original, and this rank is, in my eyes, a must have.
Well it's not just Hypixel, it's used by a lot of forums and I've been actually quite glad that we haven't added this to be honest.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Top Bottom