Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Yes/no.

• Yes!

• Yes, but with a few changes. (Comment)

• No! (Comment)

• I don't care! (I love it)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Reporting actually makes you known with staff, because they can handle your reports, they can see your reporting page etc.
A handful of staff members knowing you =/= a well known player

You need good posts and you have to be nice to other people to get followers, so that's, in my eyes, a valid requirement.
Followers are definitely not gained by good posts or nice comments alone. Most people end up following someone back if they are being followed. At least, that's what I've seen happen many times so far.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
A handful of staff members knowing you =/= a well known player
Mostly, players first meet the forums before reporting someone, so if someone has lots of reports they are also active on the forums. And mostly, if players are known by staff, they are also known by 'normal members'. (That's not always the case though)
Followers are definitely not gained by good posts or nice comments alone. Most people end up following someone back if they are being followed. At least, that's what I've seen happen many times so far.
Well, I mostly don't give players a followback just because they follow me. Only because they post good posts.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
60+ followers
making me mad because i will never get this if that is the requirement

and why 100 reports? really doesn't contribute to well-knownness.
+1 for the rest though

That's because you haven't reached the 1000 messages yet. But we have already reached it, and a tag like this would be nice to motivate the older players.
oh and old doesn't mean more messages
there's plenty of very worthy players who don't have near that amount.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Knew this was coming, that's why I said "Quite original" =3
Nothing is really original anymore these days

So, a while back I looked at @Stefanvld's profile, and I watched his list of threads. He made a thread about a new kind of forum rank: Known member. Like in his thread, I made a Q&A to answer some questions.

Q: Will I get the rank in game?
A: No, it's just a rank on the forums.

Q: Will I get extra privileges if I get the rank?
A: No. You won't get extra privileges, it's just a little tag displayed under your name.

Q: How would it look like?
A: It would look like this:
6bfb5a07de79636bb60d9ba2fe6a5a88.png

It's just a neat grey tag which is displayed under your name.

Q: How to get this tag?
A: You need at least 100 succesful reports, 2000+ messages, 1000+ likes and 60+ followers to get the tag. You also have to be on the forums for 1 year.

Q:
th

A: Like Stefan said, this little system would reward people for being such an active and a nice member. It gives us motivation to keep going!

+
  • It motivates people to be online on the forums.
  • People will be rewarded for being active. I really think this should be added because members like you and me are the community, and I think we should be rewarded for being active because this server wouldn't exist if we weren't here.
  • The members would report more rulebreakers because they can get a tag if they have 100+ reports!
- It's upon your to give points against my suggestion. If you have mentioned a good point, I will copy+paste your comment in here!

Thanks for reading my thread, and don't forget to give your opinion! Thanks, RemiO05.
I've thought about this for some hours now
You should not need 100 reports or any reports for this tag as it is about forums only
They could possibly add some other tags too
Well-known (your idea)
Famous
Tryharder (eksdie)

BlueMoon475

Forum Expert
Feb 8, 2014
Land O' Corn
Don't really know how I feel about this. It just seems like people will try way to hard to get a little tag under their name. And half the time people won't even notice. I'm not against it though.

lilalife

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2017
Q: How to get this tag?
A: You need at least 100 succesful reports, 2000+ messages, 1000+ likes and 60+ followers
Definitely a big YES for the suggestion itself but there is only one minor thing that bothers me:
“60+ followers” it’s just unlogical to take numbers like 100, 2.000, 1.000 and then: 60 ...
Why?? xD just make it 50 and it’s way more logical and better!!!

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I don't know what succesful reports have to to with being well-known
@Gainfullterror @PapaTijd and other players who were against the report requirement: I have removed the requirement and I have added it to my list of points against my suggestion! Thanks for the feedback :)
Definitely a big YES for the suggestion itself but there is only one minor thing that bothers me:
“60+ followers” it’s just unlogical to take numbers like 100, 2.000, 1.000 and then: 60 ...
Why?? xD just make it 50 and it’s way more logical and better!!!
50 is a bit nah, 100 is too much, and 60 is one of my favourite numbers :smirk:

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Kinda funny how after two years after I originally suggested this, it’s still relevant.

imo it’s a must have feature, it should have got implemented way before
+

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/creating-two-new-ranks.156340/ Stefanvld contacted me and asked if he could improve it. If I removed correctly, I did some answers at that thread.
Stefan's thread was my source of inspiration to make this thread, and I will look at it once again, to watch your comments!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

marshduck11 wrote on Livvv's profile.
The first sentence said "sometimes life does't give you what you want" the second one is incomplete so far only saying "not because you don't" I'm excited to see what the last sentence says!
SpringWarz wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Verbramdt wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thanks for the follow, and happy birthday! :D
BurgerCat13 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happpy birthdayyy birb
Top Bottom