Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ranked-gamemodes-limited-time-featured-mode-“skill-based-matchmaking”.274081/
This is labeled as bedrock, because, as a bedrock player, I can rxplain it more clearly in the srvver I understand more :)
BUT I DO think it should be in both networks

Ranked Playlist
Ideas
•Point Systems
•LTM Scoreboard(“Game Statistics”) with suggestions
•Matchmaking
•Gamemode “shuffle” or Playlist Reset

Who Would this Effect?
This would effect the competitive players!
I want this Competitive gameplay to be
A CHOICE meaning it’s NOT IN THE CORE MODES it would be a whole seperate portal just as Beta Games or SkyWars

I Want This To Be A Separate Gamemode Not Take Over The Current Core Modes
Point System
How does it work?
  • The point System will work by giving each player 100 points to start out with.
  • Points can increase by getting an Elimination (+1 Point) OR by winning the match (+10 Points)
  • Points decrease for each time you are Eliminated from the match (-5% Points)
  • Points decrease when leaving the match early (-6% points, incase it was a dc issue)
  • Each Week/Month your score will decrease by 25%. When decreasing this number can only decrease to 100, if any player is below 100 points they are then reset to 100. (See point “Gamemode Shuffle” for more details)
What Does This Do?
This should ensure that each player is going against someone else with a similar skill. And resetting(by 25%) players points each week/month will give the player a reason to play again, to feel like progress is being made to be part of the top %.

Game Statistics / Scoreboard
What will this show?
  • Points - The total amount of points the player currently has
  • Wins - The amount of Wins the player has Earned (All time)
  • Eliminations - The total Amount of Eliminations the player has earned (All Time)
  • Games Played - Total amount of Games Played
  • Percentile - The percent of players the player matches up to (This replaces the Leaderboards). Percentile shows an estimated percent, for example if your top 1% in points it shows “5%” over 1%, To avoid anything like “I’m the best player, your bad”
Matchmaking
How do I know I’m playing against people with a similar skill level?

I believe each player should be queued with another player with similar points/percentile like If I’m in the top 10% of players I should be matches up with people in a +/-10% Range. (Of current queuing players to keep queues faster)
If I am in the top 10% points I can only match with people In the top 0% to the top 20% of players. Meaning if for some reason a player has 10,000 points and someone in the top 18% has 400, they could queue together.
I also thought of another one with matching players with similar points like +/-250 with a max points of 1000 or 2000 points.

Gamemode “Shuffle”
What is Gamemode Shuffling?

Gamemode Shuffling will occur every Week/Month. Gamemode Shuffling will change the gamemode by these intervals to give each player their preferred gamemodes. Shuffling will not entirely reset players points but decrease them by 25%. Gamemode Shuffling may encourage other players to want to participate in this gamemode as there favorite gamemode is featured for this week/month.
What gamemodes does this shuffle?
Any gamemode that has Eliminations!
This means a mode like Minerware won’t be added as it’s not all the time you are meant to/can eliminate players
It may be, Survival Games, SkyWars, Eggwars, or Lucky Islands. And any other gamemodes that I am forgetting!
What if my score is below 100 or at 100 before the reset?
If your score is below 100 it should be reset back to 100. And if your score is at or above 100 it should not drop below it, only if it’s by the playlist reset. Meaning a player can drop below 100 if they lose games, but not by the gamemode shuffling

_Hg2_

Feb 17, 2017
That can be fun, for bedrock and java. I like to play skywars, and it could be fun with a change.

Reactions: DarkStray

CedricFresh

Novice Member
May 15, 2020
This could work pretty well with gamemodes that don't have difficulty filling up their queues, like skywars and eggwars. I don't really enjoy the idea of rounded leaderboards, though, as since top 5% is the best you could visibly get to, it gets back to the idea of community ratings.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
This could work pretty well with gamemodes that don't have difficulty filling up their queues, like skywars and eggwars. I don't really enjoy the idea of rounded leaderboards, though, as since top 5% is the best you could visibly get to, it gets back to the idea of community ratings.
As it would’ve been a ranked gamemode I wouldn’t want to see people saying “I am top 1% I am better than you” or a “I am too 1% I’m the best player” type if stuff. And what cube has been heading towards recently (the community) I’ve seen them getting more and more into drama and becoming a bit more toxic

kutik

Mar 25, 2021
very elaborated and i like the idea, although my only change would be 3 point loss for losing a round 5 for leaving too early. the rest is very nice

• Agree

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
very elaborated and i like the idea, although my only change would be 3 point loss for losing a round 5 for leaving too early. the rest is very nice
It would be a percent so, a 5% loss for being elimanted. Meaning if yoir at 100 points and you are eliminated you go down to 95. And if you left the game you’ll be at 94.
And if your at 1000
Loss -> 950
Leaving -> 940

qMelonn

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2021
Canada
This is very in-depth, holy. I really like this idea though. I've always wanted a competitive/ranked gamemode, and I'm sure less competitive people want to be able to play less competitive games as well.

Great suggestion, hopefully they take a look at this and consider it.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🧁
UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom