Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustDutch

Jun 29, 2016
Amsterdam
Hi guys,

Do you also find it irritating to have to report people to the forum? What did you think of a / report plugin? This allows you to report an player ingame! When reporting a player, additional questions can be asked. For example, what exactly did that player do?

If CubeCraft would use this plugin, would you use it?

D

Deleted member 352903

You’re the 20937415th member suggesting this, and no.
/report = lots of fake reports

Reactions: Lilleh__

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I wouldn't use it. And I'm sure CubeCraft will never implement it, because the moderators will be overloaded with false reports. 'OMG HAXER REPROTTED!!!!'.
Just report the rulebreakers on the site. This command will never be implemented.
We've had this command a few years ago, but it didn't turn out to work well. The staff members were overloaded with false reports. It takes too much time to teleport to every single potentional rulebreaker. We can't do that to our staff members.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
Hi guys,

Do you also find it irritating to have to report people to the forum? What did you think of a / report plugin? This allows you to report an player ingame! When reporting a player, additional questions can be asked. For example, what exactly did that player do?

If CubeCraft would use this plugin, would you use it?
A lot of false reports would be created by this and the staff would then have to spent more time on these reports, than doing appeals or server duties etc.

D

Deleted member 352903

Some players can not provide evidence or do not know how to do it. That's why a plugin can be useful.
With this command, people who joined today would be able to report anyone. Lots of players hackusate, and there would be lots of fake reports

RafaCP

Novice Member
Feb 20, 2018
I will always continue to support this type of suggestions. I think you could take measures such as restricting this command (the abuse of this command, as limiting it), so that false reports are not made. But I think the majority prefers to avoid that job. +1

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I will always continue to support this type of suggestions. I think you could take measures such as restricting this command (the abuse of this command, as limiting it), so that false reports are not made. But I think the majority prefers to avoid that job. +1
If you could make 2 reports a day, and 1000 players would use it it twice a day, 2000 reports would be made everyday. That's just too much, because we have a small staff team.

RafaCP

Novice Member
Feb 20, 2018
If you could make 2 reports a day, and 1000 players would use it it twice a day, 2000 reports would be made everyday. That's just too much, because we have a small staff team.
It seems that you are right, but it is not like that. Everything amounts to an effort, from my point of view, if of every 800 reports 800 are false, and the rest legal, it's worth it.
How long do you think it would take a moderator to view a user? 1 YEAR ? 1 MONTH? 1 DAY ? 1 HOUR ? It does not take more than 4 minutes, but no, unfortunately that comment is not, and we have to settle for them from time to time they meet users who break the rules on the server or who miraculously decide to spectate them. Or that (as always) respond after a "few hours" our reports (which happens very often and rarely respond in less than 1 hour, to say almost never)
EDIT :
Right now I have an open report for almost a day, it's about a couple of "Trollers", do you think they've been banned? I do not think so, and how many more times do you think they have continued doing that?
It would be more productive this command (although it would be a long waiting list) would take less, I mean that could be reported in the forum and through the command, while we wait for cases like this to be taken they will continue and continue until finally " notice them "or punish them.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
It seems that you are right, but it is not like that. Everything amounts to an effort, from my point of view, if of every 800 reports 800 are false, and the rest legal, it's worth it.
How long do you think it would take a moderator to view a user? 1 YEAR ? 1 MONTH? 1 DAY ? 1 HOUR ? It does not take more than 4 minutes
800*4=3200=5.3 hours wasted by false reports. No thank you.

RafaCP

Novice Member
Feb 20, 2018
800*4=3200=5.3 hours wasted by false reports. No thank you.
Thanks for the math, I do not like them. So it was just an example. And how much do you think it takes to respond normally to a report in the forum? Miraculously it is in less than 1 hour and often they respond in more than 3 hours, in fact right now I have a report open. The description of this you have in my previous comment, you can read it in the "Edit" part.
While that report (which almost literally takes almost an open day) is open, those users who report continue to break the rules (since sentinel does not detect trolls, teammins, etc.), that is to say, they continue bothering other games. Well as I said, most prefer not to bother and wait for users to do something for the server and report.

D

Deleted member 352903

Thanks for the math, I do not like them. So it was just an example. And how much do you think it takes to respond normally to a report in the forum? Miraculously it is in less than 1 hour and often they respond in more than 3 hours, in fact right now I have a report open. The description of this you have in my previous comment, you can read it in the "Edit" part.
While that report (which almost literally takes almost an open day) is open, those users who report continue to break the rules (since sentinel does not detect trolls, teammins, etc.), that is to say, they continue bothering other games. Well as I said, most prefer not to bother and wait for users to do something for the server and report.
Pls read this:
You’re the 20937415th member suggesting this, and no.
/report = lots of fake reports
And this:
I wouldn't use it. And I'm sure CubeCraft will never implement it, because the moderators will be overloaded with false reports. 'OMG HAXER REPROTTED!!!!'.
Just report the rulebreakers on the site. This command will never be implemented.
We've had this command a few years ago, but it didn't turn out to work well. The staff members were overloaded with false reports. It takes too much time to teleport to every single potentional rulebreaker. We can't do that to our staff members.
And this:
That is also a problem too. The more false reports created, the more people banned due to this.
A lot of people would leave too or more people asking for unbans.
which would require even more effort from the staff team that wouldn't go towards checking reports. Just accept that this suggestion won't become a thing.

So ok, let's imagine this command is implemented:
-New players, tryhards and toxic players will make LOTS of fake reports
-The staff will have like 5000 new fake reports every day, which is a lot

Ok so we don't want fake reports. Let's ban all the players that make fake reports:
which would require even more effort from the staff team that wouldn't go towards checking reports. Just accept that this suggestion won't become a thing.
Ban players that make fake reports = 1000 bans every day
Just no

Also, using /report to report a player camping means that the staff member has to see him camping. And that's difficult, because the camper might have stopped camping which is a waste of time for the staff
Just wait the staff to look at your reports

RafaCP

Novice Member
Feb 20, 2018
Pls read this:

And this:

And this:

So ok, let's imagine this command is implemented:
-New players, tryhards and toxic players will make LOTS of fake reports
-The staff will have like 5000 new fake reports every day, which is a lot

Ok so we don't want fake reports. Let's ban all the players that make fake reports:

Also, using /report to report a player camping means that the staff member has to see him camping. And that's difficult, because the camper might have stopped camping which is a waste of time for the staff
Just wait the staff to look at your reports
If I know, but remember that the moderators have a command that is: "/ v" allows them to be invisible, enter a game without being seen. And I already argue about the false reports,
but I will do it again, you could limit the use of this command, when a user fails after 15 false consecutive reports, this command is suspended for 1 week (or something like that, it is an EXAMPLE), there are several ways in which we could avoid this type situations, obviously not at all, because there are also those who are wrong and have the intention to help.
But I have already mentioned the disadvantages of the current reporting system, it practically does not work very well, they take a long time to respond and while they do it, these users keep breaking the rules and mocking those who report them, it is very uncomfortable.

D

Deleted member 352903

If I know, but remember that the moderators have a command that is: "/ v" allows them to be invisible, enter a game without being seen. And I already argue about the false reports,
but I will do it again, you could limit the use of this command, when a user fails after 15 false consecutive reports, this command is suspended for 1 week (or something like that, it is an EXAMPLE), there are several ways in which we could avoid this type situations, obviously not at all, because there are also those who are wrong and have the intention to help.
But I have already mentioned the disadvantages of the current reporting system, it practically does not work very well, they take a long time to respond and while they do it, these users keep breaking the rules and mocking those who report them, it is very uncomfortable.
Ok that's a good point, but
using /report to report a player camping means that the staff member has to see him camping. And that's difficult, because the camper might have stopped camping which is a waste of time for the staff
A report with this command might take 10 minutes to be solved, because the rule breaker can be afk / have stopped breaking the rules.
Another problem: what if there are 2 players teaming in Rainbow map and all the other 22 players report them? Another waste of time
Im my opinion, you should just wait for your report to be solved. A staff member will take a look at it, and 1 day isn't that long. With a /report command,:
-Your report could take more than 3 days to be solved (doesn't matter if a player reports 15 people per day, there are more than 4000 players)
-Your report could be denied because the rule breaker might have logged out
Just record the rule breaker and report them at the reports site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom