Status
Not open for further replies.

inlovewithx

Feb 22, 2024
Russian Federation
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello there.
I've made 3 reports for now and two of them were closed as "Already punished" (by Sentinel).
I suggest to consider such reports as successful if they would have been approved if the staff team would have reviewed them before Sentinel bans the player.
I suggest so because player who made the report spent some time to cut the video, then to upload it to youtube and then to make a report.
I suppose it's unfair to consider such reports as unsuccessful because of the time player spent.
What's the point of applying reports about cheating if Sentinel is such a charming invention that bans player before staff team reviews the report? And if such reports will be considered as successful there's will be a point.
What do you think?

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
As charming as Sentinel can be, it can also do some false bans. We cannot entirely depend on it to ban cheaters since a lot of them nowadays can easily bypass it. It is fair that a player took their time to create a report but remember that we also have other offenses that you can look out for other than cheating. I do not think this would be a good idea overall, including the fact that if multiple people reported the same user & that user was punished, all of them will receive the "Already punished" tag and counting it as successful forums reports towards their requirements. Remember that the reporting guidelines do not want anyone re-using evidence & submitting evidence that does not belong to the reporter, to achieve a double punishment & this can be a loophole for those who want to apply for helper and are not getting the 10 successful reports as they will just submit different POVs of the same users - making it count as successful reports towards their requirements.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I personally believe that they shouldn't. Yeah, it may be frustrating to have reports get marked as Already Punished if you're set on applying for helper, but it shows that you're not willing to put in the effort and time to make more reports after a minor setback.

Additionally, cheating isn't the only offense you are able to report rulebreakers for. Threatening, inappropriate language and impersonation are examples of chat offenses and teaming is another example of physical offenses that also require video evidence like cheating. Reports in these categories usually have a way higher acceptance rate. I'd personally argue that the 10 report requirement is too lenient and it should be raised.

I'd also like to mention that while the minimum requirement to not get an instant denial on your application may be 10 reports, it doesn't mean that once you do reach that amount of reports you will instantly get accepted. You're expected to continue your hard work even after applying.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
I suggest to consider such reports as successful if they would have been approved if the staff team would have reviewed them before Sentinel bans the player.
I can see many ways how that can be abused by just reporting the same players over and over again with different clips or POVS or whatever. Its a terrible idea.

Lyriie

Sr. Mod
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
Just to add a little something from a recruiter's perspective - the main reason why we don't count "already punished" reports towards the helper requirements is because moderators usually don't review the evidence in cases where the player has already been punished. This may seem unfair if you have spent a long time uploading your video, but it just makes the process of handling reports so much quicker, because if the player is already punished then the evidence is not really going to make a difference especially if it's a video that would take several minutes to watch.

When it comes to a helper application we don't just check that you know how to make reports, but also that you are familiar with all of our rules as well as our reporting requirements. Therefore, when a report has the accepted tag, we know right away that the evidence provided was valid and met all of our requirements, whereas we don't know if that's the case in "already punished" reports. This is also why, as others have said above, a variety in different reported offences such as cheating, teaming, swearing etc. is good to see and will boost your application.

inlovewithx

Feb 22, 2024
Russian Federation
Pronouns
He/Him
Just to add a little something from a recruiter's perspective - the main reason why we don't count "already punished" reports towards the helper requirements is because moderators usually don't review the evidence in cases where the player has already been punished.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Consider my topic is closed

Reactions: Lyriie
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #47-
There are approximately 6,500 languages in the world (not counting the ancient languages, only the languages that are used recently)!
Mintypie231 wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!
good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
Top Bottom