Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamillo_N

Jun 27, 2016
Hi! Like almost everyone, I cannot play any game without atleast one hacker. So I am comming with suggestion now.
My suggestion is to make new command, which would work like new channel in chat.
When you would write /reportchannel [your report here] , some mod could just teleport to that player, also, mods and other stuff would see this chat all the time, so they can see reports.

Have a good day!

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
And how do you propose that this will work? Are you aware that there is less than 30/40 staff members?
Even at quiet periods for the server i.e 5000 players that would mean a hell of a lot of requests for staff to tp to come check out a potential rule breaker.
A good idea for smaller servers or servers that don't have many hackers but wouldn't work here. Unfortunately if you can't record someone then you'll just have to "ride the storm" and hope an ac gets developed.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
This feature has already existed in the form of /report, but was removed because of abuse of from players who were not using the feature properly, also that a large majority of the reports were coming from server games such as Lucky Islands, Skywars etc where staff members cannot actually join the game to punish the offender.

Reactions: Yamin

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
And how do you propose that this will work? Are you aware that there is less than 30/40 staff members?
Even at quiet periods for the server i.e 5000 players that would mean a hell of a lot of requests for staff to tp to come check out a potential rule breaker.

This feature has already existed in the form of /report, but was removed because of abuse of from players who were not using the feature properly, also that a large majority of the reports were coming from server games such as Lucky Islands, Skywars etc where staff members cannot actually join the game to punish the offender.

Staff can only join ffa and assassins to spectate players. Other games are not possible to join for us.
Therefore I would like you to record and report the rule breakers --> reports.cubecraft.net

Reactions: Yamin and Story

CaptainStarkie

Jun 9, 2016
Somewhere Now
/report will not be so accurate. Some people might spam it or even use it falsely. staff won't be able to handle too many reports in one go. Just stick with the current report method. Imo it's the best one for now.
/report is good for survival style server. Often used to check grief area. Not very accurate for a pvp server.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
There was a command in the past which was /report which has been removed, because it was abused by players. And for the thousandth time, the Anti-Cheat is working on by our Devs. Mods can't tp to other players in-game, Admins can tp (if I'm right, if I'm wrong, sorry) to other players in-game. So no I don't agree with this idea, if you see a hacker or any rule breaker report them here. I you don't have an account on the report site or if you don't know which evidence you need to have to report a rule breaker, read this thread and this thread please. These threads will tell you exactly how you create an account or the evidence you need for each rule breaker. Thank you!

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2017
Well you opeened my eyes and i just thought of a other idea Report channel on teamspeak...
Talk to a staff instead for fast access and no one could abuse in that way i guess...

TomZye

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
The Netherlands
I think it would me more wisely to make an anti-cheat, which they are busy on making. Using /report or /reportchannel is going to have a lot of abuse on it, like other people already said. Also when the CubeCraft team gets 1000 /reportchannel 's on one day it's going to be a hell lot of work to look at all of them, while some of them are fake.

Reactions: CaptainStarkie

CaptainStarkie

Jun 9, 2016
Somewhere Now
Well you opeened my eyes and i just thought of a other idea Report channel on teamspeak...
Talk to a staff instead for fast access and no one could abuse in that way i guess...
Again.. there will be a lot of reports coming in if they apply this to (example) teamspeak. Even tho if they allow Mod to teleport to players it will not be easy to handle more than 1 report in the same hour, minute, and second. So let's say 10 players are reporting in the exact same time and there's only 1 staff available. It will not be easy to teleport to player sit there to get 100% confirmation if the player is doing something against the rules (in this case hacking), and then teleport to the 2nd player and so on. There won't be much time for that. And on the other side, player might rage if a staff didn't respond to their /report on time.

Just my thoughts, cheers o/

CaptainStarkie

Jun 9, 2016
Somewhere Now
I think it would me more wisely to make an anti-cheat, which they are busy on making. Using /report or /reportchannel is going to have a lot of abuse on it, like other people already said. Also when the CubeCraft team gets 1000 /reportchannel 's on one day it's going to be a hell lot of work to look at all of them, while some of them are fake.
Totally agree on this one.

Reactions: TomZye

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
this would be very hard on staff not only with all the regular reports but all the fake reports staff would not be able to handel that kind of pressure and make staff feel over wellemed
so in short I don't support this

Jan 25, 2017
Hi! Like almost everyone, I cannot play any game without atleast one hacker. So I am comming with suggestion now.
My suggestion is to make new command, which would work like new channel in chat.
When you would write /reportchannel [your report here] , some mod could just teleport to that player, also, mods and other stuff would see this chat all the time, so they can see reports.

Have a good day!
Well, players will go and spam that command, and some people will make bad use of it.

N

Nikboo

Hello.

First off, I'm sorry that you encounter many hackers on Cubecraft. The current staff members are doing their best to ban hackers and we are continuously expanding the team. If you wish to help clear the hackers from Cubecraft, then you can apply for staff at https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/staff-applications.54/

We are also constantly looking through reports that users make and ban the hackers. If you see a hacker in a game, then please report them at http://reports.cubecraft.net

An anti-cheat is also being created. Once it is released, it will decrease the ammount of hackers on the server.

Secondly, to do with your suggestion. This was a feature in the past however it was removed for the following reasons:

1) The command was abused severely
2) Players spammed the /report command
3) Staff are unable to join games in progress except from Assassins and FFA
4) We don't have enough staff members to be able to deal with every single report that is made in-game.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely that this command will return in the near future. Thank you for the suggestion nevertheless.

If you have any more questions or concerns then feel free to address them to me via PM.

Thanks,
Locked.

Reactions: Jeff_Bllkth
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom