Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

AnolTongi

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 18, 2020
Turkey
Hello y'all! I played a couple games of Bedwars and checked it out. Honestly? It's quite fun! However in my opinion there should be some changes. I know the game is in Beta for a reason xD therefore I'm simply just going to suggest a few points that can be improved.
We talked this on Zed's stream with @privqted, honestly the game just ending with a tie is not fun. I would suggest to, when the timer ends, remove all beds and force a border into the game, so people can make their way to the middle and fight.

I believe Rubik was thinking about making everyone teleport to the middle (or Zed idk who said it in the stream) then make them fight. Sure, this sounds good and all but in my opinion this might be a bit too sudden, hence the border idea.

Another point was made during the convo, if players get teleported, all beds get destroyed however players with a bed existing before the teleportation would have another life. I personally dislike this because you don't spawn with any items, which does sound fair but I think just one life would be better instead of dying twice. What privqted suggested in that moment seemed better, for me at least. He said that all beds should get destroyed, and if the tp'ing to the middle happens, everyone has one life and possibly just 2 extra hearts. Which is a better approach than 2 lives in my opinion.

I still stand by the border idea since it would give players just a bit more time to possibly buy items and upgrade gear. But honestly? Everything else is pretty fun, I like it! My opinions might change since this is kinda a first impression but we'll see :)

What do you guys think? Do you like the gamemode so far? What do you think should be changed? Let me know :D

MystLgnd

Novice Member
Oct 6, 2020
Universe
Hello,

Bedwars seems promising ; however, several things seems off.

First the good things : love the ideas for items, it's neat. Also, endermen and skeletons are so cute and helpful ! Maps are reasonable size for the game itself (although one of them appeared a bit too big).

Now onto the ones to think about. Some items in the shop are quite expensive compared to the pace of the game itself ; not everything go smoothly with time. The blastball is so OP. Very cheap to buy, you can literally spam it, blast everything and eject anyone wanted : for only 5 gold, it's extremely powerful. There should be a little cooldown, and should be 10 gold rather than 5.

Your border idea is understandable, but it looks like something belonging more to Skywars to avoid camping, where pvp is set in a simple context ; for Bedwars, it's all about strategic positions. One thing to fix the tie issue is to make everyone lose if the timer runs out, unless there is a fight going on ; forcing them to fight until too late. With a compass item in the shop to know where remaining players are, it would become intense.

This is, of course, my opinion about the game 💜

Reactions: AnolTongi

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello y'all! I played a couple games of Bedwars and checked it out. Honestly? It's quite fun! However in my opinion there should be some changes. I know the game is in Beta for a reason xD therefore I'm simply just going to suggest a few points that can be improved.
We talked this on Zed's stream with @privqted, honestly the game just ending with a tie is not fun. I would suggest to, when the timer ends, remove all beds and force a border into the game, so people can make their way to the middle and fight.

I believe Rubik was thinking about making everyone teleport to the middle (or Zed idk who said it in the stream) then make them fight. Sure, this sounds good and all but in my opinion this might be a bit too sudden, hence the border idea.

Another point was made during the convo, if players get teleported, all beds get destroyed however players with a bed existing before the teleportation would have another life. I personally dislike this because you don't spawn with any items, which does sound fair but I think just one life would be better instead of dying twice. What privqted suggested in that moment seemed better, for me at least. He said that all beds should get destroyed, and if the tp'ing to the middle happens, everyone has one life and possibly just 2 extra hearts. Which is a better approach than 2 lives in my opinion.

I still stand by the border idea since it would give players just a bit more time to possibly buy items and upgrade gear. But honestly? Everything else is pretty fun, I like it! My opinions might change since this is kinda a first impression but we'll see :)

What do you guys think? Do you like the gamemode so far? What do you think should be changed? Let me know :D
Here i see a point of view

AnolTongi

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 18, 2020
Turkey
Your border idea is understandable, but it looks like something belonging more to Skywars to avoid camping, where pvp is set in a simple context ; for Bedwars, it's all about strategic positions. One thing to fix the tie issue is to make everyone lose if the timer runs out, unless there is a fight going on ; forcing them to fight until too late. With a compass item in the shop to know where remaining players are, it would become intense.
Your point is understandable, however I still do not agree completely with it.
The point of the timer is to limit the game from going on forever like some EggWars games do. And it just making everyone lose is not rewarding, I wouldn't want to play that game a lot if that was the case. That's why I mainly suggested just one team winning, that way it would be much more rewarding. One last battle, whoever is better at managing their resources, upgrades and most importantly PvP, wins. That was my point of view, but we shall hear more feedback since it is relatively new.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I would love to see some new blocks added to Bedwars, especially ones which are harder to break. Currently to hardest block in Bedwars is terracotta. Which is extremely easy to mine, with it having a hardness of 1.25. I think a block should be added that needs a pickaxe to mine it and it should have a hardness of 2. There's only a few blocks like that, specifically cobblestone, smooth stone, bone blocks, bricks and polished blackstone. I'd say either bricks or blackstone should be added for 10 gold for 4. So it's expensive, but worth it.

• Agree

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I think what Rubik said on stream was that what's the point on defending your bed at all if it just gets destroyed after 17 minutes anyway, I would agree. I understand that point of view, I'm not sure what the best solution is but I just wanted to put that in there in case it wasn't said previously. All solutions thus far mean that defending your bed early game makes no difference to the end game, should this be the case? I don't know.

I would love to see some new blocks added to Bedwars, especially ones which are harder to break. Currently to hardest block in Bedwars is terracotta. Which is extremely easy to mine, with it having a hardness of 1.25. I think a block should be added that needs a pickaxe to mine it and it should have a hardness of 2. There's only a few blocks like that, specifically cobblestone, smooth stone, bone blocks, bricks and polished blackstone. I'd say either bricks or blackstone should be added for 10 gold for 4. So it's expensive, but worth it.

I notice that breaking beds is very easy in Bedwars too, but isn't the game a fast-pased game as it is. It only lasts 17 minutes so shouldn't it be easy to break teams' beds?

AnolTongi

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 18, 2020
Turkey
I think what Rubik said on stream was that what's the point on defending your bed at all if it just gets destroyed after 17 minutes anyway, I would agree. I understand that point of view, I'm not sure what the best solution is but I just wanted to put that in there in case it wasn't said previously. All solutions thus far mean that defending your bed early game makes no difference to the end game, should this be the case? I don't know.
I also heard this, and yeah, he's right, that does make sense. But I heard this from Redned I believe, not sure, they wanted to implement a timer to the game since some people disliked how eggwars games can go on for like an hour or two. Simply removing the timer will fix the issue I mentioned however I do not think it'll be that way since they want to prevent games from going on for like an hour or so. Honestly I'm not sure what else could be done except a tie in this scenario if the beds did not break, which is not optimal in my opinion, but if you guys have any ideas, feel free to send em' over.

Reactions: Matriox
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
Top Bottom