Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Change it to make mid camping less common

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Not gonna work. One person generally gets the emerald and upper gen while one gets the lower gen. Also, when you get back the mid camper will likely have full diamond so yeah you're pretty much screwed unless you mid camp yourself. And entering the 2nd time will be complete hell.
I would recommend flanking to their personal island. If they so much as see you bridging in its general direction, they'll likely re-position, allowing your team mates to push towards middle.

Reactions: PressLaunchMike

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I would recommend flanking to their personal island. If they so much as see you bridging in its general direction, they'll likely re-position, allowing your team mates to push towards middle.
Also not gonna work. Mid campers do not give a crap about their egg and splitting up is the absolute worst thing to do against mid campers.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
Tamatoa's lair . Bigger islands , coral reef , decorations , fish , water inside seashell shaped islands ,
The middle has tamatoa from moana , covered in gold .

Cover the enitire map in a dome , nobody can camp on the dome if you stray behind your own island you die suddenly ive tried it

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
I like and hate the map at the same time. It depends of the players who play on that map to make it a map for campers, in my case that has never happened to me so...

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Look at my video. We didn't even put the effort into placing 1 layer pf sandstone around the egg, and even when we had plenty of obsidian,we did nothing.
That's how little mid campers care about their egg.
You know what the best thing to do is?
Get 5 diamonds, Run Home, Your Golden.
Like Srrs
Its not that bad.
then what? They still have around 5x more gear than you.
You say that There are mid campers. You was midcamping for making a Good thread. I have more than 50 times played this map and There was anyone midcamping. You made an example of midcamping, But have you ever seen anyone midcamping on this map?
Ima make a video compilation. about just that.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
You know, none of you people scurried when they added the emerald generator to this map and broke it even further, but as soon as we want to change it to help break up this problem, you people are like "It's a classic". Stop.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
You know, none of you people scurried when they added the emerald generator to this map and broke it even further, but as soon as we want to change it to help break up this problem, you people are like "It's a classic". Stop.
I had a similar frustration a looooong time ago in SCB, and Efcluke94 was boss enough to simply add / remove a few parts of the map. Those minor changes he made completely changed the gamemode for me, especially the 'Music' map. Perhaps a Builder could do the same for this map, to make it more playable rather than to flat-out remove it. Anything you'd recommend be done to the map to counteract campers? (i.e. putting diamond generators on the jellyfish ^-^)

This way, everybody wins. I get to keep my cute little jellyfish, players don't have to depart with a beloved map, and you can play the game without spending six hours waiting for the campers to make a move c:

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I had a similar frustration a looooong time ago in SCB, and Efcluke94 was boss enough to simply add / remove a few parts of the map. Those minor changes he made completely changed the gamemode for me, especially the 'Music' map. Perhaps a Builder could do the same for this map, to make it more playable rather than to flat-out remove it. Anything you'd recommend be done to the map to counteract campers? (i.e. putting diamond generators on the jellyfish ^-^)

This way, everybody wins. I get to keep my cute little jellyfish, players don't have to depart with a beloved map, and you can play the game without spending six hours waiting for the campers to make a move c:
1. Reconsider the emerald generator
2. Move the islands closer together
3. Generators on the jellyfishes to make them some kind of sub-mid.

PressLaunchMike

Novice Member
May 30, 2017
London
I am neutral about this whole suggestion. I myself encountered mid campers like once or twice but didn't have much issue with them. I like the map itself and the cute jellyfish on them <3. Though the changes such as:
-enlarging the map
-making the cute jellyfish a sub mid ;)
-making the gold gen at starting island level 1
Would be nice. :)

Kind regards,
PressLaunchMike.

DenisNotDanish

Novice Member
Feb 21, 2017
www.youtube.com
OMG, i hate you, not literally. How could you dislike this map, it's amazing. It's a traditional long map, how eggwars is supposed to be. If you don't like the map don't play it, that's the only piece of advice and suggestion I can give you.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
This is pretty self explanatory, it's fine to have some variation in terms of distances between islands but this map is plain out ridiculous. The maximum distance between islands should be 50 in my opinion. You'll see another reason why this should be in another suggestion soon.
Yet maps like Aztec are okay
Level 2 gold gen on home island is a big no no. On OP, you can't even eliminate the first island before they get obsidian. This makes rushing heavily discouraged.
So fairground?
Pretty sure I don't have to explain this one. Anyone that has played this map knows what I'm talking about. You can't even PvP here and bowspam is heavily encouraged.
just like minions
I'm pretty sure this map is pretty unpopular, and most people that don't like it think it's by far the worst eggwars map (me included in that).

And what does this all culminate in? You guessed it!
that makes me think of this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-maps-give-us-feedback.132419/
Reason 5: MID CAMPERS
any map much different?

I personally think that there are a bunch of maps that share the same quality thus I think it is safe to say that this is a fairly average map

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
bahahahahhahahaha what exactly in the new update makes mid camping suddenly vanish? This is plain stupid.
Yet maps like Aztec are okay

So fairground?

just like minions

that makes me think of this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-maps-give-us-feedback.132419/

any map much different?

I personally think that there are a bunch of maps that share the same quality thus I think it is safe to say that this is a fairly average map
Aztec is 47. That's fine.

Minions is way too quick, it's hard to get a bow before the match ends.

THis map is hyper- mid camp zone. 70-80% of games I play here have mid campers.

ElementalFox Gaming

Jul 31, 2016
I don't mind the under the sea map.. Not at all honestly. It's a fun map and works well when you the one in the middle lol. If you don't like bowspammers then potition for bows to be removed but don't hate on the map.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Aztec is 47. That's fine.
between islands (other than mid) no but including mid yes
THis map is hyper- mid camp zone. 70-80% of games I play here have mid campers.
I really don't see the difference it is mid camping that may seem very black and white to you but this is really all I can honestly tell you that in longer games the same thing happens on every map
Minions is way too quick, it's hard to get a bow before the match ends.
trust me that isn't what I find as the worst part about minions
bahahahahhahahaha what exactly in the new update makes mid camping suddenly vanish? This is plain stupid.
maybe an anti-camp or something like that?

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Enderpearls in normal
Will. Not Work. For. Damn. Sake. You. Can't. Get. Diamonds. Against. Freaking. Mid. Campers.

You have to build a 90 block bridge in leather armor vs. a barrage of tnt cannons and power bows. Please make a video showing how to do this.

I don't mind the under the sea map.. Not at all honestly. It's a fun map and works well when you the one in the middle lol. If you don't like bowspammers then potition for bows to be removed but don't hate on the map.
We're not going to remove bows for one map to be fixed. That's just plain stupid.

And once again, people aren't denying that the only way to stop mid camping is to do it yourself. So it's clearly a problem.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thunder wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday!
Thunder wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom