• Total voters

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Title explains the suggestion perfectly, let's get right into it.

Here's the reasons it should be removed:

Reason 1: Obnoxious Distance Between Islands

This is pretty self explanatory, it's fine to have some variation in terms of distances between islands but this map is plain out ridiculous. The maximum distance between islands should be 50 in my opinion. You'll see another reason why this should be in another suggestion soon.

Reason 2: Obsidian

Level 2 gold gen on home island is a big no no. On OP, you can't even eliminate the first island before they get obsidian. This makes rushing heavily discouraged.

Reason 3: Horrible Middle Shape

Pretty sure I don't have to explain this one. Anyone that has played this map knows what I'm talking about. You can't even PvP here and bowspam is heavily encouraged.

Reason 4: General Unpopularity

I'm pretty sure this map is pretty unpopular, and most people that don't like it think it's by far the worst eggwars map (me included in that).

And what does this all culminate in? You guessed it!

Reason 5: MID CAMPERS
I'm sure everyone reading this thread saw this coming.

On normal maps, I encounter mid campers in roughly 0.5-1% of games. This is probably why many people say it isn't a problem. On this map, this figure is closer to 80%. Nobody, even the people that say it's generally not too much of an issue, is denying this. Even @xRoguex says this map is mid camper heaven. Want proof? Watch this: Credits to @KronosReeper for the video

Continuing on with this. I'm expecting one of you to say that since ender pearls are being added in the next update, get rid of the emerald generator and place it over on a map with submids. This could work, but I'm skeptical since the map's setup still is perfect for mid camping regardless. Kingdom and Instruments would also likely take over as the best maps to mid camp on, with Camperdasea only a little behind, creating an endless loop.

So yeah, make sure to comment below.

And I also wanted to add one more thing. So many people say this is the one map that truly is broken toward mid campers. The emerald generator plays a substantial part in this. Please, staff, keep this in mind before adding emerald generators to other maps. It's not that broken in maps with sub-mids, especially ones without diamond gens at the center island, but they should under no circumstances be added to any maps without sub-mids that have diamond generators on them. It will completely ruin them.

I love how people are trying to ruin all the classic maps.
JUST LEAVE IT AND STOP COMPLAINING!!!
THEY ARE FINE THE WAY THEY ARE!!!

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Title explains the suggestion perfectly, let's get right into it.

Here's the reasons it should be removed:

Reason 1: Obnoxious Distance Between Islands

This is pretty self explanatory, it's fine to have some variation in terms of distances between islands but this map is plain out ridiculous. The maximum distance between islands should be 50 in my opinion. You'll see another reason why this should be in another suggestion soon.

Reason 2: Obsidian

Level 2 gold gen on home island is a big no no. On OP, you can't even eliminate the first island before they get obsidian. This makes rushing heavily discouraged.

Reason 3: Horrible Middle Shape

Pretty sure I don't have to explain this one. Anyone that has played this map knows what I'm talking about. You can't even PvP here and bowspam is heavily encouraged.

Reason 4: General Unpopularity

I'm pretty sure this map is pretty unpopular, and most people that don't like it think it's by far the worst eggwars map (me included in that).

And what does this all culminate in? You guessed it!

Reason 5: MID CAMPERS
I'm sure everyone reading this thread saw this coming.

On normal maps, I encounter mid campers in roughly 0.5-1% of games. This is probably why many people say it isn't a problem. On this map, this figure is closer to 80%. Nobody, even the people that say it's generally not too much of an issue, is denying this. Even @xRoguex says this map is mid camper heaven. Want proof? Watch this: Credits to @KronosReeper for the video

Continuing on with this. I'm expecting one of you to say that since ender pearls are being added in the next update, get rid of the emerald generator and place it over on a map with submids. This could work, but I'm skeptical since the map's setup still is perfect for mid camping regardless. Kingdom and Instruments would also likely take over as the best maps to mid camp on, with Camperdasea only a little behind, creating an endless loop.

So yeah, make sure to comment below.

And I also wanted to add one more thing. So many people say this is the one map that truly is broken toward mid campers. The emerald generator plays a substantial part in this. Please, staff, keep this in mind before adding emerald generators to other maps. It's not that broken in maps with sub-mids, especially ones without diamond gens at the center island, but they should under no circumstances be added to any maps without sub-mids that have diamond generators on them. It will completely ruin them.

Try so stratigies
The map is not bad compaired to some other faliures

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Try so stratigies
The map is not bad compaired to some other faliures
Like what? You even said "Other failures" SHOWING you think this map is bad.
I love how people are trying to ruin all the classic maps.
JUST LEAVE IT AND STOP COMPLAINING!!!
THEY ARE FINE THE WAY THEY ARE!!!
I thought about that too, just because it's one of the original 5 doesn't mean it's fine as it is.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Like what? You even said "Other failures" SHOWING you think this map is bad.

I thought about that too, just because it's one of the original 5 doesn't mean it's fine as it is.

1- Your twisting my words around, I said OTHER FAILIURES! (Like In maps)
2- Reguarless if its the original 5, its fine and its a classic from gameplay. Its the closest thing we got to area-51

N

Nikboo

I completely agree with this. The games are long and annoying in my perspective. However, you must note that some people actually like the long and campy type games and that not all maps should be rush-style fast pased.

It would probably be best if a poll was created on the forums asking for opinions on the "Under Da Sea" map and if we should change it or not.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I completely agree with this. The games are long and annoying in my perspective. However, you must note that some people actually like the long and campy type games and that not all maps should be rush-style fast pased.

It would probably be best if a poll was created on the forums asking for opinions on the "Under Da Sea" map and if we should change it or not.
I mean there is a poll at the top. I'm not saying that that's a bad thing to like long games, but mid camping is unbeatable and this map has massive problems with it. Teaparty and mushrooms are probably better.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I dislike playing the map, but I don't want it changed or removed. A lot of people enjoy playing on this map and it's a real classic. If you really don't like it you can always play another map I guess?
It is sure, but why would you keep a server running and waste money for a map with massive issues?

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Why I don't want it removed:
Reason 1:
-Mid camping is definitely OP there. And everyone knows I love mid camping.

Reason 2:
-It's the only maps with an extreme good eggspot. You can basically hide it under 50 layers of sandstone 25 layers of glass and 4 layers of Obsidian. And even then fill it with Cake.

Some good solutions:

- Double the size of mid. This will definitely discourage midcamping as it will become way harder to keep control over it.

- Turn the gold gen on Spawning islands to level 1.

- Decrease the distance between the Spawning Islands and mid by much.
This will make rushing easier.

- Add E-Pearls to normal. Pretty much fixes any camping problems.

UnderDaSea and Tea Party are both one of my favorite maps and I definitely don't want them removed.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
You know what the best thing to do is?
Get 5 diamonds, Run Home, Your Golden.
Like Srrs
Its not that bad.
Not. Going. To. Freaking. Work.

The mid campers will get there first with almost no exceptions and the HORRIBLE mid will not allow you to escape.

And by the way, good luck building the 90 block bridge back to them. There's no way you can do it.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Not. Going. To. Freaking. Work.

The mid campers will get there first with almost no exceptions and the HORRIBLE mid will not allow you to escape.

And by the way, good luck building the 90 block bridge back to them. There's no way you can do it.

I can make it, its a matter of team-work and efficiency
There are 2 diamond gens near eachother
Quick Scoop
While your teammates fight them off

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I can make it, its a matter of team-work and efficiency
There are 2 diamond gens near eachother
Quick Scoop
While your teammates fight them off
Not gonna work. One person generally gets the emerald and upper gen while one gets the lower gen. Also, when you get back the mid camper will likely have full diamond so yeah you're pretty much screwed unless you mid camp yourself. And entering the 2nd time will be complete hell.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pluisje wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
❤️❤️❤️
Pluisje wrote on Frontlane's profile.
pro helper??!?!?!
Pluisje wrote on caraMel's profile.
I really like cheese, do you?
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #52-
The minecraft music disc 11 lasts for 1 minute, 11 seconds and 111 milliseconds!
It was hard writing this on a tv (yes, I sometimes write facts on a tv lol).
Top Bottom