Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Remove map selection in competitive parkour?

• Yes

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • No (Share your reasoning)

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Title says it all. People are selecting the quickest & easiest maps to win games quickly (such as Leiloonii w/ pinball. Every game I randomly select is with them in Pinball.), and selecting the maps you're good at doesn't make sense for a competitive game. Especially since it's for the leader board position.
I honestly think competitive gamemodes shouldn't allow you to pick a set easiest gamemode every single time.

Edit: Forgot to make poll votes public, could someone change that if possible?

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
I get the point, but I don't mind.
Should they do it then leaving a game should count as a loss (idk if that already a thing).

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
I get the point, but I don't mind.
Should they do it then leaving a game should count as a loss (idk if that already a thing).
Leaving a game counts as a ‘loss’ (+1 game played) for both players,
that’s actually pretty unfair because the remaining player doesn’t get a win in his/her statics...
This really should be updated soon...

Apr 28, 2018
I like being able to pick specific maps so I can improve on them in a competitive manner and then become better at that map.

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
At PvP we are able to select kits too right? They can “farm” wins too. So why should they remove it by parkour and keep it at PvP? You can farm easy kits at PvP too, and if you really want to just play for fun. And maby you like a map. You aren’t able.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
At PvP we are able to select kits too right? They can “farm” wins too. So why should they remove it by parkour and keep it at PvP? You can farm easy kits at PvP too, and if you really want to just play for fun. And maby you like a map. You aren’t able.
And? Duels will always be different maps, different players, different difficulty, etc.
Any duel you do will likely not end up the same way if you do another duel.
In parkour however, you get to pick the same map, with the same obstacles, with no direct interference from other players. AKA basically an exact replica of the game you did before. The only difference here is that some players might end up winning before you do, which isn't really influenced by how well you do.
tl;dr: Every duel match you do is different. Every parkour game you do on a map is the same.

Reactions: Josher

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Why in other games and not in parkour?
Title says it all. People are selecting the quickest & easiest maps to win games quickly (such as Leiloonii w/ pinball. Every game I randomly select is with them in Pinball.), and selecting the maps you're good at doesn't make sense for a competitive game. Especially since it's for the leader board position.
I honestly think competitive gamemodes shouldn't allow you to pick a set easiest gamemode every single time.

Edit: Forgot to make poll votes public, could someone change that if possible?

Reactions: Josher

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
nonono, why did we purchased a rank then?
I have to agree with Gaaabb on this one.

Pulling the "why'd we get a rank?" card, despite the fact that you bought the rank before parkour was even re-released? Really?
Anyways, this perk isn't even listed on the store site, so it's not like it's an official perk.

Why in other games and not in parkour?
Because:

And? Duels will always be different maps, different players, different difficulty, etc.
Any duel you do will likely not end up the same way if you do another duel.
In parkour however, you get to pick the same map, with the same obstacles, with no direct interference from other players. AKA basically an exact replica of the game you did before. The only difference here is that some players might end up winning before you do, which isn't really influenced by how well you do.
tl;dr: Every duel match you do is different. Every parkour game you do on a map is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom