Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, currently there is quite a big problem of Bedrock not having enough moderators

I feel a lot of bedrock players who would be excellent moderators are put of by having to go through an interview, they may not feel comfortable with this as they are of a younger age group.

I suggest that for a while there isn't a need for an interview as it may encourage people who feel uncomfortable with it to come forward and apply and it be done through chat instead. Bedrock doesn't really have enough moderators and i think this would increase the amount of good applicants who are put of by the interview

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
They specifically are looking for older and mature staff members, it's likely the reason why they can't recruit everyone who meet the requirements even for Bedrock. The interview also gives really important details to the recruitment team about the applicant. The quality in answers, honesty, clarity on age, etc. They have to be picky with helper recruitment, because they will become the face of the community and role models.

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
The interview doesn't ask any heavy questions, it's to test if you would make a good staff (im assuming anyway)
a staff's job is also to be interactive with the community. If they can't handle an interview then they would likely struggle with the community

Reactions: JokeKaedee

JokeKaedee

Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dreamland
Pronouns
She/Her
As said above, I don't see how removing the Interview for Bedrock applications would help in any way. It's a really nice way to determine whether someone's a good fit and to check how well they handle certain situations. I do get where you're coming from, but I don't think this is the right solution.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
The interview part is to make sure we’re not accepting someone lying about their age or skillsets. Trough chat it is very hard to determine if someone says who they are, yet when you’re doing an interview it’s easier to check how good their english is and if they’re capable of properly communicating. That’s why the interview stage won’t be removed.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
The interview part is to make sure we’re not accepting someone lying about their age or skillsets. Trough chat it is very hard to determine if someone says who they are, yet when you’re doing an interview it’s easier to check how good their english is and if they’re capable of properly communicating. That’s why the interview stage won’t be removed.
+ to add on, yes we don't have a lot of Bedrock moderators which is the whole point why we lowered Bedrock requirements to make them less strict :)

Reactions: KLsz and Grove

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
With all due respect, what? The interview is, in my opinion, the most important part of your application. You can say anything on a form, you can’t fake an interview, let’s say someone says they’re 23, they get interviewed and they’re voice sounds like they inhaled helium, if we skip the interview the potential of having 7 year olds as helpers is possible.

Another thing I’d like to point out, it helps determine if someone speaks English fluently and if they understand the rules of the server. I can’t go too in depth on interview questions but I can say they are highly important, we don’t just accept anyone.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
So you'd actually be accepting people with 5 reports from now on?
Not everyone as keep in mind there are more requirements (Besides punishment history, chat etc.) rather than just 5 reports but as I said the Bedrock requirements have been lowered to be less strict and hopefully allows for more potential Bedrock helper candidates to join us 😄

Snowy54

Jul 26, 2019
Shinyland 💫✨
Not everyone as keep in mind there are more requirements (Besides punishment history, chat etc.) rather than just 5 reports but as I said the Bedrock requirements have been lowered to be less strict and hopefully allows for more potential Bedrock helper candidates to join us 😄
Why can't people apply for both?

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
Hello, currently there is quite a big problem of Bedrock not having enough moderators

I feel a lot of bedrock players who would be excellent moderators are put of by having to go through an interview, they may not feel comfortable with this as they are of a younger age group.

I suggest that for a while there isn't a need for an interview as it may encourage people who feel uncomfortable with it to come forward and apply and it be done through chat instead. Bedrock doesn't really have enough moderators and i think this would increase the amount of good applicants who are put of by the interview
46 disagrees and 0 agrees. :D

• Love
Reactions: Matriox

AM71113363

Novice Member
Jun 18, 2021
Rome(Italy)
am71113363.github.io
I Agree, not to remove the interview, but to make it optional.
I mean "They" can make a test with 50(or more) questions/(diff situations), and the Player has to respond to them in English(not just YES or NO).
I mean there are Players that READ & WRITE in English without errors and maybe they don't speak English fluently.
THEN
if the test is not convincing, the mods can ask to do the interview.

Reactions: Matriox

tobioikawa

Novice Member
Jun 4, 2020
Sorry, but I feel as if the Bedrock requirements aren't strict enough. There have been groups that I have applied for that have been much tighter on questions and interviews. If anything, the minimum requirements and questions on the initial application are pretty simplistic, as you only have to write about yourself and your past experiences. Also, conducting a voice interview can filter out anyone who wouldn't be a good fit for the position. The voice interview can also help mods decide if someone is lying about their age or not. No one wants a 10-year-old to be in charge of managing whether a player receives a ban or not, organizing community events, helping others, etc.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom