• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Floriske77

Novice Member
Jun 28, 2019
Dear Cubecrafters

/rejoin just has to be a thing. I always have the problem that when I am really far into the eggwars/tower defence...etc. game my wifi reboots or my game crashes for no reason. Most of the time it's a really close fight in eggwars with my team when suddenly their or my game/wifi stops working and i'm really getting tired of that...

when you leave the game you should be transformed into a zombie or whatever creature that doesn't attack and is standing stationary. Everyone can kill you and If you are killed you lose all your stuff. like normal.Maybe add something that if they're standing for longer than (idk 10min?) stationary, they are kicked. For people that think this could be abused well, I don't know how this could be abused.

Please let know what you think about it.
I truely hope this will be a thing.

Kind Regards

Floriske77

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Under no circumstances should this ever be added to eggwars.
If people are leaving and rejoining in games this will affect the game completely due to the shopping decisions a player makes when formulating a strategy to win the game.
For example, let's say there are 2 teams left, one is a team with a safebridge to their island, all camping, but they have an egg. The other is just a single player with no egg. Now let's say that this single player crashes and you come back from mid with a stack of diamonds, of course the logical thing to do would be to buy a sharp 5, take the safebridge to the last team, break their egg and kill them all.
That is how you would do things currently, you are at peace of mind of nobody rejoining the game and tampering with your strategy.
But if /rejoin was a thing, that player who crashed could rejoin right after you buy your sharp 5, meaning you don't have a pearl to even go back to mid and you can get bowcamped by them.

The point I am trying to make is that when a player crashes, they should never be able to rejoin (in eggwars anyway) as this will ruin players' strategies. For other games, inferior games, such as tower defence or whatever it is you people play these days, I suppose you could have a /rejoin command, but NOT for eggwars.

Demotiverend

Novice Member
Mar 5, 2017
Belgium
Dear Cubecrafters

/rejoin just has to be a thing. I always have the problem that when I am really far into the eggwars/tower defence...etc. game my wifi reboots or my game crashes for no reason. Most of the time it's a really close fight in eggwars with my team when suddenly their or my game/wifi stops working and i'm really getting tired of that...

when you leave the game you should be transformed into a zombie or whatever creature that doesn't attack and is standing stationary. Everyone can kill you and If you are killed you lose all your stuff. like normal.Maybe add something that if they're standing for longer than (idk 10min?) stationary, they are kicked. For people that think this could be abused well, I don't know how this could be abused.

Kind Regards

Floriske77
I got the same problem over and over again. This really should be a 'thing'.

FiIipe

Mar 15, 2020
Portugal
I think that will not be a great idea because we could use the rejoin setting for cheating or something else.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
To all the players who say that combat logging and interference with players strategies. That's a really easy fix. If you disconnect and rejoin it will have the same effect as dying. Problem solved, maybe even making your lives better since they wasted diamonds.

I really don't think that you should be saying no because of something with such an easy fix and neglected all the players who disconnect often because of WIFI-problem, Minecraft that crashes and who know maybe even BSOD? These players will finally be able to play two entire games of Eggwars in a row.

About the zombie thing in the original suggestion, no... If you get disconnected, you die. Keep it simple!

A /rejoin option should be implemented, in my opinion, in all game where if you die in game you're not eliminated. Thus, Skywars, Luckyblock do not count. Eggwars does, but you'll only respawn if your egg is still alive. I'd say if your egg has been destroyed but a part of your team is still alive, you can still rejoin. Towerdefence, of course you can rejoin. And Minerware as well. I have stable internet and a lot of players do but some players don't and this could really help them. It's CubeCraft responsibility to help all its players!

therealq

May 15, 2020
terrible idea, people would combat log and as said previously it would interfere with peoples strategies
This is true, however CubeCraft can set an anti cheat, that will lock the game if you combat log. Or they can somehow record if you’re pressing esc<disconnect.

Mar 30, 2020
yeah but combat log isnt ideal anyway, imagine you're at a base and 3 people are running towards you so you just quit, its unfair and isnt practical

Reactions: xJew

YeaUhm

Mar 15, 2020
Mars
Dear Cubecrafters

Kind Regards

Floriske77
Hello, floriske77.

I already asked this to Camezonda a few months ago, This is what he said: ''There has always been the suggestion for a Rejoin feature to be added onto our network, and we agree that it would be an awesome and useful feature. But at this point in time and most likely far in the future, we don't believe a Rejoin feature is worth adding sadly. As the party system, it would take months to nearly a year to develop the feature as it would need to embedded into all of our games. And we also believe that there's no return on this feature being added at the moment.''

-YeaUhm

xMastermind

Novice Member
Jun 1, 2019
terrible idea, people would combat log and as said previously it would interfere with peoples strategies
Like I said, If you disconnect and rejoin you will only respawn if you had an egg. Also you will lose all your items so combat logging will not be a thing. If you rejoin while you have no egg you will just die and respawning will not be an option.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
To all the players who say that combat logging and interference with players strategies. That's a really easy fix. If you disconnect and rejoin it will have the same effect as dying. Problem solved, maybe even making your lives better since they wasted diamonds.
This still has significant repercussions. For example if there is a player in your game that is exceptional at bridge fighting and you only have enough for a bow or a set of iron, obviously you go for the bow. If they crash, you probably still go for the bow but in many cases (again, depends on the players in the game) you go for the iron gear. The bridge fighter then comes back after you've bought your iron gear, but just before you go to get their egg, they come back, rendering your decision premature and essentially useless.

In a game like eggwars where there is respawning, shopping, upgrading dead generators and eliminating, /rejoin ruins the game.

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
We really need to add this command. If it is hard to do, we can add a timer like about 00:30 - 01:00 minutes to rejoin the game.
It is really really bad when you lose your wifi connection during an important part of the game and you can not rejoin to continue :(

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Hypixel has this feature and it works just fine. As long as it has the same effect as dying there are no downsides to it. I've been in multiple games where people have either lost wifi or got kicked from the server and everyone gets annoyed cause they can't come back. +1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hoshi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday Egg!! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday 🥚
hey

if you dont find me playing cubecraft often then dont be surprised
obviously this doesnt mean that im quitting im just like drifting away since ive started to enjoy and play games other than minecraft so what im trying to say is
im not going to be as active ingame but i will be on the forumds
Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Top Bottom