Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
But then if a hacker is kicked they could come back
First the hacker needs to log in, then type the command, then load the game and only then is fully back. You can easily kill the hacker in that time. If you still consider it a problem, putting a delay on coming back would also solve it.
So for example you get kicked, but need to wait 30 seconds before rejoining.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
First the hacker needs to log in, then type the command, then load the game and only then is fully back. You can easily kill the hacker in that time. If you still consider it a problem, putting a delay on coming back would also solve it.
So for example you get kicked, but need to wait 30 seconds before rejoining.

What about egg wars and the egg prosses xD

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Of course it means something, it means combat logging won't work because you can still get killed.
You seem to think you have this all under control when it really is out loose
Also did you read that other part it isn't very hard to hide
Also if you are so set on being killed then in a lot of cases the mob will also ruin the point
Many many cases of being kicked are from something PvP related then you are kicked and you can no longer attack them but they can kill you
And putting a name tag on doesn't fix anything at all it is hard to find an AFK player in skywars alone let alone a hidden 1

Again I didn't say it isn't effected by damage but they have to be either taking fall damage or being attacked when you're hidden neither of those effect you unless another player finds you which won't be very easy

P.S. can you stop saying my opinion is wrong for absolutely every single message I post .

There is no such thing as an opinion being wrong

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Many many cases of being kicked are from something PvP related then you are kicked and you can no longer attack them but they can kill you
So just because some cases are helpless we shouldn't implement this suggestion altogether?
I think that's just stupid.
And putting a name tag on doesn't fix anything at all it is hard to find an AFK player in skywars alone let alone a hidden 1
What's the difference between an ordinary AFK player and a mob that makes it harder to find the mob?
P.S. can you stop saying my opinion is wrong for absolutely every single message I post .
I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, I'm saying your opinion doesn't make any sense to me.
There is no such thing as an opinion being wrong
My opinion says that 4+1=8

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
So just because some cases are helpless we shouldn't implement this suggestion altogether?
I think that's just stupid.
some?
Some?
SOME?
This Is At Least 25% of kicks
that isn't just SOME
What's the difference between an ordinary AFK player and a mob that makes it harder to find the mob?
Nothing
Both Are Hard To Find
I Never Said Anything About This
I Said You Can Hide And Use That To Get Disconnected Then Join Back With A 2 people online
I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, I'm saying your opinion doesn't make any sense to me.
Yeah I'm Sure
No Matter What I Post You Argue With Me
Even on something as mundane as telling someone they necroposted
My opinion says that 4+1=8
that isn't wrong
the answer to the question isn't 8 but it isn't wrong
because it is your opinion it isn't wrong because you think that is true

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
@jollow250 Why do you dislike this suggestion?
It's improving the server were it to be implemented. No more hours wasted by a stupid loss of internet connection. How can that possibly be a bad thing?
The arguments you've told me are:
"hackers can exploit it by rejoining"
and
"people can exploit it by going AFK on a hiding spot" which are both easy to fix or not a problem. Why? lemme explain

"hackers can exploit it by rejoining"
Okay, imagine the situation, bear with me ok? Good.
You are fighting a hacker, suddenly he gets kicked. Yay!
Now your argument is that they will just rejoin and therefore this suggestion is not a good suggestion, tell me otherwise if it's not.
However, have you considered that it takes quite some time before rejoining? First they need to click away the kick message, then they need to log in on cubecraft, then the lobby needs to be loaded, then they need to type /rejoin (or whatever command it will be), then the world needs to be loaded and only then can they fight back again. All this takes quite some time. Time enough to hit the replacement entity (aka "mob") of the player a lot of times, probably killing or at least heavily damaging the hacker. Now you might say: "some hackers are fast with logging in so this won't work". Again, there is an easy solution: Just add a timer. Players need to wait a minimum of x amount of time after logging in before being able to run the command. This will prevent exploitation.
The point is, the hacker will lose either way, with or without this suggestion being implemented.

Moving on to your next argument:
"people can exploit it by going AFK on a hiding spot"
I will now demonstrate why doing this would be counter-intuitive by making a comparison between an ordinary player AFKing and AFKing by logging out.

First let's look at the two main reasons people want to AFK in the first place:
-They need to go somewhere else, ususally people will stand on a generator (to have a lot of money to spend when they come back) either hidden with sneak (so people won't be able to see their nametag), protected by their teammates or both
-They want to hide because they know they lost the game but just want to piss off their opponent. This usually involves sneaking in a hard-to-find place.
I hope you agree with these two main reasons. If you think there is another reason why people do this, please tell me.
Okay, now that that's established I can now make the comparison.

Ordinary player AFKing:
-Is able to sneak and hide his nametag
-Can stand on a generator and make money
-Has to have minecraft running

Player AFKing by logging out:
-Is not able to sneak and hide his nametag
-Cannot stand on a generator and make money.
-Does not need to have minecraft running

For whichever reasons a player wants to AFK, Using the ordinary way of AFKing is more beneficial to the player, for which he is harder to find by enemies and can earn some money while being away. The only reason one might prefer AFKing by logging out is if they don't want to have minecraft running for some reason However I do not think this is an issue since it will be easier for the attacker to find the AFK player and kill him if they were to use the method of AFKing by logging out.
Point is: Players "exploiting" this command for AFKing purposes not an issue.
I hope you can now understand why I do not understand why you dislike this suggestion since it can only benefit cubecraft.
DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to "prove your opinion wrong" or anything along those lines, I'm failing in understanding why you think these opinions are correct. As you can see by the underlined parts of the spoiler, I am trying to understand you, so if you have anything to add that makes it clearer why you think your opinion is right, please do so.

I even think your opinion is necessary since you pointed out possible flaws of this suggestion, however now that we know these flaws we can improve the suggestion to make it better.

Hope you understand and have a nice day :D

Reactions: matcha

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
I dislike it because it is easy to exploit and because it is really pointless for a large majority of kicks
It's improving the server were it to be implemented. No more hours wasted by a stupid loss of internet connection. How can that possibly be a bad thing?
I wouldn't use the word improving because again easy to exploit and useless for a large majority of kicks
Internet connection isn't a very common thing hours into a game because if you have a terrible connection chances are you haven't made it all the way through the game and otherwise those can happen at any time and if there is a long time then it is more likely to happen earlier

Also want to point out this: Imagine UHC like this
Yeah that is cheap

Also I have never said anything about hackers rejoining @iCheeetah did I was then the thread creator thought of a solution which then e defeats a large point of the purpose of the original idea since the anti-cheat kicks people who aren't hacking there's your first problem and even if you allowed for people who are kicked for hacking then a mob replaces them okay but most of the kicks for hacking are midway through PvP Welp now your defenceless and practically screwed

Also my argument isn't that they can go AFK then get kicked that would make no sense what I said is players can intentionally get kicked by cutting off all internet connections while hidden
I never said anything about AFK people kicks and I have no idea where you got at from

Also just saying having a certain amount of time before you can rejoin also kinda defeats the purpose of the whole suggestion

I Would Have Posted Earlier But I Didn't Realize I Didn't Already Post It

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
I think that there are certain problems with this, however, I do see that it can be implemented.

There may need to be a way of preventing players from quitting to avoid dying. Combat tagging is one option, as can your method of spawning an npc with the person's gear there can be a good method as well. I agree with your method more, because combat tagging has a few problems. However, combat tagging has the one advantage that it is likely easier to code than spawning an npc with the same gear.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
because it is easy to exploit
How exactly?
it is really pointless for a large majority of kicks
Sentinel is really pointless for a large majority of players, does that mean its useless and we should remove it? Of course not. Same goes for this command, just because it wouldn't really help in the majority of times (according to you) does not mean we shouldn't add it.

I'd also like to point out that yes you might be killed due to the kick, but for eggwars going back but losing all your stuff is better than not being able to go back at all, so it's not that pointless.
Also want to point out this: Imagine UHC like this
Yeah that is cheap
How exactly?

Also I have never said anything about hackers rejoining @iCheeetah did I was then the thread creator thought of a solution which then e defeats a large point of the purpose of the original idea since the anti-cheat kicks people who aren't hacking there's your first problem and even if you allowed for people who are kicked for hacking then a mob replaces them okay but most of the kicks for hacking are midway through PvP Welp now your defenceless and practically screwed
I don't really get what you're saying. Using a capital letter at the beginning of a sentence and ending it with a full stop would improve it a lot, commas as well.
what I said is players can intentionally get kicked by cutting off all internet connections while hidden
As I already explained doing that is counter-intuitive. It wouldn't benefit the player doing that in any way, therefore it isn't "abuse":
"For whichever reasons a player wants to AFK, Using the ordinary way of AFKing is more beneficial to the player, for which he is harder to find by enemies and can earn some money while being away. The only reason one might prefer AFKing by logging out is if they don't want to have minecraft running for some reason However I do not think this is an issue since it will be easier for the attacker to find the AFK player and kill him if they were to use the method of AFKing by logging out."
Also just saying having a certain amount of time before you can rejoin also kinda defeats the purpose of the whole suggestion
Explain.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
I'd also like to point out that yes you might be killed due to the kick, but for eggwars going back but losing all your stuff is better than not being able to go back at all, so it's not that pointless.
why do you assume this is eggwars?
why do you assume you have an egg?
why do you assume that players are not going to exploit this
As I already explained doing that is counter-intuitive. It wouldn't benefit the player doing that in any way, therefore it isn't "abuse":
"For whichever reasons a player wants to AFK, Using the ordinary way of AFKing is more beneficial to the player, for which he is harder to find by enemies and can earn some money while being away. The only reason one might prefer AFKing by logging out is if they don't want to have minecraft running for some reason However I do not think this is an issue since it will be easier for the attacker to find the AFK player and kill him if they were to use the method of AFKing by logging out."
except it would benefit them because they are only doing it long enough so they get kicked then fix it
you are just basing it off of what you would do
How exactly?
well you leave the whole game thus you get hurt very little because mobs don't attack mobs
in a game about needing gapples to regen it is kinda unfair
then you aren't rejoining
you're just waiting
I don't really get what you're saying. Using a capital letter at the beginning of a sentence and ending it with a full stop would improve it a lot, commas as well
Is, This, Better.
Also I have never said anything about hackers rejoining @iCheeetah did. Then the thread creator thought of a solution which then defeats a large point of the purpose of the original idea since the anti-cheat kicks people who aren't hacking. There's your first problem and even if you allowed for people who are kicked for hacking then a mob replaces them okay but most of the kicks for hacking are midway through PvP. Welp now your defenceless and practically screwed,

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

After coming back home after staying in the UK for a while, CubeCraft has became unplayable for me due to the region issue which is currently known and are being fixed as we speak, so I'll not be playing the server for the next few days due to this which upsets me because this is my favorite server. I understand your pain now guys
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything soul
timinator582162 wrote on sussy_blocka's profile.
Player Rayhidst2014 was traveling about 3 times normal speed. also was floating and flying. This ruined a perfectly good four player bedwars game.
Today starts Giro d'Italia one of the biggest cycling races in the world and who do you think will win the general classification after 21 days of cycling?
Top Bottom