Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the balancing changes be reverted?

• Total voters
Sep 15, 2017
Does anyone really dislike the recent balancing?

For me it ruined the pacing of the game, the slow starting just really discourages to push on...

I pretty much quit playing TD now, wich I really dislike because TD was my favorite game in Minecraft.

Reactions: DanielSch

Ghoste

Nov 30, 2016
the computer
I wouldn't say that I would "dislike" it, but I think that some tower prices, etc could change a little, but everything else with Tower Defense I have no problem with it.

Reactions: Dart monkey

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
I don't like bringing bad news or spreading negativity, but I feel that threads like these are a waste of time. If you check threads like this one: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/request-for-the-return-of-classic-mode.195553/ then you can see that it doesn't matter how much a community liked a game's previous balance. I haven't been on Cubecraft since I looked for support for that thread, and I don't plan on getting back on. The community's real wishes are often ignored. I advise posting elsewhere because you'll likely make no real progress here.

I'm ymbmg95, Cubecraft's first Pokemon Master. I'm a player with over 28 days of in-game time on Tower Defence. Thanks for reading.

Reactions: hyena3000

FelixElGatito

Aug 18, 2017
I think it's fine ^^ with a good startegy you can do anything. I'm trying to find a new strategy to improve my game and i think i almost got it. Good Luck meow :3

Sep 10, 2016
Coool place in the 'south'
Tower defence has received a massive change I can see. I feel that I agree with many players above that you should play the update for a little bit before stating your opinion on it. Whilst I can agree with your opinion on many things. it has really changed the game type in my opinion. I feel whilst they are minor changes they have really impacted the game overall.

I feel many of the changes should be reverted back. Such as some of the EXP or COIN changes or pricing. I personally, feel that maybe when the update has had time to sink in the community will present what they think and many more suggestion threads will rise and bring new aspects and qualities to the update to change it.

:p

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
Does anyone really dislike the recent balancing?

For me it ruined the pacing of the game, the slow starting just really discourages to push on...

I pretty much quit playing TD now, wich I really dislike because TD was my favorite game in Minecraft.
I don't think that this patch ruined the game, but it did indeed hurt it a lot. For example: The poor poor zombie. It got mega-nerfed.
Pre-patch, zombies were not an issue because all you had to do to stop a rush is put down a mage tower lvl 3 and an ice tower lvl 3/4 and it will either kill all of them that come by or severely cripple them. But CC just thought that they were 2OPPLSNERF so they severely crippled the XP requirements and the armor they have. Now upgrading them is completely redundant because you could just use the XP for something infinitely more useful.

Other things that CC hasn't fixed and probably are too arrogant to ever fix:
-Archer tower is still a meme.
-The random kicking issue hasn't been fixed.
-The game's pacing was tuned down by a ton, so now it feels a lot slower.
-With the crippling of the turret tower, blazes are a nightmare. Nothing can stop that pain train. Especially with speed and healing potions.
-Poison tower and Ice tower IV do diddly squat for damage.
-The coin nerf was 100% unnecessary and just makes the game slow.
-Again, the zombie nerf was completely unnecessary.
-The coin nerf for the mobs was incredibly stupid and, again, just slows the game's pacing down.

But just as @ymbmg said, CubeCraft seems to ignore good ideas to go with whatever they want, not what the community, which keeps this server running, might I add, would wish of the game.

Oh, and for the people saying that "oh, you just need to wait so you get used to the new system" You really don't need two weeks to see the flaws in something. If you see the bad ideas in something after considering how its a bad idea, you will still think its a bad idea after 2 days or 2 years. I just think that argument is stupid. Oh, and BTW, for anybody wanting to ask me that: I had the same argument thrown at me in eggwars. I didn't like playing it alone then, I still don't like playing it alone. No amount of 'getting used to it' is going to help. Even after 1-2 years.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
I don't think that this patch ruined the game, but it did indeed hurt it a lot. For example: The poor poor zombie. It got mega-nerfed.
Pre-patch, zombies were not an issue because all you had to do to stop a rush is put down a mage tower lvl 3 and an ice tower lvl 3/4 and it will either kill all of them that come by or severely cripple them. But CC just thought that they were 2OPPLSNERF so they severely crippled the XP requirements and the armor they have. Now upgrading them is completely redundant because you could just use the XP for something infinitely more useful.

-With the crippling of the turret tower, blazes are a nightmare. Nothing can stop that pain train. Especially with speed and healing potions.
-The coin nerf for the mobs was incredibly stupid and, again, just slows the game's pacing down.

But just as @ymbmg said, CubeCraft seems to ignore good ideas to go with whatever they want, not what the community, which keeps this server running, might I add, would wish of the game.

Oh, and for the people saying that "oh, you just need to wait so you get used to the new system" You really don't need two weeks to see the flaws in something. If you see the bad ideas in something after considering how its a bad idea, you will still think its a bad idea after 2 days or 2 years. I just think that argument is stupid. Oh, and BTW, for anybody wanting to ask me that: I had the same argument thrown at me in eggwars. I didn't like playing it alone then, I still don't like playing it alone. No amount of 'getting used to it' is going to help. Even after 1-2 years.
I agree with everything you said.
They did nerf the silverfish hardcore rush though.

Dart monkey

Aug 11, 2017

I agree with everything you said. The game is getting nerfed too much.
They affected my favorite tower (archer tower). Path 2 level 2 and 3 became expensive. I hope they buff archer path. Also i said "maybe".

Dart monkey

Aug 11, 2017
I think you have to play the game more times, and if you don't like it....
Don't play it!
I don't think CubeCraft will remove the balance update so quick.
If you don't like it, study the game. Like when the colossal update has started, at the first thought, you will be like, oh nice but after playing, you will be like it's bad. Instead of saying it's bad, you have to study it's towers and monsters first (how it moves, how it performs and how powerful it is). You need to know alot about this game because this game is called "a strategy game". Study all towers' damage and performance. If you see one of these towers bad, dont use it. You can discovere alot each update

Reactions: Manchot999

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
If you don't like it, study the game. Like when the colossal update has started, at the first thought, you will be like, oh nice but after playing, you will be like it's bad. Instead of saying it's bad, you have to study it's towers and monsters first (how it moves, how it performs and how powerful it is). You need to know alot about this game because this game is called "a strategy game". Study all towers' damage and performance. If you see one of these towers bad, dont use it. You can discovere alot each update
Yes, I think the maker of this thread has to do this, don't blame it on the CubeCraft Server or the game... Just learn how the game works!

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
Yes. The update is even worse. Already posted my opinion here >_>.
In short they overdid it. They should reverse everything with the exception of the hardcore removal. And, if they really want, make turrent cost more or reduce strength. What they''ve done now is literaly overdoing it by 5 times. Game takes to long to start because pretty much no money can be made. It even doesn't pay off to upgraid the zombies anymore because optaining the xp has become too expensive.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/towerdefence-hardcore-mode-abuse.197051/

cc (page 6)
Granted that I haven't seen any voteabuse after the new chances, but the 'fixes' are worthless. They screwed over the game by making pretty much everything expensive. Making it harder for everyone to start even playing the game. I’m pretty sure the guys solving these 'problems' dont bother to play the game at all. The only thing they actually did is chancing the game itself that now takes unnecessarily a longer to play.

For example... the turrent they 'fixed'. Although I didn't see its strength since both teams could use it they reduced its strength. Ok, I can understand, but why did they have to make it so much more expensive as well? It's dubble. And why are the zombies so much more expensive? The one mainsource of xp? You either now start building or (try) to make xp while you have to wait for a long time before you can send anymore lvl1 noob zombies. You have no money income and everything has become too expensive.

I'm not going to fight this battle anymore. The fixing team of Cubecraft is cancerous and I have no faith whatsoever in cubecrafts staff anymore. I'm just going to assume that all they care about is money and as long as people don't pay they don't give a shit at all. In my opinion cubecraft should become a lot more transparent in their decisions and a lot more communitive towards their own community.

adios

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
Yes. The update is even worse. Already posted my opinion here >_>.
In short they overdid it. They should reverse everything with the exception of the hardcore removal. And, if they really want, make turrent cost more or reduce strength. What they''ve done now is literaly overdoing it by 5 times. Game takes to long to start because pretty much no money can be made. It even doesn't pay off to upgraid the zombies anymore because optaining the xp has become too expensive.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/towerdefence-hardcore-mode-abuse.197051/

cc (page 6)
Granted that I haven't seen any voteabuse after the new chances, but the 'fixes' are worthless. They screwed over the game by making pretty much everything expensive. Making it harder for everyone to start even playing the game. I’m pretty sure the guys solving these 'problems' dont bother to play the game at all. The only thing they actually did is chancing the game itself that now takes unnecessarily a longer to play.

For example... the turrent they 'fixed'. Although I didn't see its strength since both teams could use it they reduced its strength. Ok, I can understand, but why did they have to make it so much more expensive as well? It's dubble. And why are the zombies so much more expensive? The one mainsource of xp? You either now start building or (try) to make xp while you have to wait for a long time before you can send anymore lvl1 noob zombies. You have no money income and everything has become too expensive.

I'm not going to fight this battle anymore. The fixing team of Cubecraft is cancerous and I have no faith whatsoever in cubecrafts staff anymore. I'm just going to assume that all they care about is money and as long as people don't pay they don't give a shit at all. In my opinion cubecraft should become a lot more transparent in their decisions and a lot more communitive towards their own community.

adios
Yes exactly. I really wish that there was another server that had a system like what cube has for Tower Defense before they screwed it up with the nerfornothin update. And one that actually cares about its playerbase.
I have known that Cube's staff are like this for a while, when I criticized their approach to hackers, they ignored me or they were offensively condescending. They are incredibly greedy, and really just want to keep the privileges and the exploits that Obsidian ranks have while also coating it with the illusion of 'fixing'.
CubeCraft's staff are scum. They are incredibly arrogant, and they are some of the least helpful people I have ever met in my life. I will never ever donate or promote this server in any positive way whatsoever. I do not feel they deserve any praise. They deserve scrutiny and criticism for this move. Not having their zealot fans sucking up to them and apologizing for them whenever they do something subjectively bad.

My apologies, but I have incredible disdain for the CC team. This is just honestly what I think of them.

Reactions: Glaucus7

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
I think you have to play the game more times, and if you don't like it....
Don't play it!
I don't think CubeCraft will remove the balance update so quick.
I do not think you know how much of a stupid argument this is.
"Oh if you don't like it don't play it"
Well, for this game, I USED to like it. I like it a lot less now and I criticize them on ways they could truly fix it, however fruitless it may be.
If I never liked this game, I wouldn't be so interested in wanting to fix it.
I don't hate the game of Tower Defense. I just hate CubeCraft for messing it up and arrogantly refusing to fix their own mistake.

Reactions: Glaucus7

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
Cubecraft has no idea how to balance TDef, they just throw s*** at the wall, let it dry and stink up the server for a few months then scrape it off and replace it with brand-new s***. In terms of this update, they tried balancing Turrets and preventing early-game cheese strats but just made the game slow, clunky and boring. They didn't fix ANY of the problems that the towers had, for example rather than nerfing the power of turrets they just increased the price. They also ignored every other tower that needed a change (Leech, Artillery, Ice T4, Poison Path 2, etc) because they refuse to try anything.

Cubecraft needs a beta server where they playtest these changes. Because I swear to god with the balancing in this game they've never played it at all.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I do not think you know how much of a stupid argument this is.
"Oh if you don't like it don't play it"
Well, for this game, I USED to like it. I like it a lot less now and I criticize them on ways they could truly fix it, however fruitless it may be.
If I never liked this game, I wouldn't be so interested in wanting to fix it.
I don't hate the game of Tower Defense. I just hate CubeCraft for messing it up and arrogantly refusing to fix their own mistake.
But why are you attacking me and the community?
There were many players who like to see a new balance update!
If you don"t like the game now, don't play it.
I understand how you think about the new update, but there are soooooo many players who like it, I think ou are the only one who don't like it.
But that's my opinnion.

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
I understand how you think about the new update, but there are soooooo many players who like it, I think ou are the only one who don't like it.
But that's my opinnion.

That must be some good that stuff whatever drug you are huffing to remain in that small illusionary world of yours. The updates are shit and the community knows it.

I had very similar critic towards CC’s staff, which they know. They just don’t give a fuck.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Muhh's profile.
:3
qKhalidd wrote on Shamel's profile.
happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on deoxyq's profile.
happy birthday!
Reesle wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy Birthday, Deoxyq!! 🎂🎈