Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
Honestly, I really liked the direction this mode went at first glance. Diamond armor now being really common, stronger weapons - up to diamond sharp 3, enderpearls, and increased spawn rates of powerful items such as TNT and gapples. However, there are several glaring problems that make the mode not nearly as enjoyable as the other 2 modes.

The game is too defensive. Despite being on bedrock, the server seems to use java calculations for damage regarding armor and weapons. This would seem to suggest that diamond armor, common in this gamemode, has extra defensive ability due its toughness. Additionally, this means that the sharpness only adds .5 dmg per level. This means that the strongest weapon in normal mode is only .5 dmg less than the strongest in overpowered mode, despite the drastic increase in average armor. Not only this, but the strongest variations of armor and weapons are practically guaranteed for players who make it far in games. This makes the endgame scenarios pretty much even in terms of gear. This would seem fine, except....

The endgame revolves completely around gapples.

In the other modes, gapples are fairly rare and even when used, are not always the determining factor in fights. Due to less armor protection in those modes, TNT, fire, and bows can have equally game-changing effects. Additionally, the higher relative damage output given the swords and armor in each mode means that using a gapple mid combat is extremely risky. The same cannot be said about overpowered mode. Typically, late game fights are determined by who has more gapples. This is also somewhat the case in skywars, but SG does not have the possibility of someone being knocked into the void. Additionally, gapples spawn in random amounts of up to 10 in chest slots meaning there is an abundance of them, yet they are not evenly distributed. Any competent player can keep chugging gapples, and as long as they have more than their opponent, they are pretty much guaranteed to win no matter the opponent's skill; not to mention that this type of combat makes games at least 1.5 times longer than the other modes.

I know I can just quit out of games where overpowered mode is selected, but a) that's kinda toxic/elitist, and b) I enjoy the mode apart from the late game. So I want to offer some possible solutions:
  • Make stronger swords, bows, and/or weaker armor. This would make fights last shorter and reduce the effectiveness of gapples. Alternatively iron armor could be very common with diamond being as common as iron in normal mode (so not a guarantee but fairly common) while swords range from unenchanted iron to sharp 5 diamond to more easily generate an advantage in final fights that is not gapple count.
  • Reduce the frequency/abundance of gapples. This would reduce the time of fights and make amount of gapples less of a deciding factor in them (or at least not as annoying of a deciding factor).

Bergeyboy

Jun 8, 2020
Similar to what you have said, it would be nice to see an 8 player Overpowered mode for those with VIP Level 1+. The game is extremely enjoyable for me and although I don’t feel the lategame is centered around gapples, I could see where you are coming from. Your change would be nice to have!

Reactions: Beller5

vanthenup

Jul 6, 2020
I think crazy/chaos mode should be in the game with sharp a milion cost 1 iron and all the others..... but the graphics will be 1fps... i think the enchantment should be a little bit lower

• Haha
Reactions: Beller5

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Honestly, I really liked the direction this mode went at first glance. Diamond armor now being really common, stronger weapons - up to diamond sharp 3, enderpearls, and increased spawn rates of powerful items such as TNT and gapples. However, there are several glaring problems that make the mode not nearly as enjoyable as the other 2 modes.

The game is too defensive. Despite being on bedrock, the server seems to use java calculations for damage regarding armor and weapons. This would seem to suggest that diamond armor, common in this gamemode, has extra defensive ability due its toughness. Additionally, this means that the sharpness only adds .5 dmg per level. This means that the strongest weapon in normal mode is only .5 dmg less than the strongest in overpowered mode, despite the drastic increase in average armor. Not only this, but the strongest variations of armor and weapons are practically guaranteed for players who make it far in games. This makes the endgame scenarios pretty much even in terms of gear. This would seem fine, except....

The endgame revolves completely around gapples.

In the other modes, gapples are fairly rare and even when used, are not always the determining factor in fights. Due to less armor protection in those modes, TNT, fire, and bows can have equally game-changing effects. Additionally, the higher relative damage output given the swords and armor in each mode means that using a gapple mid combat is extremely risky. The same cannot be said about overpowered mode. Typically, late game fights are determined by who has more gapples. This is also somewhat the case in skywars, but SG does not have the possibility of someone being knocked into the void. Additionally, gapples spawn in random amounts of up to 10 in chest slots meaning there is an abundance of them, yet they are not evenly distributed. Any competent player can keep chugging gapples, and as long as they have more than their opponent, they are pretty much guaranteed to win no matter the opponent's skill; not to mention that this type of combat makes games at least 1.5 times longer than the other modes.

I know I can just quit out of games where overpowered mode is selected, but a) that's kinda toxic/elitist, and b) I enjoy the mode apart from the late game. So I want to offer some possible solutions:
  • Make stronger swords, bows, and/or weaker armor. This would make fights last shorter and reduce the effectiveness of gapples. Alternatively iron armor could be very common with diamond being as common as iron in normal mode (so not a guarantee but fairly common) while swords range from unenchanted iron to sharp 5 diamond to more easily generate an advantage in final fights that is not gapple count.
  • Reduce the frequency/abundance of gapples. This would reduce the time of fights and make amount of gapples less of a deciding factor in them (or at least not as annoying of a deciding factor).

Similar to what you have said, it would be nice to see an 8 player Op's mode for those with VIP Level +. The game is extremely enjoyable for me and although I don’t feel the lategame is centered around gapples.

7fishy7

Novice Member
Nov 30, 2016
I don't see op as centered around gapples, as anyone who is good at pvp can still kill people with tons of gaps. The vip level mode sounds nice, but I don't think I'd be playing it much cause the fact I much enjoy the bigger lobbies with more people, because it's just more fun.

Fexiny

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2017
I don't see op as centered around gapples, as anyone who is good at pvp can still kill people with tons of gaps. The vip level mode sounds nice, but I don't think I'd be playing it much cause the fact I much enjoy the bigger lobbies with more people, because it's just more fun.
Im in with that😀

Members Online

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy bday 🎉
Basketman wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
Top Bottom