Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
The printer. If we allow one part of the mod we have to allow the whole mod, if we don't allow one part (the printer) we don't allow the whole mod
Ok if that is your reasoning than why do the list of allowed client mods include minimap. After your reasoning if you ban one feature of a mod you ban the whole mod.

iAmLva

May 23, 2016
Ok if that is your reasoning than why do the list of allowed client mods include minimap. After your reasoning if you ban one feature of a mod you ban the whole mod.
Because that are 2 different kind of mods and this is just 1 mod

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
After your reasoning if you ban one feature of a mod you ban the whole mod.
A good example of this is the better pvp mid which has loads of usefull features but also has a minimap that shows players, therefore the better pvp mod is not on the allowed mods list, even though it has the option to toggle players off, it is still capable of showing players.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
A good example of this is the better pvp mid which has loads of usefull features but also has a minimap that shows players, therefore the better pvp mod is not on the allowed mods list, even though it has the option to toggle players off, it is still capable of showing players.
still under that reasoning if you ban the players feature of a mod you ban the whole mod, because player radar gives an unfair advantage.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
no the feature players is in almost any minimap.
Voxel map and zans minimap are not allowed, map writer and reis minimap are allowed (reis needs server side modifications to show players which we do not have)
The fact that the latter are allowed and not the others is because the others have a feature which is not allowed on the server (showing player locations) which is what I said earlier, if a mod has a feature that is not allowed, then the mod itself is not allowed.
still under that reasoning if you ban the players feature of a mod you ban the whole mod, because player radar gives an unfair advantage.
True.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Voxel map and zans minimap are not allowed, map writer and reis minimap are allowed (reis needs server side modifications to show players which we do not have)
thats a good reasoning. But what you just said is nowhere else on the forum. But still. Even if you fully ban schematica players will use only the hologram version and no one can proof that they were using it.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Yes it is....
But please stay on topic
Ok so from my opinion it is completly reasonable to ban the full mod, just printer or nothing at all. My opinion still is to just ban printer and use an anticheat to detect the use of printer which is possible by detecting quick and too fast item movement.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I think this mod shouldnt be allowed as it auto builds... I dont think they can detect 1 feature of the mod .-. Arent there other mods with the same features but without printer... If would like to hear Stefan's opinion :/ @Stefanvld (sorry for tagging). Just use but dont get caught ;/

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
thats a good reasoning. But what you just said is nowhere else on the forum. But still. Even if you fully ban schematica players will use only the hologram version and no one can proof that they were using it.
It isn't reasoning, I'm explaining the rules.
We can't catch hackers with their hacks turned off, but when they do use them they get punished, same thing goes for them, everything is fine until the day you get caught, who's to say there isn't an anticheat there to alert the mods of suspicious behaviour so they can tp ?
So yes they may be using the hologram and we may not be able to catch those ones most of the time.

Reactions: Ping Ether

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
It isn't reasoning, I'm explaining the rules.
We can't catch hackers with their hacks turned off, but when they do use them they get punished, same thing goes for them, everything is fine until the day you get caught, who's to say there isn't an anticheat there to alert the mods of suspicious behaviour so they can tp ?
So yes they may be using the hologram and we may not be able to catch those ones most of the time.
I understand and respect what you are saying. Also I was talking about the hologramm part of schematica(which is undetectable unless your anticheat is an ai which I think it isnt). Printer can be detected. I used to be an admin of a factions server and we had an snticheat that could detect printer but not the hologramm. only when you use printer its detectable because you really quickly move items into and out of your hotbar.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
I think this mod shouldnt be allowed as it auto builds... I dont think they can detect 1 feature of the mod .-. Arent there other mods with the same features but without printer... If would like to hear Stefan's opinion :/ @Stefanvld (sorry for tagging). Just use but dont get caught ;/
Printer can be detcted and schematica is a unique mod I havent seen anything else like it. And printer can be detected.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
The printer. If we allow one part of the mod we have to allow the whole mod, if we don't allow one part (the printer) we don't allow the whole mod
Oh... Well, IMHO (emphasis on IMHO just my opinion don't kill me pls) Placing multiple blocks at the same time can give a really big advantage to the player. They could build defenses out of nowhere if in a fight or something of that sort....

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
The return of the Snow Rank

1713448196080.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Desiderata's profile.
💙
Nightmare wrote on linkxniko's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Top Bottom