Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DjaroGames

Mar 10, 2017
I am a YouTuber with 3K subscribers, and I expect to hit 5K soon, so I thought I would be able to get the YouTube rank relatively quickly. However, on the page about the YT rank, it says you need 5K subscribers for normal videos, but 30K subscribers for "shorts", here defined not as YT Shorts but any video under 5 minute.

If my videos generally fall somewhere in the 4-8 minute range some of them would be shorts, but others wouldn't. However, since I am not making extremely short videos on one thing, but actually videos with a bit of substance, and they regularly pass the 5 minute mark, I assume I would be seen as a normal content creator, and only need 5K subs?

vasui

Novice Member
May 25, 2020
Sweden
Yeah, I believe they mean YouTube Shorts or just really short videos that could be posted as a YouTube short instead of a normal video.

GiGaGekkies

Forum Expert
Dec 22, 2019
The Future
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Screenshot_20220713-181402_Google.jpg

They have a higher chance to get "viral" / watched, so that's why it has a higher requirement.

You are not using shorts if your video's are 4-8 minutes long. Shorts look like this on youtube:
Screenshot_20220713-181609_YouTube.jpg

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
However, since I am not making extremely short videos on one thing, but actually videos with a bit of substance, and they regularly pass the 5 minute mark, I assume I would be seen as a normal content creator, and only need 5K subs?
Your content looks fine to me. I believe #shorts creators or channels that make videos falling under the minute mark will need to get 30K subscribers, because of how quickly they can grow from it. Your videos would qualify from a time perspective, but you will probably get denied the rank from a lack of Cubecraft content on your channel.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on yeoxuhang's profile.
Thanks for the follow 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on Shamel's profile.
Happy birthday Shamel! 🎈
Eli
Is it time for SkyWars to retire from Java? :despair:
Kazwa wrote on xSchulzis's profile.