Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think CubeCraft should have more vertical knockback?

• Total voters

hoppyfrog28_

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
CubeCraft has always been my favorite server, but it's pvp isn't.

Reason:
Compared to other servers, CubeCraft has an extremely low vertical knockback amount. This means that the opponent does not go up very much when hit. This makes it very hard to actually get good combos on CubeCraft.

This is why I'm suggesting adding at least a little more vertical knockback to improve CubeCraft pvp experiences

Comment down below if you have any questions or ideas

Last edited:

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I like that cubecraft has lower knock-back, because I think it’s good that combos are more challenging to pull off, and require more skill to achieve. I’ve found that with high knockback, it is a lot harder to escape combos, which causes battles to be won by whoever could start a combo first. Making adjustments to cubecraft’s PvP mechanics could make people who like the current ones leave. In my opinion, knock back on cubecraft should be left alone.

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
CubeCraft Games uses Java knockback, as we also use Java servers (including on Bedrock) which translate Bedrock packets and movements into Java formatting that our server can recognise. I like the current KB. Not being flung into the air is great when you want to escape a combo, and it's the same on Java Vanilla. I agree with Roxrock here, higher kb would be worse for players who aren't trying to dragclick or use special mouse methods. If you are trying to play with vanilla mouse controls, not trying to abuse the heck out of your mouse by adding tape to it or other things, it makes the game significantly harder.

Personally, I think dragclicking should have stayed bannable. If Dragclicking was bannable, then updating the kb might have been a good idea, but it is just way too easy to take advantage of someone when using drag and hitting them into a combo.

hoppyfrog28_

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
CubeCraft Games uses Java knockback, as we also use Java servers (including on Bedrock) which translate Bedrock packets and movements into Java formatting that our server can recognise. I like the current KB. Not being flung into the air is great when you want to escape a combo, and it's the same on Java Vanilla. I agree with Roxrock here, higher knob would be worse for players who aren't trying to dragclick or use special mouse methods. If you are trying to play with vanilla mouse controls, not trying to abuse the heck out of your mouse by adding tape to it or other things, it makes the ga,e significantly harder.

Personally, I think dragclicking should have stayed bannable. If Dragclicking was bannable, then updating the kb might have been a good idea, but it is just way too easy to take advantage of someone when using drag and hitting them into a combo.
As a mobile player, I agree. I don't like Zeqa knockback because it is way to high. I was simply suggesting a small raise to get someone a little more off the ground

Chromodynamics

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2021
The Quantum Realm
Pronouns
He/Him
This was just a comment on personal experience,

Usually in games such as EggWars, combo-ing a person works effectively for me. The player is usually high enough for me to combo, and is definitely enough for a player to be combo-ed. This too is said without the use of hacks or any other client. The vertical knockback is usually enough for me (personally) to knock a person into the void (for example), which I experience while playing on the Bedrock Platform.
CubeCraft Games uses Java knockback, as we also use Java servers (including on Bedrock)
Although I have minimal experience in Java, taking Hazard's word, Java servers should also have enough vertical knockback, as the same 'Java knockback' is used on both platforms.

Just letting you know again that I wanted to share a personal experience and a view from my side on this topic.

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
I disagree with increasing vertical kb, it makes combat a lot worse than how it is currently by making fights much more difficult and unenjoyable for most players.

However, I have a proposed idea instead:
How about increasing the horizontal kb slightly, it'll make fights more fun and can be countered unlike increasing vertical kb. I would like to see more consistent kb as well, since when one person takes more kb than the other especially when both players trade hits isn't fun at all

posingwater

Novice Member
Jun 18, 2021
I would like to see more consistent kb as well, since when one person takes more kb than the other especially when both players trade hits isn't fun at all
Ye some ppl take next to no kb (Mostly mobile players). And I know they aren't jump resetting coz I try randomizing my hits and it still does nothing for their kb.

• Agree
Reactions: SlinkyGnu05604

McNugget

Jul 8, 2023
CubeCraft has always been my favorite server, but it's pvp isn't.

Reason:
Compared to other servers, CubeCraft has an extremely low vertical knockback amount. This means that the opponent does not go up very much when hit. This makes it very hard to actually get good combos on CubeCraft and I'm sure others agree.

This is why I'm suggesting adding at least a little more vertical knockback to improve CubeCraft pvp experiences

Comment down below if you have any questions or ideas
all you have to do is strafe, sprint reset, and use snowballs. it's not that hard to combo on Cubecraft. and Upwards kb is stupid

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Eli wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Hoshi's profile.
RDT_20240427_1450346243545739946908841.jpg
Thunder wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday!
Reesle wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday, Cool Designer! 🥳
Top Bottom