Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
Before I talk about my thoughts on the horizontal knockback on 1.19, I'll talk about the backstory behind it:

Back in 2020, people were complaining about the knockback mechanics since players took barely any knockback at the time. When CubeCraft announced that they are fixing the knockback, everyone was happy, myself included. From December 2020 until January 2021, CubeCraft did two knockback tests, the first test was vertical knockback focused, which I didn't enjoy. The second test was horizontal knockback focused which I enjoyed so much. CubeCraft then decided to merge both knockback versions together in the full release. It felt more like a modified version of knockback test v1 than v2. Due to this, I stopped playing the server until July 14 2023. Apparently the knockback mechanics as a whole was bugged and I didn't realize it until 1.19 public beta testing started.

When 1.19 beta has started, I've noticed several improvements to the server:
- Time and server ID in scoreboard
- Staff and partnered players now have a prefix
- /who has been improved to show the current prefix and username color of all players
- Knockback now works as intended

The part I will focus on this feedback post is the knockback. I noticed that the knockback is much more consistent in 1.19 than in 1.12, people took more horizontal knockback which is my favorite part of the update, it is the reason I returned to the server since I can't stand players taking no knockback while I take all of it. Since the 1.19 update, I find fights more fair and it is so much fun especially in SkyWars and EggWars. For example: When I traded hits, both me and my opponent took the same knockback. When I asked some of the CubeCrafters for their thoughts on the fixed knockback, they liked it. But others hated it.

Speaking of which, let's move on to my opinion of it as of August 31 2023:

Horizontal knockback was perfect the moment the 1.19 update came out and it doesn't need to be changed, since it makes games more fair and is so much fun. I was able to adapt to it easily which made me so much better at the game than what I used to be from 2021 to the first half of 2023 because I'm used to the horizontal knockback mechanics (I started PvPing from 2016). CubeCraft stands out even more because it is the only partnered server on Bedrock that has horizontal knockback focused PvP.

However, sweats were complaining about the horizontal knockback that I noticed players were taking less horizontal knockback than normal yesterday, making it hard to combo them or void them, and it made games last longer. I really hope that it was not intended. Personally, I would like to see it reverted to how it was before August 30.

What are your thoughts on the horizontal knockback?

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
However, sweats were complaining about the horizontal knockback that I noticed players were taking less horizontal knockback than normal yesterday, making it hard to combo them or void them, and it made games last longer. I really hope that it was not intended. Personally, I would like to see it reverted to how it was before August 30.
It sounds like it could be intentional. The whole point of this update was so players who aren't that good have better chances, and lower knockback does make the game easier for a worse player. And it also sounds like its a part of the lucky islands update that was released yesterday as the knockback changes seem to line up with it perfectly.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom