Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
Every time I go to the latest profile posts the page is filled with nonsense of 'omg pfp changed' or other things that nobody cares about. This is very annoying, it spams the page and overall this is just like farming. Nobody cares that someone's profile picture got changed and the important posts are barely noticeable anymore. I suggest that this is gonna fall under like-farming so this won't happen in the future anymore. Saying things like this just once a day or something isn't a problem of course but saying it like every hour is something else.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't have much to add to this or say about this suggestion aside from the following: Just take a look at my profile posts. That's all you need to do to agree with this... :monkeylook:

I'm surprised nobody has really said anything about it up until now. It's just gotten on my nerves. I really agree with this suggestion.

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
Every time I go to the latest profile posts the page is filled with nonsense of 'omg pfp changed' or other things that nobody cares about. This is very annoying, it spams the page and overall this is just like farming. Nobody cares that someone's profile picture got changed and the important posts are barely noticeable anymore. I suggest that this is gonna fall under like-farming so this won't happen in the future anymore. Saying things like this just once a day or something isn't a problem of course but saying it like every hour is something else.
If it’s irritating for you surely just block the people who do it? And if you say that “nobody cares about” it then a lot of messages on Cubecraft you could say “nobody cares about”. It’s harmless, and hardly like farming. It’s like a few messages a day if that and you want it banned? Let’s get this straight, you want the phrase “pfp changed!” to be bannable if it’s said more than how much?

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Following your logic, saying 'Happy birthday' or 'Congrats' when someone reaches any important achievement should also be punishable?

I really think this doesn't bother anyone and it doesn't do any harm, at best if someone does this to increase their forums stats would they gain 1 or 2 reactions maybe? And how often does someone change their pfp?
Should also be punishable saying the mythical 'Welcome to the forums'?

I don't think this is a problem, I disagree

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Following your logic, saying 'Happy birthday' or 'Congrats' when someone reaches any important achievement should also be punishable?

I really think this doesn't bother anyone and it doesn't do any harm, at best if someone does this to increase their forums stats would they gain 1 or 2 reactions maybe? And how often does someone change their pfp?

Yeah that’s the same kind of logic, so saying “welcome to the forums”, “happy birthday”, “congrats” are all things that “nobody cares about”. Also they could all count as like farming so guys we should stick away for those now. It’s a bit of fun that isn’t harmless, and if it’s a problem as I’ve said before, feel free to block

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
I disagree with your suggestion. Sure, it may annoy you and other users, but in that case you can always just not read these profile posts or delete them and politely ask these people to stop posting on your profile (if it happens on your profile, that is). What you consider an "important post" may not be important for other users, for example I think the important news will be posted in the news subforum rather than on someone's personal profile. Lastly, as said above, there are many other types of messages which some users describe as "nonsense" and others don't, can you elaborate why only this type of messages should be disallowed but the others shouldn't?

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah that’s the same kind of logic, so saying “welcome to the forums”, “happy birthday”, “congrats” are all things that “nobody cares about”. Also they could all count as like farming so guys we should stick away for those now. It’s a bit of fun that isn’t harmless, and if it’s a problem as I’ve said before, feel free to block
That's not the same imo. There's a difference between congratulating someone & telling someone that you noticed that their profile picture changed. I understand where you're coming from, but it's not the same.

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
That's not the same imo. There's a difference between congratulating someone & telling someone that you noticed that their profile picture changed
People have different ideas of what important is and isn’t.
For example I could say “congratulations” is just unimportant nonsense and “pfp change” is important. At the end of the day, this is just a bit of fun, you either see it as that or you don’t, but there are a lot of people who like it.

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't have much to add to this or say about this suggestion aside from the following: Just take a look at my profile posts. That's all you need to do to agree with this... :monkeylook:

I'm surprised nobody has really said anything about it up until now. It's just gotten on my nerves. I really agree with this suggestion.
If it’s gotten on your nerves, say you don’t want it on your profile anymore. And/or you can delete the unwanted posts

Critomania

Novice Member
Jan 21, 2022
Lol, man, they show you so much attention and you emphasize your importance more strongly by not seeing useful posts on the first pages, right up to the complaint, thanks for the portion of cringe for today, you filled this whole bowl🤣🤣

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
If it’s gotten on your nerves, say you don’t want it on your profile anymore. And/or you can delete the unwanted posts
Whilst that is a possible solution now, in my opinion it would have been better if there was something that prevented such a spam on for instance my profile beforehand. I change my profile picture often and I am free to do so, but that caused almost daily "omg pfp change!" messages. I think it's rather common sense it'd annoy someone. I don't mind seeing these messages every now and then, but it has just reached a point for me personally where it's just not okay.

Using the ignore feature is just not an option for me. I have never used it before, so I'm not sure what exactly the consequences would be, but I'm not risking my ability to view other posts from someone just because they do one thing wrong. It would only cause complications. From now on, I will make sure to delete unwanted posts that go against the order I'd like to have on my profile, but please note that I only voted agree on this suggestion because I think something should have prevented this situation before it happened. Everybody has their own experiences with things and opinions about them. I hope you are able to understand where I am coming from.

I will be changing my vote to Unsure (:unsure:), because I have reconsidered the suggestion and it may be a little too harsh. However, I still think that people's preferences should be taken into account when it comes to this. That is directed at users who tend to post these messages.

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Whilst that is a possible solution now, in my opinion it would have been better if there was something that prevented such a spam on for instance my profile beforehand. I change my profile picture often and I am free to do so, but that caused almost daily "omg pfp change!" messages. I think it's rather common sense it'd annoy someone. I don't mind seeing these messages every now and then, but it has just reached a point for me personally where it's just not okay.

Using the ignore feature is just not an option for me. I have never used it before, so I'm not sure what exactly the consequences would be, but I'm not risking my ability to view other posts from someone just because they do one thing wrong. It would only cause complications. From now on, I will make sure to delete unwanted posts that go against the order I'd like to have on my profile, but please note that I only voted agree on this suggestion because I think something should have prevented this situation before it happened. Everybody has their own experiences with things and opinions about them. I hope you are able to understand where I am coming from.

I will be changing my vote to Unsure (:unsure:), because I have reconsidered the suggestion and it may be a little too harsh. However, I still think that people's preferences should be taken into account when it comes to this. That is directed at users who tend to post these messages.
I do understand where you are coming from. Perhaps if anyone who doesn’t want this to happen puts a message saying clearly that they don’t want to receive these messages then their wishes would be respected and all would be good?
Also what are you suggesting that stops these posts beforehand? Some form of specifically blocking those posts?

Reactions: TheMrSpacee

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
It's not about having the posts on my profile, it's about the posts in general because every time I'm looking at the profile post page I only see 'pfp changed', and overall, this is definitely not the same as saying happy birthday and congrats as that is actually valuable and in my opinion not as much spammed as the pfp changes messages.

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
It's not about having the posts on my profile, it's about the posts in general because every time I'm looking at the profile post page I only see 'pfp changed', and overall, this is definitely not the same as saying happy birthday and congrats as that is actually valuable and in my opinion not as much spammed as the pfp changes messages.
Again valuable is a matter of opinion, as people class it differently. But it is somewhat spammed, I agree with that.

BurntCrown8876

Nov 9, 2021
My Cat's Basket
allout.org
Pronouns
He/Him
Hiya!

:disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree:
How dare you

It shows you care and appreciate it. People make their profile pictures as art. You don't walk into a museum and shout "That display changed!", but you can point it out, and the artist might appreciate that you noticed and took a moment to look. The same is for CubeCraft profile pictures.

But it is somewhat spammed, I agree with that
Yes, but the owner of the profile or the message can feel free to delete it after a certain amount of time after it becomes irrelevant.

At the end of the day, this is just a bit of fun
I agree, people enjoy it and it brings a bit of light to their day, and so on. It shows someone notices them and cares. And that's what CubeCraft is about: Having a nice time, and showing a bit of love.

I suggest that this is gonna fall under like-farming
People aren't guaranteed to like it, and it isn't a beg for likes, it's just a statement.

May I add you can change in your settings who can write a message on your profile? You can set it so only people you follow, or nobody, and you could only follow people you know who won't spam you with "Pfp change".
Credit to @SoloWarz3405 for screenshot.

Complete this step in the screenshot then unfollow anyone you don't want to comment there.
Credit to SoloWarz3405 for screenshot.

Thanks for reading, have a great day! 😊
~Burnt

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
*Sign*

So it begins 05042022190922.jpg

Kinda saw something like this comming. Since some people including me have had enough of this. It's just ruining the forums and this is not where profile messages where made for.

On these pictures you can see someone who changes their profile picture quite often 4/6 times since Sunday. You can see that there were 6 post about the profile picture changing. And this is only to one member. What is happening on the forums is to every member the second they change their picture. Which floods the forums with "pfp change".

In all the following pictures everyone person has the same color

Screenshot_20220405-184159_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220405-184209_Samsung Internet.jpg

On these pictures you can also see that the people who do it, don't just do it when they see it but make a competition out of it. They say: "ignore the message below, pfp change". As if 1 message per pfp change isn't enough now you get 3.

Screenshot_20220404-171319_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220404-171329_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220405-184008_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220405-183952_Samsung Internet.jpg
Saying that this isn't like farming isn't true. If you look back at the pictures you see that most messages have gotten at least 1 positive reaction, and some even 2 or more. This isn't the same as saying: happy birthday, congratulations on staff, sad to see you go, etc. There you just say it once and you don't compete against each other because everyone says it, and everyone gets 1 like; from the person you are saying it to. Saying "Welcome to the forums" is a bit different. Sure alot of people do it. But you don't compete. If someone already said it, you don't do it. Some people just join the forums because they need to dm a staff via a conversation, some others don't know how the forums work yet so they don't like your profile post.

I use my profile posts alot, I post pictures of Tommy, and my lego. Sometimes just of nature and weather. But I don't think I overdo it. I don't post a picture of Tommy evey 6 hours, unless I absolutely want to share it. But usually I just wait a few days before I post it so people don't see a picture of Tommy evertime they join the forums. Which is happening now with pfp change. When I write something on someone's profile I do it because they are my friends. Commenting on existing profile posts I do alot more, but that is just Interacting with the Community, this isn't. This is just annoying spam.

Sure you can always delete it if someone post it on your profile. But it gets annoying to delete 4 messages everytime you change your pfp. Why 4 times? You change your pfp > someone says something about it > you delete it > someone else sees the pfp has changed > someone says something about it and repeat. I don't change my pfp much, but others do and they find it annoying.

Then why not ignore them? I think ignoring someone because they are a annoying in 1 section on the forums is overkill. You also don't block someone on Discord because they say hi everytime someone new chats. Sure it is annoying but nothing block worthy in my opinion. Same for this.
You can always change who can post in your profile: everyone, people you follow, no-one. But this is not ideal. You block your entire forum profile for basically 5 people and everyone else can't post too. Expect the people who you follow. This is the same as saying: a few people on CubeCraft don't behave in chat, so we are going to disable the chat for everyone. Also some of us don't follow alot of people, so then you instantly have to follow basically everyone except they 5 people that do this if you want everyone but them welcome.

And all this doesn't change the fact that you still can see pfp change getting spammed everytime. This suggestion is not that one user finds it annoying that people post pfp change. But that it floods the forums and takes the fun out of it

Altough I don't necessarily think you need to get punished for it. I do think there needs to be done something against it. Either by the staff who delete it but not punish for it, this is not ideal tho since staff shouldn't be a community police. Something better is that the people themself who do this realise that this is just annoying and quite frankly ruining the forums and profile posts. That is why I voted agree

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220405-184142_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220405-184142_Samsung Internet.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 78

khco

Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2021
Minecraft

People have different ideas of what important is and isn’t.
For example I could say “congratulations” is just unimportant nonsense and “pfp change” is important. At the end of the day, this is just a bit of fun, you either see it as that or you don’t, but there are a lot of people who like it.
I would add something, "pfp change" posts are completely different from "Congrats" or "Thanks for everything", and when I mean, completely, I mean it. Because when you're saying "pfp change!" to the person who changed the pfp is really stupid imo because they know that they DID change it. While congratulating or thanking a person's efforts is different, because we show people who really deserve their current/past role.

I was going to continue replying on other things, but there is already a well-thinking person replying:

*Sign*

View attachment 209144

Kinda saw something like this comming. Since some people including me have had enough of this. It's just ruining the forums and this is not where profile messages where made for.

On these pictures you can see someone who changes their profile picture quite often 4/6 times since Sunday. You can see that there were 6 post about the profile picture changing. And this is only to one member. What is happening on the forums is to every member the second they change their picture. Which floods the forums with "pfp change".

View attachment 209146View attachment 209147

On these pictures you can also see that the people who do it, don't just do it when they see it but make a competition out of it. They say: "ignore the message below, pfp change". As if 1 message per pfp change isn't enough now you get 3.

View attachment 209148View attachment 209149

View attachment 209150View attachment 209151Saying that this isn't like farming isn't true. If you look back at the pictures you see that most messages have gotten at least 1 positive reaction, and some even 2 or more. This isn't the same as saying: happy birthday, congratulations on staff, sad to see you go, etc. There you just say it once and you don't compete against each other because everyone says it, and everyone gets 1 like; from the person you are saying it to. Saying "Welcome to the forums" is a bit different. Sure alot of people do it. But you don't compete. If someone already said it, you don't do it. Some people just join the forums because they need to dm a staff via a conversation, some others don't know how the forums work yet so they don't like your profile post.

I use my profile posts alot, I post pictures of Tommy, and my lego. Sometimes just of nature and weather. But I don't think I overdo it. I don't post a picture of Tommy evey 6 hours, unless I absolutely want to share it. But usually I just wait a few days before I post it so people don't see a picture of Tommy evertime they join the forums. Which is happening now with pfp change. When I write something on someone's profile I do it because they are my friends. Commenting on existing profile posts I do alot more, but that is just Interacting with the Community, this isn't. This is just annoying spam.

Sure you can always delete it if someone post it on your profile. But it gets annoying to delete 4 messages everytime you change your pfp. Why 4 times? You change your pfp > someone says something about it > you delete it > someone else sees the pfp has changed > someone says something about it and repeat. I don't change my pfp much, but others do and they find it annoying.

Then why not ignore them? I think ignoring someone because they are a annoying in 1 section on the forums is overkill. You also don't block someone on Discord because they say hi everytime someone new chats. Sure it is annoying but nothing block worthy in my opinion. Same for this.
You can always change who can post in your profile: everyone, people you follow, no-one. But this is not ideal. You block your entire forum profile for basically 5 people and everyone else can't post too. Expect the people who you follow. This is the same as saying: a few people on CubeCraft don't behave in chat, so we are going to disable the chat for everyone. Also some of us don't follow alot of people, so then you instantly have to follow basically everyone except they 5 people that do this if you want everyone but them welcome.

And all this doesn't change the fact that you still can see pfp change getting spammed everytime. This suggestion is not that one user finds it annoying that people post pfp change. But that it floods the forums and takes the fun out of it

Altough I don't necessarily think you need to get punished for it. I do think there needs to be done something against it. Either by the staff who delete it but not punish for it, this is not ideal tho since staff shouldn't be a community police. Something better is that the people themself who do this realise that this is just annoying and quite frankly ruining the forums and profile posts. That is why I voted agree

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
I was going to reply, but there is already a well-thinking person replying:

But I would add for something else, "pfp change" posts are completely different from "Congrats" or "Thanks for everything", and when I mean, completely, I mean it. Because when you're saying "pfp change!" to the person who changed the pfp is really stupid imo because they know that they DID change it. While congratulating or thanking a person's efforts is different, because we show people who really deserve their current/past role
Bruh
If you go up to someone and say “hey you hanged your hair” following your flawed logic, then that’s surely “stupid” too? It’s not stupid it’s simply a nice thing to do. Simply saying the phrase pfp change is not stupid, it’s as I’ve said before a nice thing to do at the very least

Reactions: BurntCrown8876

BurntCrown8876

Nov 9, 2021
My Cat's Basket
allout.org
Pronouns
He/Him
*Sign*

View attachment 209144

View attachment 209150View attachment 209151Saying that this isn't like farming isn't true. If you look back at the pictures you see that most messages have gotten at least 1 positive reaction, and some even 2 or more. This isn't the same as saying: happy birthday, congratulations on staff, sad to see you go, etc. There you just say it once and you don't compete against each other because everyone says it, and everyone gets 1 like; from the person you are saying it to. Saying "Welcome to the forums" is a bit different. Sure alot of people do it. But you don't compete. If someone already said it, you don't do it. Some people just join the forums because they need to dm a staff via a conversation, some others don't know how the forums work yet so they don't like your profile post.

*When you notice you're in most of those 😳😟*

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
*Sign*

View attachment 209144

So we are “ruining the forums” now? Interesting, I thought we could chat and have fun here! It’s annoying to maybe a few people but there people who like it, and if we all stopped doing something just because a few people somewhere don’t like it, we’d have nothing to do. That’s like if a school club is doing football, but three people out of 9 don’t like football. Are the rest supposed to not play football just because some don’t like it?

• Agree
Reactions: BurntCrown8876
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Clovate's profile.
Heya cool person!:D
Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I knew it! Congratulations
Top Bottom