Status
Not open for further replies.

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
...There you go again, picking a fight. =( There's no need for this - the forums are meant to (And very much are, may I add) a safe place, where people can talk, discuss, and yes, debate. Yes, you are putting across am argument, but no need to put it across in an aggressive way.
I agree the argument is being put forth in a hostile manner. I also think we need to come to a conclusion as we have discussed both sides now.

• Agree
Reactions: BurntCrown8876

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
So we are saying that if 2+ players have said pfp change then no more should say it? Smth like that? Or just a blanket no-no?
That’s not the issue here. I don’t care if someone says ‘pfp changed’ 1 or 2 times a day and I also don’t care who said it. It’s just annoying seeing everything getting spammed with it. Nobody actually cares if someone’s profile picture gets changed, especially the user itself as they have changed it itself.
...There you go again, picking a fight. =( There's no need for this - the forums are meant to (And very much are, may I add) a safe place, where people can talk, discuss, and yes, debate. Yes, you are putting across am argument, but no need to put it across in an aggressive way.
They weren’t being aggressive a single time tho.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Cubecraft will literally be punishing for everything if they keep adding ridiculous rules like these, I mean your not even allowed post a thread on your profile anymore without being punished and this wasn't even announced or put in the changelog.

Sure, make the rules more strict but whys it bad to point out someone's profile picture changed, you could also just look for the bit of humour in it.

Who cares if people get an extra reaction for saying profile picture change or whatever, it doesn't really matter, at all.

-> see the humour in things
-> If you don't see the humour in things ignore it, or ignore these people
-> or make the rules even more strict than they are, because that's a good thing!

Also, does anyone wanna say anything about 'welcome to the forums' or is that OK because it's staff who say it? Also is getting 5 to 10 likes for saying forwarded ok too?

BurntCrown8876

Nov 9, 2021
My Cat's Basket
allout.org
Pronouns
He/Him
(Just joking because I support light mode, and they had a screenshot that showed they used Dark Mode :despair:)
Also, does anyone wanna say anything about 'welcome to the forums' or is that OK because it's staff who say it?
I like to welcome people! 😊

Also, it's kind of become tradition now...

They weren’t being aggressive a single time tho
Oh?
You seem like you don't know the difference between insulting and debating...
Oh... that seems to be aggressive :monkeylook:

Reactions: Silco and Matriox

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
Every time I go to the latest profile posts the page is filled with nonsense of 'omg pfp changed' or other things that nobody cares about. This is very annoying, it spams the page and overall this is just like farming. Nobody cares that someone's profile picture got changed and the important posts are barely noticeable anymore. I suggest that this is gonna fall under like-farming so this won't happen in the future anymore. Saying things like this just once a day or something isn't a problem of course but saying it like every hour is something else.
This wouldn't be a problem if people didn't abuse of it. Personally, it doesn't bother me, but I also don't see the point of saying it constantly over and over again.

I don't know if it's because that person want attention, interactions, or because it's really "agradable/funny”, quite questionable.

Regarding the comments that I have read that “welcome to the forums, happy birthday, etc” are the same as “pfp changed”.
  • The “welcome to the forums” thing is done only once when a person joins to the forums, not constantly day after day in the same profile.
  • Neither the "happy birthday" thing, since its done on a certain date once a year for each person, not constantly day after day.
I agree that maybe no one cares about both but its still something different that is not done day after day, they are not comparable things.

Therefore, it makes no sense to compare them with each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goefy and khco

khco

Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2021
Minecraft
Oh?

Oh... that seems to be aggressive :monkeylook:
It is not aggressive, I mean my post was true about you not knowing the difference between them, because you once again thought it was insulting...
This wouldn't be a problem if people didn't abuse of it. Personally, it doesn't bother me, but I also don't see the point of saying it constantly over and over again.

I don't know if it's because that person want attention, interactions, or because it's really "agradable/funny”, quite questionable.

Regarding the comments that I have read that “welcome to the forums, happy birthday, etc” are the same as “pfp changed”.
  • The “welcome to the forums” thing is done only once when a person joins to the forums, not constantly day after day in the same profile.
  • Neither the "happy birthday" thing, since its done on a certain date once a year for each person, not constantly day after day.
I agree that maybe no one cares about both but its still something different that is not done day after day, they are not comparable things.

Therefore, it makes no sense to compare them with each other.
Agreed, they are completely different, as I said above, pfp change doesn't have the meaning to it, I mean your reminding the pfp changer about it? Hbd, congrats, etc.. are ofc okay since it has its meaning to it, and it is a certain day in a complete year, so if a person got a role+their birthday came+they got demoted, all of these are only 3 times in a year, and it is ofc rare x)
there are few more agrees to get this forwarded :)

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
Agreed, they are completely different, as I said above, pfp change doesn't have the meaning to it
I can't understand the meaning of some comments in the post, for example the one: "following your logic" and then that person invents something completely different that is not comparable at all.

Its not very difficult to understand, one is done once a year and the other daily constantly.

Personally, as I said above, I don't care, but people have limits and it can bother to certain people, not only to the people who receive those comments, also to the people who are browsing in the forums and see constantly repetitive comments like this one.

Reactions: khco

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
Who cares if people get an extra reaction for saying profile picture change or whatever, it doesn't really matter, at all.
Uhm, because this is just against the rules??? Also, as I’ve said multiple times already, the likes aren’t the biggest problems, the fully spammed page is the problem. Why is that for some people so hard to understand?

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
And if your addressing this as a so called problem. Is mainly staff saying welcome to the forums and 1 word for ten likes; "forwarded" ok or is that fine?

If likes aren't the problem why would it come under like farming?

Reactions: Silco

SGGSTNS

Novice Member
Feb 15, 2021
Good idea!
Make the rules of a simple minecraft server even stricter simply because you consider this as likefarming or because you can't click the button to go to the next page and see other posts, that simple.
If the rules are made longer I prefer it to be because the current ones are better described and more specific than adding more meaningless rules like this.
This is like a social network, let everyone post whatever on any profile they want (as long as it's not offensive) the only person who should worry about this is the one who receives comments on their profile, so just get on with your life, and no, I didn't read all the other comments xd

D

Deleted member 492126

Suggesting changes that will improve players' overall experience and will make CubeCraft a better server: :disagree:
Punishing for being nice to other people: ✅

If we keep on adding the strictest rules we can come up with, the forums will become an extremely boring place. If you don't like someone's post, you're not forced to like it. Plus there is no way for us (the moderation team) to tell whether someone is trying to get likes or just being nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom