Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
Suggesting changes that will improve players' overall experience and will make CubeCraft a better server: :disagree:
Punishing for being nice to other people: ✅

If we keep on adding the strictest rules we can come up with, the forums will become an extremely boring place. If you don't like someone's post, you're not forced to like it. Plus there is no way for us (the moderation team) to tell whether someone is trying to get likes or just being nice.
You punish for bumping threads or sharing threads on your profile but flooding an entire page is fun and not a problem. What’s the deal with that?

D

Deleted member 492126

You punish for bumping threads or sharing threads on your profile but flooding an entire page is fun and not a problem. What’s the deal with that?
That’s exactly my point. I don’t think adding even more and more strict rules will make it any better. If anything I think some rules should be less strict but that’s just my opinion.

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
Suggesting changes that will improve players' overall experience and will make CubeCraft a better server: :disagree:
Flooding the forums constantly day after day with the same messages in different/same profiles improves players’ overall experience and will make cubecraft a better server?

- Questionable.

If you don't like someone's post, you're not forced to like it. Plus there is no way for us (the moderation team) to tell whether someone is trying to get likes or just being nice.
We are not talking about whether you like the post or not, there are days that you cant browse on the forums or find out interesting things because "x" person has commented on each profile that the photo has been changed "php changed" and this has been like this for many months.

Again, the people who compare this to a birthday, think before saying things, please.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
Cubecraft will literally be punishing for everything if they keep adding ridiculous rules like these, I mean your not even allowed post a thread on your profile anymore without being punished and this wasn't even announced or put in the changelog.
Hai, we've noticed this was flying about on this thread so we just wanted to make it clear that this is not the case at all. We would not want to punish for something that either isn't made clear in the rules, changelog or directly from our moderation manager (CapitanGato) as we do want to keep the rules fair and clear for everyone apart of this community and elsewhere.

Regarding the "rule" about you being disallowed from posting threads on your profile, this was internal miscommunication on our part and that keep in mind that we are all human so mistakes are bound to happen though it has been resolved now though we do apologise for this happening.

The way the rule currently works is that you are allowed to post suggestion threads on your profile, with the exception that you may not farm likes/agrees while doing so. (E.g. "Plz plz agree!!!")

guinea_pigcrown5687

Aug 14, 2021
My Guinea pigs' cage EU#12
Pronouns
He/Him
It is tech message farming (I think so please correct me if I'm wrong) and I appciate it is annoying, but its like the world in the way, 'If we werre all the same it would be boring' but in thuis case it is 'If there was no fun on cubecraft forums there is no point in it.' so I disagree. But if you dont wont it to happen make it where only the people who u follow can post. By going in to Privacy -> Post messgaes on your profile -> People you follow.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Matriox

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
It is tech message farming (I think so please correct me if I'm wrong) and I appciate it is annoying, but its like the world in the way, 'If we werre all the same it would be boring' but in thuis case it is 'If there was no fun on cubecraft forums there is no point in it.' so I disagree. But if you dont wont it to happen make it where only the people who u follow can post. By going in to Privacy -> Post messgaes on your profile -> People you follow.

Hope this helps
It's not actually as profile posts don't count towards your message count

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Every time I go to the latest profile posts the page is filled with nonsense of 'omg pfp changed' or other things that nobody cares about. This is very annoying, it spams the page and overall this is just like farming. Nobody cares that someone's profile picture got changed and the important posts are barely noticeable anymore. I suggest that this is gonna fall under like-farming so this won't happen in the future anymore. Saying things like this just once a day or something isn't a problem of course but saying it like every hour is something else.
I believe this should already fall under rules

3.12 - Like and Message Farming​

as well as

3.3 - Spamming​

and

3.13 - Pointless Threads/Posts, Trolling, and Controversial Discussions​

They are spamming a forums users feed as well as gaining them a pointless message point on the forums

Following your logic, saying 'Happy birthday' or 'Congrats' when someone reaches any important achievement should also be punishable?

I really think this doesn't bother anyone and it doesn't do any harm, at best if someone does this to increase their forums stats would they gain 1 or 2 reactions maybe? And how often does someone change their pfp?
Should also be punishable saying the mythical 'Welcome to the forums'?

I don't think this is a problem, I disagree
Following your logic, saying 'Happy birthday' or 'Congrats' when someone reaches any important achievement should also be punishable?

I really think this doesn't bother anyone and it doesn't do any harm, at best if someone does this to increase their forums stats would they gain 1 or 2 reactions maybe? And how often does someone change their pfp?
Should also be punishable saying the mythical 'Welcome to the forums'?

I don't think this is a problem, I disagree
These are one time things that only happen once or Yearly. That is entirely different than something that can happen daily or even Bi-Weekly.
The arguments being made here of saying "It's the same as saying Happy Birthday" or "Welcome to the forums" is lightyears apart.
A birthday happens once a year, while a new user to the forums only happens once to that user in the entire lifespan of that account.

It shows you care and appreciate it. People make their profile pictures as art. You don't walk into a museum and shout "That display changed!", but you can point it out, and the artist might appreciate that you noticed and took a moment to look. The same is for CubeCraft profile pictures.
Most people do not make their own PfP like I did!
For example, you just took a screenshot with Win+PrintScreen, which took a lot less work and hours compared to mine. I think my work looks absolutely amazing and I shared it in the Cubecraft Discord in the Creations channel. I never once posted it in my profile page on the forums.
There is other important things people are saying on their profiles rather than just a useless spammed message of "PfP changed"
Yes, but the owner of the profile or the message can feel free to delete it after a certain amount of time after it becomes irrelevant.
What happens if the owner of the profile posted "pfp changed" and they just got a mass amount of reactions/replies from it boosting their forums stats?
I agree, people enjoy it and it brings a bit of light to their day, and so on. It shows someone notices them and cares. And that's what CubeCraft is about: Having a nice time, and showing a bit of love.
People find harassing others is fun. But that is against the rules. Don't you think that spamming a profile with "pfp change" could be hurtful to others and may overwhelm them from something so small and may even push them off the forums?
May I add you can change in your settings who can write a message on your profile? You can set it so only people you follow, or nobody, and you could only follow people you know who won't spam you with "Pfp change".
What if I want others to reply to my posts, but not want to be spammed and then put through the hassle of deleting those messages?

If you go up to someone and say “hey you hanged your hair” following your flawed logic, then that’s surely “stupid” too? It’s not stupid it’s simply a nice thing to do. Simply saying the phrase pfp change is not stupid, it’s as I’ve said before a nice thing to do at the very least
????????? Again I have only ONCE in my entire life have been told "nice haircut" and that was years ago.
And typically if someone does it's not a random stranger on the street, it's your friends or someone you know well.
Not random strangers
Firstly those figures are extremely inaccurate. I don’t do it for the likes, nor did I do the light or dark mode for it. Again going by that logic anything slightly repetitive could be “like farming” say posting cat pictures. Ignoring the fact that the user might just want to share pics of their cat, someone out there could say it’s just for the likes. Secondly you are exaggerating the amount I comment with pfp change, and I mean, yeah I’d be quite worried if I was actually getting 100 reactions over two days just by saying the almighty words of “pfp change”.
P sure their is a big difference in sharing a picture you took over a picture that you took off google or did no work on.
Also if you make a funny memes argument there is a memes forums somewhere here where they can post it.
Who cares if people get an extra reaction for saying profile picture change or whatever, it doesn't really matter, at all.

-> see the humour in things
-> If you don't see the humour in things ignore it, or ignore these people
-> or make the rules even more strict than they are, because that's a good thing!

Also, does anyone wanna say anything about 'welcome to the forums' or is that OK because it's staff who say it? Also is getting 5 to 10 likes for saying forwarded ok too?
It's not funny when it's just spammed. It's just dry and bland unamusing and stupid.

Again like I said above in this post
"These are one time things that only happen once or Yearly. That is entirely different than something that can happen daily or even Bi-Weekly.
The arguments being made here of saying "It's the same as saying Happy Birthday" or "Welcome to the forums" is lightyears apart.
A birthday happens once a year, while a new user to the forums only happens once to that user in the entire lifespan of that account."

If we keep on adding the strictest rules we can come up with, the forums will become an extremely boring place. If you don't like someone's post, you're not forced to like it. Plus there is no way for us (the moderation team) to tell whether someone is trying to get likes or just being nice.
It's not even being strict, they already are breaking rules 3.2, 3.12 and 3.13
Plus it's just grown into a copy pasta and as a "JoKe" as said by other people in this post. It's spamming and annoys people and is just not funny.
The way the rule currently works is that you are allowed to post suggestion threads on your profile, with the exception that you may not farm likes/agrees while doing so. (E.g. "Plz plz agree!!!")
*spams every persons profile that changed their pfp in the last 24hours to get message/like points on my profile*

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Um none of these points are relevant; profile posts don't count towards message points and no one forces anyone to like a post.

And as for your piont about this being message/like farming:

It is the exact same as 'welcome to the forums', you are not punished for farming likes on one person's profile or on one thread, it's a forum wide assessment on whether your farming likes or not. If 6 people join the forums today, you will say welcome to the forums 6 times, on 6 different profiles. This doesn't mean it's any better than a few people saying pfp change or whatever on one person's profile. Again, rules like this are based on whether your farming likes across the forums, not on one person's profile.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Um none of these points are relevant; profile posts don't count towards message points and no one forces anyone to like a post.

And as for your piont about this being message/like farming:

It is the exact same as 'welcome to the forums', you are not punished for farming likes on one person's profile or on one thread, it's a forum wide assessment on whether your farming likes or not. If 6 people join the forums today, you will say welcome to the forums 6 times, on 6 different profiles. This doesn't mean it's any better than a few people saying pfp change or whatever on one person's profile. Again, rules like this are based on whether your farming likes across the forums, not on one person's profile.
How many times can you tell someone "welocme to the forums"??????
How many times can you tell someone "New pfp"

Again, if you can take consideration and actually read my post you would have already actually read this. Not once but twice.

I already debunked your argument
Again like I said above in this post
"These are one time things that only happen once or Yearly. That is entirely different than something that can happen daily or even Bi-Weekly.
A birthday happens once a year, while a new user to the forums only happens once to that user in the entire lifespan of that account."
These are one time things that only happen once or Yearly. That is entirely different than something that can happen daily or even Bi-Weekly.
A birthday happens once a year, while a new user to the forums only happens once to that user in the entire lifespan of that account.
How about before we disagree with someone immediately after you realize they disagree with you you look at their arguments?

It's really not constructive to do stuff like that and not a healthy mindset to think "I am right you are wrong, I don't care what you have to say"

BurntCrown8876

Nov 9, 2021
My Cat's Basket
allout.org
Pronouns
He/Him
For example, you just took a screenshot with Win+PrintScreen, which took a lot less work and hours compared to mine. I think my work looks absolutely amazing and I shared it in the Cubecraft Discord in the Creations channel. I never once posted it in my profile page on the forums.
There is other important things people are saying on their profiles rather than just a useless spammed message of "PfP changed"
I appreciate you did that, and lots of people do take screenshots of their skins, their pets, their art, themselves, and so on. Your pfp does look good, though. But what if you did spend ages creating a beautiful profile picture, and you want others to enjoy it, and let you know they like it?
What happens if the owner of the profile posted "pfp changed" and they just got a mass amount of reactions/replies from it boosting their forums stats?
They usually aren't intending for that to happen. It's people's choice, obviously, if they like or reply to it. The first message usually isn't intended to gather lots of feedback and reactions.
People find harassing others is fun. But that is against the rules. Don't you think that spamming a profile with "pfp change" could be hurtful to others and may overwhelm them from something so small and may even push them off the forums?
Cube is a lovely place, most people are not rude or harass. If they do, they will be dealt with in an appropriate way. Spamming "pfp change" could not be hurtful in my point of view. People can delete the message, then move on with their day.
What if I want others to reply to my posts, but not want to be spammed and then put through the hassle of deleting those messages?
Again, referencing back to my past post, you can delete it, or make only people you follow and you know won't spam it be able to message. If you want them to reply, yes, delete it. If you don't want to be put through the hassle, just put out a clear message on your profile stating you do not wish for people to message that.

• Agree
Reactions: solarxysm and Silco

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
How many times can you tell someone "welocme to the forums"??????
How many times can you tell someone "New pfp"

Again, if you can take consideration and actually read my post you would have already actually read this. Not once but twice.

I already debunked your argument

How about before we disagree with someone immediately after you realize they disagree with you you look at their arguments?

It's really not constructive to do stuff like that and not a healthy mindset to think "I am right you are wrong, I don't care what you have to say"
A lot of times, many people join the forums every day, and it's a huge amount of peoples birthdays everyday. People change their profile picture much less than people have birthdays and join the forums, and there's always people who welcome people to the forums and wish people a happy birthday

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
A lot of times, many people join the forums every day, and it's a huge amount of peoples birthdays everyday. People change their profile picture much less than people have birthdays and join the forums, and there's always people who welcome people to the forums and wish people a happy birthday
a person changing their pfp may change depending on how often they do it. You only join the forums once, you only have one birthday a year.
BUt posting PfP change can happen to the same person DAILY, not yearly or only a one time thing.

You can disable people from viewing your birthday as well.
Sure you can also change that on your profile page too, but that disables all comments in general. Not just a specific comment of "happy birthday" or "Welcome to the forums"

Both of which are a very rare and special occurrence to people.
Changing your pfp means absolutely nothing compared to a birthday.

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
I really dont think a rule like this is necessary, because it isn't any type of farming/spamming. This entire thread is extremely over-exaggerated, the latest profile posts section isn't "full" of these "pfp change" posts 24/7. MAYBE once or twice a day at most, and its literally people just being cheerful, it isn't negative or negatively affecting anyone, so why should there be a rule against it?

Going off of the arguments in this thread ALL profile posts would be punishable, because a simple "pfp change" is no different than someone going to their friend's profile and complementing them or saying hi. A lot of times you will see staff members sending random messages/sentences, emojis to other staff members, you'll even see this happen MORE often then people saying "pfp change". Its just people being nice and "being social" (betcha never heard of that before joke .) There isn't anything wrong with it, so there shouldn't be any rule against it.
"I PUt mOrE EfFoRT In My pFP tHEn You DiD"
I have no clue why you added that, useless argument, and outright disrespectful. Be nice please.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
"I PUt mOrE EfFoRT In My pFP tHEn You DiD"
I have no clue why you added that, useless argument, and outright disrespectful. Be nice please.
An argument made by the kid was “people put a lot of effort in their new pfp’s” whcih isn’t true. Majority of the people here took little to no effort at all to get their profile pic.

For example, yours looks like it was from that website that renders a skin in a preset pose, or the poster above mine which is just a funny image found online.

Matriox’s is just a banana found online and the other guys pfp is just a screenshot in game.
Those are not these “amazing accomplishments” like they are trying to argue.

I am not saying they have no meaning to that person, but their was no/little effort that person put in their profile picture. A few seconds compared to mine which took multiple hours not including the image rendering.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I wish not to further place myself in this discussion, but I would like to mention that this thread and its comments are going off-topic. So, please, let’s just stay true to the topic of this thread and not start a discussion like this. Such negativity really doesn’t have a place here. Just try to be nice and respect each other, please.

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
the way I see it is that it belongs in profile posts, but if its spammed then its spam and should be treated as such. not really much else to say here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom