Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I just thought of another thing that still hasn't been added. It has been escalated tho. The strikethrough suggestion. I'm sure there have been suggested more then once. But it's still haven't changed.

Link to thread

Reactions: Lilleh__

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
I just thought of another thing that still hasn't been added. It has been escalated tho. The strikethrough suggestion. I'm sure there have been suggested more then once. But it's still haven't changed.

Link to thread

Can understand why it hasn't been added.

1) No web dev
2) Such a small thing to worry about
3) Requires modification of Xenforo (addons) which can be complicated.

Would have been nice for a staff member to reply with something like this post though rather than me having to explain.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Can understand why it hasn't been added.

1) No web dev
2) Such a small thing to worry about
3) Requires modification of Xenforo (addons) which can be complicated.

Would have been nice for a staff member to reply with something like this post though rather than me having to explain.
While I was thinking about it and while I was writing it I was also thinking of possible reasons why and most of them were that it's not possible or really hard. I should have added it in my comment but that's kinda my point. They shouldn't have escalated it if it's not going to happen. Perhaps the person who escalated it didn't know that it's really hard to do but then someone else should've commented on it and removed the tag.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
While I was thinking about it and while I was writing it I was also thinking of possible reasons why and most of them were that it's not possible or really hard. I should have added it in my comment but that's kinda my point. They shouldn't have escalated it if it's not going to happen. Perhaps the person who escalated it didn't know that it's really hard to do but then someone else should've commented on it and removed the tag.

Most staff members don't really have experience with xenforo so they wouldn't have known.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Most staff members don't really have experience with xenforo so they wouldn't have known.
As I said the person who escalated it probably didn't know but then someone else should've pointed it out, someone like a developer, and removed the tag.

Reactions: Nikoshka
D

Deleted member 352903

I'm really really surprised that no staff replies to the 'Public criticism' thread anymore when the actual constructive criticism came, but instead makes memes in the meme thread.
^Gonna add something to the thread
Sometimes the staff just stops replying to threads, even though when members quote their posts and ask them to reply / give feedback. Example: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/rule-change.209427/
In this thread, the first reply by a staff member was posted on page 3. Johncoles said 4 reasons why he thought my suggestion shouldn't be implemented (I appreciate that, at least he gave feedback, etc.). Then, Sophie quoted his post and replied to johncoles' 4 reasons with a huge wall of text. She said 4 reasons why it should be implemented. And then, guess what? Quetzi replied and said "there are no reasons why this rule should be removed" without even reading the replies.
Johncoles seemed to ignore Sophie's post and didn't quote it, so I decided to tag and ask him to read her post (this and this). And then Buuuddy came and locked the thread with this reason: "There is no need to remove it so it won't be removed."
This was very frustating :/, the staff team just replied and forgot about the thread, without reading people's responses to their posts
and this has happened many times

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
That's kinda what I wanted the purpose of this forum to be for. The suggestions forum was to be for specific things like: Replace flower in lobby, add these style maps, autokit. The Criticism forum was meant to be for kinda changing management opinion on how they look at the server. For example, saying that they are doing something wrong in a broad way. EG: Don't copy games and re-implement them in minecraft. There's no real specific suggestion but it's more of a broad opinion.

So if I understand correctly, the reason you want this sub-forum is to have a place to suggest things specifically to management, and not necessarily for the server. For example, a post in criticism would be for John to answer more threads about future updates, or for Loony to talk more about what he's doing to improve Sentinel. These are still suggestions and should be treated as such.

I personally am a little frustrated with how little management and I reach out to the community. We tend to not announce things that are still in the works, and I would love to have the community more involved with updates before they're released, but unfortunately, there are some issues with that, and ultimately, it's not my decision; I just manage the staff team. I wish I had a bigger role in the decisions made and I really wish you, the community, had a larger role as well.

Unfortunately, as I've stated in past threads, we generally keep things under wraps for multiple reasons. Let's talk about Sentinel, for example. If we announce we've patched something that allowed a certain type of kill aura to work, developers of kill aura clients can narrow the fix down pretty easily based on the news thread. They see the changelog and say "Oh, I'll just change this one part of the code" and bam, kill aura's back. If we never announce when Sentinel is updated and what was changed, it makes it much harder for developers of cheat clients to keep up. It also doesn't help that we update something nearly every day, whether it's something minor like a small bypass fix to a new moderation tool. The "Other News" section would be 99% Loony posting things nobody understands or even cares about.

Let's talk games. I pitched a game idea years ago called Lunacy, which was a typical survival server with a twist: 5% of people are secretly werewolves that transform and go on a bloodthirsty rampage every full moon. We announce we're making it and it'll be done in 8 months. There's a ton of hype for it, everyone's excited, and then a competitor server rips off our idea and releases it two months before ours. They steal all the players hyped for Lunacy, and when we finally release ours, everyone's already bored of the one our competitor made, so no one plays it. We've just wasted 8 months for nothing. This has happened before and it is not a good thing for our network.

Now with that said, can management try and be more active in responding to things unlike the ones I discussed above? Definitely. I try to forward everything I think is good to the necessary people. The best thing you can do is to have a clear title with your idea explained succinctly. Ironically, this thread is a good example of a suggestion with a good title and clear idea. As you can see, if it's written well and your ideas are clearly expressed, you get answers from staff, management, devs, and myself.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Now with that said, can management try and be more active in responding to things unlike the ones I discussed above? Definitely. I try to forward everything I think is good to the necessary people. The best thing you can do is to have a clear title with your idea explained succinctly. Ironically, this thread is a good example of a suggestion with a good title and clear idea. As you can see, if it's written well and your ideas are clearly expressed, you get answers from staff, management, devs, and myself.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/lucky-island-elven-map-suggestion.210710/
Clear, small suggestion with a clear title. Overall positive feedback. 0 staff feedback.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/remember-gadget.209192/
Clear, small suggestion. Did get escalated, but like most escalated threads, is never heard of again.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/remove-this-from-the-daily-challenge.208907/
Controversial suggestion, no need to say anything about this.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/increase-loot-points-gotten-from-duplicates.208848/
Obvious suggestion with an obvious title. Huge support, even from staff members, but no actual feedback whether this would be implemented or not. Eventually died out.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/profile-message.208634/
Small, clear suggestions with overall positive feedback. No staff feedback.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/searching-suggestion.208586/
Probably the smallest suggestion ever. No need to say anything about this.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/lucky-island-suggestion.208338/
Controversial suggestion. No need to talk about it, clear reasons for and against the idea.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/can-we-please-fix-this.208161/
Suggestion I made in a rush, this did get implemented immediately however.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/multiple-polls.207445/
Clear reasons why this shouldn't be implemented.

These are all my recent suggestions. Some of them have received enough feedback from players to make it obvious it isn't needed, and all the good suggestions, WITH clear title and clear text and huge support did not / barely get any staff feedback. Only one thread got escalated, which did nothing.
These are only MY suggestions. I know there are countless more good, supported suggestions without good staff feedback. See my post before why the escalated tag misses it's point too.

I personally don't need more information about coming updates / Sentinel updates. Also, big suggestion threads don't need immediate feedback.
But these small, supported, argumented suggestions should get staff feedback, whether it be reasons not to implement this or just something that it will (might) be implemented. The escalated tags seems to do absolutely nothing.

When I made my forum account, I mainly wanted to participate in good discussions. When I saw a problem / potential change on the server or the forum, I made a suggestion about it.
Right now, I really don't care about it at all. I know if I make a suggestion, I am lucky if I actually get good staff feedback. And the highest I can get is an Escalated tag, which I have absolutely 0 trust in anymore.

Last edited:

Peace

Jul 13, 2018
Criticism by itself is not useful. Constructive criticism is good, this usually takes the form of pointing out a problem and suggesting possible better ways, i.e. suggestions. What you are asking for is a rant forum, so no, not happening.
Management itself is not useful. Useful management is good. Yet you're still here.

Bgr_

Mar 17, 2018
I think if anything, it would make sense to adjust forum rules for this. Not necessarily create an entirely new section for it.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
So if I understand correctly, the reason you want this sub-forum is to have a place to suggest things specifically to management, and not necessarily for the server. For example, a post in criticism would be for John to answer more threads about future updates, or for Loony to talk more about what he's doing to improve Sentinel. These are still suggestions and should be treated as such.

The criticism forum obviously isn't that great of an idea and I'll change the thread soon but I think that what we want is that people have more freedom of expression without threads being locked.
I wish they were treated as suggestions but a lot of the time, they just get locked. I'm sure other members can bring up examples.

I personally am a little frustrated with how little management and I reach out to the community. We tend to not announce things that are still in the works, and I would love to have the community more involved with updates before they're released, but unfortunately, there are some issues with that, and ultimately, it's not my decision; I just manage the staff team. I wish I had a bigger role in the decisions made and I really wish you, the community, had a larger role as well.

It's nice that you want to change it but it's management that must make the change rather than anyone else, otherwise Cubecraft is just going to continue to go downwards in playercount.

Unfortunately, as I've stated in past threads, we generally keep things under wraps for multiple reasons. Let's talk about Sentinel, for example. If we announce we've patched something that allowed a certain type of kill aura to work, developers of kill aura clients can narrow the fix down pretty easily based on the news thread. They see the changelog and say "Oh, I'll just change this one part of the code" and bam, kill aura's back. If we never announce when Sentinel is updated and what was changed, it makes it much harder for developers of cheat clients to keep up. It also doesn't help that we update something nearly every day, whether it's something minor like a small bypass fix to a new moderation tool. The "Other News" section would be 99% Loony posting things nobody understands or even cares about.

Let's talk games. I pitched a game idea years ago called Lunacy, which was a typical survival server with a twist: 5% of people are secretly werewolves that transform and go on a bloodthirsty rampage every full moon. We announce we're making it and it'll be done in 8 months. There's a ton of hype for it, everyone's excited, and then a competitor server rips off our idea and releases it two months before ours. They steal all the players hyped for Lunacy, and when we finally release ours, everyone's already bored of the one our competitor made, so no one plays it. We've just wasted 8 months for nothing. This has happened before and it is not a good thing for our network.

I understand that. It would be nice though to have more of a say in upcoming gamemodes. Maybe even announcing the gamemode upcoming release 1 month before it's actually done rather than 8 months. That way, competitors wouldn't be able to code the plugin quick enough to release it on their own network. I have other ideas for this and i'll try to give some in the future.

The only reason this thread got responses from management is because they strongly disagree with it and they'll do anything to calm the community down as the thread may escalate into a rant...
Suggestions which are actually really good ideas often get ignored. Can provide examples if needed on the weekend since rn i'm on my phone and it's too much effort to search for threads and paste them on mobile :P

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
I don't need to quote every post I read, just because I don't quote it doesn't mean I haven't read it. If you restate points that have already been addressed earlier in the thread, I won't then re-address those points again (they've already been answered). As an aside, running a network like this is very much like being Manager of a Football team in as much as every fan thinks they'd be able to do a better job of running the squad than the manager can. I'm glad you care as much about the server as we do, but claiming that I'm not reading your posts because I don't respond to your points specifically isn't helpful, make better points or don't repeat points that have already been answered.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
I don't need to quote every post I read, just because I don't quote it doesn't mean I haven't read it. If you restate points that have already been addressed earlier in the thread, I won't then re-address those points again (they've already been answered). As an aside, running a network like this is very much like being Manager of a Football team in as much as every fan thinks they'd be able to do a better job of running the squad than the manager can. I'm glad you care as much about the server as we do, but claiming that I'm not reading your posts because I don't respond to your points specifically isn't helpful, make better points or don't repeat points that have already been answered.
Except that point you already had addressed was the title.

Reactions: Deeds

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
TacosBeFriends said:
Ironically, this thread is a good example of a suggestion with a good title and clear idea. As you can see, if it's written well and your ideas are clearly expressed, you get answers from staff, management, devs, and myself.

Just to back up my point of what I said above,

Nikoshka said:
The only reason this thread got responses from management is because they strongly disagree with it and they'll do anything to calm the community down as the thread may escalate into a rant...
Suggestions which are actually really good ideas often get ignored.

What's interesting is that this idea, one which management will never add and are just responding to in order to calm the community has gotten a lot of management attention however, other ideas which are probably a lot better and are genuinely good ideas are just ignored:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/sentinel-appeals-change-the-way-they-are-handled.211699/ (Staff response from @Lezappen not even related to the thread. No responses from management)
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/chat-logs-better-chat-moderation.211726/ (Escalated by @Lezappen but no management feedback)
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/veto-vote-for-content-creators-youtubers.211905/ (Response from @Younisco but no feedback from management)
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/add-special-events-to-cubecraft-repost.212094/ (No management feedback except original thread being locked and a staff like from @warriors1976 )
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/a...k-player-stats-to-stats-cubecraft-net.212096/ (No staff feedback except by staff like from @Gainfullterror)

This thread, on the other hand, got 17 management/dev/admin responses! This idea obviously would never happen and I generally created the thread 50% because the suggestion may help improve communication and 50% to demonstrate that management doesn't respond to good ideas. But this thread does prove my point of how we feel as if we aren't listened to and why the community is annoyed.

Peace said:
Management itself is not useful. Useful management is good. Yet you're still here.
Peace said:
From what I've seen he does nothing but argue with players and pretend he's in charge so until I see something different, he does nothing.

That is a very ignorant statement.
Not every management member does public issues as there is a bigger picture for cubecraft (which by the way, is a company). There are many people working behind the scenes on projects which aren't visible to the public eye. Saying that a certain management member does nothing because they don't do much in public is just not true.

Last edited:

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Just to back up my point of what I said above,

What's interesting is that this idea, one which management will never add and are just responding to in order to calm the community has gotten a lot of management attention however, other ideas which are probably a lot better and are genuinely good ideas are just ignored:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/sentinel-appeals-change-the-way-they-are-handled.211699/ (Staff response from @Lezappen not even related to the topic at hand)
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/chat-logs-better-chat-moderation.211726/ (Escalated by @Lezappen but no management feedback)
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/veto-vote-for-content-creators-youtubers.211905/ (Response from @Younisco but no feedback from management)
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/add-special-events-to-cubecraft-repost.212094/ (No management feedback except original thread being locked and a staff like from @warriors1976 )
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/a...k-player-stats-to-stats-cubecraft-net.212096/ (No staff feedback except by staff like from @Gainfullterror)

This thread, on the other hand, got 17 management/dev/admin responses! This idea obviously would never happen and I generally created the thread 50% because the suggestion may help improve communication and 50% to demonstrate that management doesn't respond to good ideas. But this thread does prove my point of how we feel as if we aren't listened to and why the community is annoyed.
I'd like to add a suggestion which has been suggested some times but still hasn't gotten feedback from staff. Though Quetzi has replied but he replied to help another user.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/repost-suggestion-about-reports.211920/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/handle-reports-with-video-evidence.208043/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/suggestion-about-reports.204509/

Although I don't think the management team should reply on every suggestion they like, some suggestions do deserve more attention from staff or management.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything!
The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!
Top Bottom