Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
PUBLIC CRITICISM FORUM
First, let's get this cleared up:
Whats the difference between a suggestion and criticism?

A suggestion has a suggested outcome, whereas criticism does not.

If criticism does not have an outcome, why is it important?

Whilst one person may not have an outcome, another person may have one. This allows for the community to collaborate on ideas and come up with suggestions.
It also allows people to have to freedom to say what they want about Cubecraft so that staff members can take action to improve the server (if they have any ideas as to improve upon what was said in the criticism thread).

This forum will just be chaos!

This forum WILL need some forum-specific rules written by a staff member.
Rules such as 'Do not witch-hunt other members', etc.
Moderators can easily moderate this forum with specific rules in place.

What about the Staff Feedback forum?

1) Staff feedback is private. This is understandable as moderators are humans too and the backlash they can get from a single mistake is immense. The backlash should be as little as possible.
2) The 'Criticism' forum will allow public criticism regarding the
server and not only the staff team. Criticism can include something such as "The block wars team balancing system isn't really good. It should be replaced by another system but I can't think of any system that could potentially replace it.". This allows the community to collaborate on ideas for the server and give their own opinions.

Pros of this idea:

1) It allows community collaboration of ideas, as mentioned earlier in the post.
2) It keeps all criticism in one place. (EG: All #CubecraftRevolution stuff can go in criticism)
3) Criticism now won't clog up the Suggestions section which is meant for suggested outcomes to criticism.
4) It'll give Cubecraft good reputation as it'll show that Cube truly does listen to criticism.
5) It'll allow for free speech on Cubecraft without the fear of getting a thread locked because there's no valid outcome in the thread.
6) Management and staff will know exactly what they need to improve on. They can come up with ideas on how to improve if they wish.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
PUBLIC CRITICISM FORUM
First, let's get this cleared up:

Whilst one person may not have an outcome, another person may have one. This allows for the community to collaborate on ideas and come up with suggestions.
It also allows people to have to freedom to say what they want about Cubecraft so that staff members can take action to improve the server (if they have any ideas as to improve upon what was said in the criticism thread).

What about the Staff Feedback forum?

1) Staff feedback is private. This is understandable as moderators are humans too and the backlash they can get from a single mistake is immense. The backlash should be as little as possible.
2) The 'Criticism' forum will allow public criticism regarding the
server and not only the staff team. Criticism can include something such as "The block wars team balancing system isn't really good. It should be replaced by another system but I can't think of any system that could potentially replace it.". This allows the community to collaborate on ideas for the server and give their own opinions.

Pros of this idea:

1) It allows community collaboration of ideas, as mentioned earlier in the post.
2) It keeps all criticism in one place. (EG: All #CubecraftRevolution stuff can go in criticism)
3) Criticism now won't clog up the Suggestions section which is meant for suggested outcomes to criticism.
4) It'll give Cubecraft good reputation as it'll show that Cube truly does listen to criticism.
5) It'll allow for free speech on Cubecraft without the fear of getting a thread locked because there's no valid outcome in the thread.
6) Management and staff will know exactly what they need to improve on. They can come up with ideas on how to improve if they wish.
How good would this be?

But in all honesty, CubeCraft doesn't seem to accept criticism in the first place, I doubt they would make a forum section such as this.
But criticism is immensely important for any Minecraft server and accepting and, using it to improve is what is crucial. If Cube learned to do that in the past, they wouldn't be where they are today. I think this section would be a great addition, but I also feel it's too late. Even criticism and heavy improvements won't change the course of CubeCraft now.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Criticism by itself is not useful. Constructive criticism is good, this usually takes the form of pointing out a problem and suggesting possible better ways, i.e. suggestions. What you are asking for is a rant forum, so no, not happening.
It'd only be used as a rant forum by those who don't know what criticism is. For example, there are ppl who think "you're cancer" is criticism.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Criticism by itself is not useful.

Criticism by itself is definitely useful. It points out errors and allows collaboration on feedback.
It's a shame you can't see the use of criticism by itself as it would really really improve Cubecraft.

Also,
Nikoshka said:

Quetzi said:
Constructive criticism is good, this usually takes the form of pointing out a problem and suggesting possible better ways, i.e. suggestions.

One person may dislike something about Cubecraft however, they don't have anything in mind as to how it can be improved. Another person may have a way to combat that problem. With this new forum, criticism can take place, however, it must be a build up of ideas and not any rant or whatnot.

Quetzi said:
What you are asking for is a rant forum, so no, not happening.

Rants show that the community is upset and annoyed. Whenever we make a thread with criticism, it is locked with a mediocre response usually and therefore it feels as if the community is not being listened to, which is why the community starts ranting.
Considering that the community is what you are making money off of, so I do believe you should at least listen to them when they are annoyed at something.

Also,
Nikoshka said:

Anyways, even if it is a rant forum, wouldn't that be a good thing?
Cubecraft wouldn't receive negative reputation for "not listening to criticism" when they delete or lock a rant thread. It can just be kept open in the Criticism forum.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I personally feel like the suggestions forum is the right place to do constructively criticise the server. This is where you can “collaborate” with other forum members on ideas and refine them down.

If there is criticism that you want to make, then the suggestions forum is definitely the place to do it. Normally, a suggestion is implied in criticisms that people make. For example; someone criticising the servers “poor anticheat” would imply that you want more development on the anticheat.

I feel like criticism should come with a suggestion attached to it though - aimlessly screaming “PLZ FIX” or “DO THIS” without a suggested solution could do no use, as we may be aware of some problems, just unsure about how to approach fixing it.

I can understand what you mean by this forum though - it allows for organisational purposes of the forums, and can allow for a more open relationship with the community. However, if there is another forum open which we have to check for feedback, instead of having one place which we can, rather reliably, scour for feedback, then its redundant.

I just feel like it won’t be used for what you want it to be used for. Instead, it’ll just become a “suggestions forum 2.0”, so to speak.

HAHAHA. Not the first time something like this has happened!! Just shows that they aren't willing to take constructive criticism in the first place.

Constructive criticism is important, and is taken seriously. During recent projects, we’ve taken a lot of feedback from the community to make the game better. Take Battle Zone - the map changing, additional weapons and changed mechanics were all made due to community-requested feedback and suggestions. Sure, they may have happened very quickly, but it still is taken into consideration. Let’s not turn a blind eye to the efforts that the team actually makes and become irrational.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ

So if I understand correctly, you want to bring up a problem, but not pose a solution in the hopes that someone else comes up with one? I don't really see how this is different from a normal suggestion other than the poster not actually having a suggestion and relying on others to make the suggestion for them.

Again, I just don't see how this is any different from a normal suggestion. You can say whatever you want about the server already as long as you're not violating any rules.

We already don't allow users to "witch-hunt" people. We consider this cyberbullying and we do not tolerate this.

2) The 'Criticism' forum will allow public criticism regarding the server and not only the staff team. Criticism can include something such as "The block wars team balancing system isn't really good. It should be replaced by another system but I can't think of any system that could potentially replace it.". This allows the community to collaborate on ideas for the server and give their own opinions.
Once again, this is a suggestion and can be put in the suggestions forum. This does not need a specific sub-forum.

So does the suggestions sub-forum.

A. The people behind the Cubecraft Revolution thing aren't here to have civil discussions; they're here because some youtubers told them to be.
B. Their posts are suggestions. They're dumb suggestions with no actual thought put into them (Buy a new anti-cheat? Seriously?), but they're suggestions.
C. It's all just spam anyway, so it really doesn't belong anywhere at all.

Criticism now won't clog up the Suggestions section which is meant for suggested outcomes to criticism.
Why bother criticizing something without trying to get it fixed? It's almost as if you just want a sub-forum so you can complain about things, not so you can actually try to improve the server.

It'll give Cubecraft good reputation as it'll show that Cube truly does listen to criticism.
We already have something that shows we listen to criticism/new ideas: the escalated/implemented tags. Look at how many things got fixed/changed because users complained and showed their displeasure at something on the server. I alone suggested the server-wide leveling system, cubelets, removal of the big lobby sign from 2014, and the Wild West H&S map before I was even staff, and they all got implemented. If you make a good suggestion, it gets looked at.

It'll allow for free speech on Cubecraft without the fear of getting a thread locked because there's no valid outcome in the thread.
This has nothing to do with free speech. Just make a thread that has a valid point and it won't get locked. Just writing "Make cube better" does nothing for us. Think before you write a suggestion and it will get an actual answer instead of a lock.

Management and staff will know exactly what they need to improve on. They can come up with ideas on how to improve if they wish.
No, we won't, because the premise of your thread is that there's no specific outcome, just criticism. You need to suggest a change of action for us to know what you want. Let me put it like this:

You're the mayor of New York City and the crime rate is through the roof. You have no idea what to do, so you turn to the citizens for suggestions. They don't suggest any specific course of action though. They don't suggest increasing taxes to fund the police. They don't suggest government programs to assist the poor that have no choice but crime to survive. They don't suggest installing security cameras in public areas as deterrents to criminals. They just say "make the crime stop." You as the mayor could easily do one of the things I listed above, but for whatever reason, those don't cross your mind. Your idea instead is to poison the water supply, killing everyone in the city.

You did *technically* stop crime, since criminals need to be alive to commit crime, but the citizenry is not too pleased about the outcome. You're clearly not thinking correctly about how to address the situation, but when no proper suggestion is made to alter your way of thinking, all you can do is continue on the way you're going and hope it sorts itself out.

You NEED to write an actual suggestion instead of just mindlessly complaining, because nothing will change if you don't put any thought into what you're fighting for.

TL;DR: Your suggestion is basically to scream into the void and hope someone screams back with a good idea. Instead of this, I recommend talking to your fellow community members, thinking things over, and then once you've come up with a solution to the perceived issue, post a suggestion thread.

For the reading-challenged, here is a meme:

unknown.png

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
You NEED to write an actual suggestion instead of just mindlessly complaining, because nothing will change if you don't put any thought into what you're fighting for.

TL;DR: Your suggestion is basically to scream into the void and hope someone screams back with a good idea. Instead of this, I recommend talking to your fellow community members, thinking things over, and then once you've come up with a solution to the perceived issue, post a suggestion thread.

unknown.png
You've got it all backwards. I complain because the suggestions we make get ignored so hard. See my first post on this thread. And no, "change a flower in this lobby", "add this emoji" or "change this chatline" is not a good example of suggestions being listened to.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
So if I understand correctly, you want to bring up a problem, but not pose a solution in the hopes that someone else comes up with one? I don't really see how this is different from a normal suggestion other than the poster not actually having a suggestion and relying on others to make the suggestion for them.

Again, I just don't see how this is any different from a normal suggestion. You can say whatever you want about the server already as long as you're not violating any rules.

We already don't allow users to "witch-hunt" people. We consider this cyberbullying and we do not tolerate this.

Once again, this is a suggestion and can be put in the suggestions forum. This does not need a specific sub-forum.

So does the suggestions sub-forum.

A. The people behind the Cubecraft Revolution thing aren't here to have civil discussions; they're here because some youtubers told them to be.
B. Their posts are suggestions. They're dumb suggestions with no actual thought put into them (Buy a new anti-cheat? Seriously?), but they're suggestions.
C. It's all just spam anyway, so it really doesn't belong anywhere at all.

Why bother criticizing something without trying to get it fixed? It's almost as if you just want a sub-forum so you can complain about things, not so you can actually try to improve the server.

We already have something that shows we listen to criticism/new ideas: the escalated/implemented tags. Look at how many things got fixed/changed because users complained and showed their displeasure at something on the server. I alone suggested the server-wide leveling system, cubelets, removal of the big lobby sign from 2014, and the Wild West H&S map before I was even staff, and they all got implemented. If you make a good suggestion, it gets looked at.

This has nothing to do with free speech. Just make a thread that has a valid point and it won't get locked. Just writing "Make cube better" does nothing for us. Think before you write a suggestion and it will get an actual answer instead of a lock.

No, we won't, because the premise of your thread is that there's no specific outcome, just criticism. You need to suggest a change of action for us to know what you want. Let me put it like this:

You're the mayor of New York City and the crime rate is through the roof. You have no idea what to do, so you turn to the citizens for suggestions. They don't suggest any specific course of action though. They don't suggest increasing taxes to fund the police. They don't suggest government programs to assist the poor that have no choice but crime to survive. They don't suggest installing security cameras in public areas as deterrents to criminals. They just say "make the crime stop." You as the mayor could easily do one of the things I listed above, but for whatever reason, those don't cross your mind. Your idea instead is to poison the water supply, killing everyone in the city.

You did *technically* stop crime, since criminals need to be alive to commit crime, but the citizenry is not too pleased about the outcome. You're clearly not thinking correctly about how to address the situation, but when no proper suggestion is made to alter your way of thinking, all you can do is continue on the way you're going and hope it sorts itself out.

unknown.png

After reading your response, I do see your point in why this forum is not necessary.
The reason I suggest this forum is because, we as a community, do not feel as if we are heard when there's something that goes against Management opinion.
If management disagree, then suddenly the suggestions gets denied. Not because it's not feasible or whatnot, because they don't like it and they won't implement it. Management then denies, doesn't read or locks the suggestion.

A few examples:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/dis-is-not-da-wae.203186/ (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/this-is-not-the-way-to-find-gem-suggestions.203429/)
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cubecraft-problems.209389/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cubecraft-appeals-prioritisation-and-more.211358/
(Idk what's the link of this thread but I remember one about alt accounts being allowed where the majority of the community agreed but management didn't like the idea and just denied it)
I've been away from the community and I'm not 100% sure of the most recent threads. If any community member has any which they'd like to share, feel free to. However, I do believe this is why the community believes thefact

That's because the rest of the suggested things are stuff that needs massive time investment and we can't add with the snap of our fingers like people want us to.

Yes but why are games such as Battle Zone being received 7 updates when nobody asked for it. Why develop a game which is just a rip off of another one. If someone wanted to play fortnite, they would buy fortnite.
I would create a thread in a 'criticism' forum about this since it doesn't really have a specific outcome like "do this or do that". It contains broad suggestions on what Cube should not consider in developing games. However, generally these types of broad suggestions get ignored or locked.
Spend more time coming up with and developing games which are unique and MINECRAFT. No guns or texture packs, classic swords and blocks.

TacosBeFriends said:
I alone suggested the server-wide leveling system, cubelets, removal of the big lobby sign from 2014, and the Wild West H&S map before I was even staff, and they all got implemented

Wasn't that the time where Cubecraft built up to the number 30, 000 players online consecutively :thinking:????

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
But when we make a suggestion about something that bothers us and everyone agrees on it, and only staff doesn't, lock.

Reactions: Deeds and Lilleh__
D

Deleted member 352903

That's because the rest of the suggested things are stuff that needs massive time investment and we can't add with the snap of our fingers like people want us to.
Auto-kit feature? <- it's been suggested many times, and hasn't been implemented yet
Play again option? <- it took ages to be implemented
"it's difficult to implement and it takes time" - I've seen some no-premium servers with less than 15 players and an auto-kit feature... is it that difficult to add?

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Auto-kit feature? <- it's been suggested many times, and hasn't been implemented yet
Play again option? <- it took ages to be implemented
"it's difficult to implement and it takes time" - I've seen some no-premium servers with less than 15 players and an auto-kit feature... is it that difficult to add?
Talking about the majority, there are a lot of suggestions. We usually have to finish up the other things that have been worked on for months before doing that, also we need developers who are available.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
He knows that.. But he just points it out. If he didn't one of staff's arguments would've been ''No thanks then people will witch hunt''

I agree that it's not supposed to be for suggestions where people just don't have an solution for, but what about rants? If we make a rant, with or without 'witchhunt' it gets locked. This mostly happens in suggestions. When someone makes a suggestion about things that bother them, and people are disucssing about why this is right and why not it gets locked.
A few months ago CommunistCactus made a thread which indeed involved a witch hunt. But it also had *a lot* of good points about other things. Instead of focusing on those, the thread got locked for witch hunting. Why? Why lock it? They could've easily removed that part of the thread and gave as explaination ''Please, no witch hunting.'' so everyone could start focusing on that part of the thread.. (I'm talking about this thread)
Another thing about the ''witch hunting'': I get that it's not allowed. But, even if it's in a conversation, or in Discord P.M/D.M's and we would've explained our opinions, nothing would've changed. They would've just turned us down because imagine having to accept your wrong. And before you yell at me I indeed don't know if that is actually the reason, but then explain it. Explain why. If you just turn us down and lock all of our threads we're thinking you're trying to not talk about it because you don't want to accept your wrong.

We already have something that shows we listen to criticism/new ideas: the escalated/implemented tags. Look at how many things got fixed/changed because users complained and showed their displeasure at something on the server.
:thinking:
Arcade.. Auto Kit.. Play Again.. (I know this got added but let's be real it took a very long time.)
Yes I understand developing takes time but this has been suggested for so long and so many times and it's still not looked at.
And don't even get me started on locking threads that have already been escalated because some people still want to share their opinions or have new ideas that would maybe improve it. But no..

Talking about the majority, there are a lot of suggestions. We usually have to finish up the other things that have been worked on for months before doing that, also we need developers who are available.
I'm a 100% sure that Spuuuni understands that developing takes time. But some of the first auto kit suggestions go back a few years and I doubt it takes that long. And before you throw the ''We have other things to develop either'' at my face: Like what? Making a 5th Battle Zone update? Or removing the good ol arcade and replacing it with a weird new not as fun arcade.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
But when one update's finished, surely there are devs and time available to code our suggestions? Yes, but the time it'd take to code them goes by and we still don't get it bc the devs were made to code what management wants. All management give us is what they like and want, without any thought what the community wants.

Reactions: HurmitCurtis
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Tripleee wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
I love the mix of the spring and birthday lobby. Wish it lasted longer than a week.
IMG_5318.png
Top Bottom