• Total voters

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Okay, this might be one of them, but I feel like we need to do something about this topic since it’s pretty annoying.

Every week I see many suggestions about things like bow spamming and other kind of common topics.

This doen’t bother new people, but the active forum members and staff members see this every week.

I don’t want these suggestions to be punshable, but I want staff to close them instantly and allow people to report them in staff-help to lock them.

I’m not gonna name topics that I want to be locked, ‘cause people might disagree. Staff will name the topics if this gets escalated.

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
Usually, people that report this are somehow new to the game either from bedrock or java so is kinda understandable point of view, best we could do is advise them to research if the topic they want to talk about has not been suggested before they make a thread

Totally agree with this. Personally I hate the "bedrock add 1v1 bridges" threads because you can literally see them already exist underneath the titel "similar threads".
this is exactly what I mean

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I really don't agree. The people making these suggestions are innocent. They often have just joined the forums and don't understand it's workings yet. Therefore they don't know how to see if something has been suggested before. They just want to share their idea and don't realise that many others have thought the same thing. Punishing them would be unfair and it also wouldn't solve the problem as new members wouldn't know that it's punishable, so they would still make the thread before getting punished for breaking a rule they didn't know excisted.

Upon that I don't see a big problem in those threads being created. I personally don't mind reacting to them and explaining that it has been suggested many times before and isn't a good idea. If you do mind it, just don't read the thread and do something else.

There is no big deal in this for me.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I really don't agree. The people making these suggestions are innocent. They often have just joined the forums and don't understand it's workings yet. Therefore they don't know how to see if something has been suggested before. They just want to share their idea and don't realise that many others have thought the same thing. Punishing them would be unfair and it also wouldn't solve the problem as new members wouldn't know that it's punishable, so they would still make the thread before getting punished for breaking a rule they didn't know excisted.

Upon that I don't see a big problem in those threads being created. I personally don't mind reacting to them and explaining that it has been suggested many times before and isn't a good idea. If you do mind it, just don't read the thread and do something else.

There is no big deal in this for me.
Staff can explain why they locked the thread and tell them to look at older threads.

Since indeed many of these people are new to the forums, it shouldn’t be punishable.
Can you add a poll?
Done.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Ooh I see you edited it to lock instead of punish. Locking the threads with a brief explanation why they're locked seems like a good idea to me. But I also wouldn't mind if the threads are not locked. If you don't want to see them you could also just not read them.
I never said I wanted to punish them.

I don’t want these suggestions to be punshable, but I want staff to close them instantly and allow people to report them in staff-help to lock them.

And about not reading them. I’m someone (like a lot of other people) who loves watching and reading suggestions. Therefore I constantly look at this subforum and it’s annoying if there are a lot of common topic’s which already have been answers a million times.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I never said I wanted to punish them.
Oh sorry my bad, I thought you suggested to punish them.
And about not reading them. I’m someone (like a lot of other people) who loves watching and reading suggestions. Therefore I constantly look at this subforum and it’s annoying if there are a lot of common topic’s which already have been answers a million times.
But with this addition this won't change. The threads will still be made every time so you will still have to see them everytime, the only change is that they will be locked every time.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Oh sorry my bad, I thought you suggested to punish them.

But with this addition this won't change. The threads will still be made every time so you will still have to see them everytime, the only change is that they will be locked every time.
They can be deleted instead then.
Locking the threads then also prevents people from essentially messaging and like farming by posting the same reply that was sent by the past 20 people.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Well, I don't agree. For me you have to be free what you can post, and with that I mean appropriate things ofcourse. For example "Bow spamming". Indeed, you see a lot of people who hate to be bowspammed and try to get it stopped. So they just try to suggest it on the forums and they created a solution. Most of the time, nothing happens which is okay for me. What @Maaarijn said above, I agree with him and I see a lot of forum users don't really know how it works, same happened to me when I joined. They already lock it when it got posted about the same topic. About punishing them though, like, they already get a warning.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
About punishing them though, like, they already get a warning.
I Don’t want them punished, because they don’t know it’s a common topic. But we can let them know it’s one and then tell them they should check out older threads. They won’t get other kind of responses then the older ones, so why shouldn’t we lock them?

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
I very much understand that it's annoying if there are a lot of the same threads, but those threads are there for people to share their opinions on things and there might come some really good things out of it.

People should be able to start discussing things about for example Blockwars Bridges or 1v1 duels on bedrock without their thread getting locked just because there are tons of the same threads about it. I don't feel like this is how the forums should work and giving them a brief description of us locking their thread because there are tons of the same threads about it already might make them feel like they did something wrong which they absolutely didn't.

Again, I understand that it's annoying but I don't agree with locking them instantly.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I very much understand that it's annoying if there are a lot of the same threads, but those threads are there for people to share their opinions on things and there might come some really good things out of it.

People should be able to start discussing things about for example Blockwars Bridges or 1v1 duels on bedrock without their thread getting locked just because there are tons of the same threads about it. I don't feel like this is how the forums should work and giving them a brief description of us locking their thread because there are tons of the same threads about it already might make them feel like they did something wrong which they absolutely didn't.

Again, I understand that it's annoying but I don't agree with locking them instantly.

If there is an active thread on the same or close to same subject why not reply to an active thread? Making another seems pointless and unnecessary. Also again, a lot of thread sometimes struggle to get attention cause there are so many duplicates. If we focused on one instead of multiple maybe more good ideas would be implemented and more ideas would be focused on.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

People should be able to start discussions. But in that case feedback & suggestions isn’t the right place to do so.

Reactions: InkAsriel
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom