Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Ok so, I've been thinking about making my own texture pack edit from the BitBetter 1.11.
I didn't like several of the changes in the latest installments of the resource pack, for example the stone bricks, the mob eyes and other stuffs.

So after deciding what to change I decided to look for some add-ons styled resourcepacks so I also found out about a special Optifine kinda thingy? That lets you change the way an item looks based on its amount, and special tags.
For example, enchantment books look different and stackable items are now shown as multiple sprites together when in item form in groups of 5/3 items.

An example of this is Vaderman24's stackable items resource pack.
Showcase by LogDotZip:

Now, I'm really interested in the enchanted books textures, but not in the rest of the pack, so I thought about editing the pack myself to design my own sprites for individual enchanted books.

What I'm wondering is how he did such a thing with the sprites, changing based on the tags.
Where can I find information and files about that in the resourcepack? How can I extract the books files from the pack so I can have them as a separate pack from the stackable items one.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
It should be in the "items" folder in the resource pack folder. Go open the pack -> textures -> items, and look for the books. It SHOULD be there, but not entirely sure.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
It should be in the "items" folder in the resource pack folder. Go open the pack -> textures -> items, and look for the books. It SHOULD be there, but not entirely sure.
I'm pretty sure that's where you find the "global" texture for the book, not the tags-related ones... I'll check anyway.
There's no texture folder whatsoever. Only an mcpatcher.
Oh, turns out, I found out where the mcpatcher texture files are. I'll try and export them as a separate texture pack, I'll see how it goes.

Reactions: Younisco

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
Ok so, I've been thinking about making my own texture pack edit from the BitBetter 1.11.
I didn't like several of the changes in the latest installments of the resource pack, for example the stone bricks, the mob eyes and other stuffs.

So after deciding what to change I decided to look for some add-ons styled resourcepacks so I also found out about a special Optifine kinda thingy? That lets you change the way an item looks based on its amount, and special tags.
For example, enchantment books look different and stackable items are now shown as multiple sprites together when in item form in groups of 5/3 items.

An example of this is Vaderman24's stackable items resource pack.
Showcase by LogDotZip:

Now, I'm really interested in the enchanted books textures, but not in the rest of the pack, so I thought about editing the pack myself to design my own sprites for individual enchanted books.

What I'm wondering is how he did such a thing with the sprites, changing based on the tags.
Where can I find information and files about that in the resourcepack? How can I extract the books files from the pack so I can have them as a separate pack from the stackable items one.

Can't wait to see your texture pack. Also I hate you for the subject of the thread :/
I am ocd about spelling XD

Reactions: Ping Ether

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Good luck Ping! Send nu- I mean screenshots
Whatwhitowhot dude what the hell
Also, for anybody wondering (@DarkWolf_27 I was able to get the textures out of the pack. I will start making the sprites today, and I'll see how it goes. I really like Vaderman's concept, but his sprites are improvable, which is what I'll try to do now. Then, we'll see.

Golapagos

Novice Member
Jan 14, 2017
Atlantis, The Ocean
Whatwhitowhot dude what the hell
Also, for anybody wondering (@DarkWolf_27 I was able to get the textures out of the pack. I will start making the sprites today, and I'll see how it goes. I really like Vaderman's concept, but his sprites are improvable, which is what I'll try to do now. Then, we'll see.
Hahahaha i really do want screenshots of the texture pack

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Critly wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday, enjoy your day! :)
Dreamer wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Dreamer wrote on xNessus's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Thunder wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!