Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ProfParzival

May 6, 2019
London, UK
www.youtube.com
I previously posted a thread asking that support for 1.16.100 was not dropped and whilst I didn't get any responses from devs or staff I understand that they have many reasons for not replying and that's cool.

Time is moving on and whilst most players are now on newer versions of MC unfortunately a small subset of us are still on 1.16.100 for various reasons. My reason is that Mojang pretty much nerfed MC for VR users in many ways in 1.16.200 and from what I can tell they they're yet to redress the issues. Other players have issues with GPUs or have PCs that for a number of reasons have very low framerates with latter versions of MC so those players too have dropped back to 1.16.100. Doing so isn't too difficult in Bedrock, but is certainly not simple so I'd guess that 90%+ of Cubecraft players are now on newer versions of MC.

I guess I'm not asking that Cubecraft keep supporting 1.16.100 forever or at the expense of the majority, but just that maybe you could give us some warning if you're thinking of dropping support for 1.16.100. For me 1.16.200 may well mean that I'll stop playing (it's just too broken) but for others warning might mean they get time to invest in a new PC or GPU that can support latter versions OK.

Thx and keep up the good work... Cubecraft is the best server by far.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
They might. I asked the staff because I also have weird issues with 1.16.200... The staff said that renderdragon will let them make better models and gives them more opportunities to make things in game - but to use renderdragon they will have to drop support for 1.16.100.
That's extremely interesting... The second most played version in PvP circles is 1.16.100 and the third most is 1.16.40. Removing support for those versions wouldn't be a popular decision, unless the benefits of RenderDragon are amazing.

La J

Novice Member
Mar 21, 2021
Italiaaa
They might. I asked the staff because I also have weird issues with 1.16.200... The staff said that renderdragon will let them make better models and gives them more opportunities to make things in game - but to use renderdragon they will have to drop support for 1.16.100.
Same here in this new versions I’m starting to see a lot of bugs, I made like 4 reports in 10 mins, I’m not sure if it’s cause of update but I never had some issues like player stuck in his cage while everyone is playing lol.
P.s haha I never thought I would’ve see u here in cubecraft posts btw ur rlly cool as YouTuber, I’m watching u since 2019 and u just an incredible guy so keep up the good work :)

Reactions: ProfParzival

ProfParzival

May 6, 2019
London, UK
www.youtube.com
1627500290258.png

Oh well... I guess I can only really go and play other servers as I doubt Microsoft have fixed VR yet and now that cube have dropped support for 1.16.X can no longer get on :-( RIP

juliusvdl

Apr 5, 2020
Rotterdam
I previously posted a thread asking that support for 1.16.100 was not dropped and whilst I didn't get any responses from devs or staff I understand that they have many reasons for not replying and that's cool.

Time is moving on and whilst most players are now on newer versions of MC unfortunately a small subset of us are still on 1.16.100 for various reasons. My reason is that Mojang pretty much nerfed MC for VR users in many ways in 1.16.200 and from what I can tell they they're yet to redress the issues. Other players have issues with GPUs or have PCs that for a number of reasons have very low framerates with latter versions of MC so those players too have dropped back to 1.16.100. Doing so isn't too difficult in Bedrock, but is certainly not simple so I'd guess that 90%+ of Cubecraft players are now on newer versions of MC.

I guess I'm not asking that Cubecraft keep supporting 1.16.100 forever or at the expense of the majority, but just that maybe you could give us some warning if you're thinking of dropping support for 1.16.100. For me 1.16.200 may well mean that I'll stop playing (it's just too broken) but for others warning might mean they get time to invest in a new PC or GPU that can support latter versions OK.

Thx and keep up the good work... Cubecraft is the best server by far.
I saw your previous thread from a couple months ago earlier. The foreshadowing.

• Sad
Reactions: ProfParzival

JMcStarrison

Novice Member
Sep 27, 2020
Canada
Pronouns
He/Him
Well that’s odd because I haven’t been noticing any lag since they “dropped” the update, but I feel bad for the people who struggle to play CubeCraft smoothly.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom