Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

/playtime command and/or restricted rewards?

• Yes, include /playtime command but no restricted rewards

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Yes, include both /playtime command and restricted rewards

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No, don't include these

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Today I suggest a game mechanic from another place.

Suggestion
Add a /playtime command. When a player uses this command, he/she is given the amount of time he/she has spent playing on the server (does not count AFKing in lobbies) for that day. The timer is reset at the end of the day (defaults to GMT+2, same as when daily challenges are reset).

Because the majority of our players are young and are students, gaming can affect the time of the player. Too much gaming can lead to addiction, in turn affecting schoolwork and health. For this reason, it is best we reduce the rewards based on the amount of time played. This reduction does not apply to achievements or daily challenges.

First 3 hours of play: 100% EXP and points, normal chance of cubelet (let's say the chance is 10%)
Next 2 hours of play: 50% EXP and points, halved chance of cubelet (this means the new cubelet chance is 5%)
Over 5 hours of play: 0% EXP and points, 0% chance of cubelet

As stated earlier, at the end of the day (0:00 server time of the next day), the amount of time spent on the server is reset to 0 hours, thus the player can play up to 5 hours again until 0% rewards.

Examples

In Vietnamese
upload_2017-9-22_2-24-49.png

Translated from Vietnamese to English using Google Translate:
upload_2017-9-22_2-24-30.png

Suppose we have a player who logs on at 3AM server time and plays 3 hours until 6AM. When he types /playtime, /playtime will tell the player that he has played the server and the % of the rewards. In this example, it will display "playtime: 3 hours, 0 minutes, and 0 seconds, 50% EXP and points, halved chance of cubelet." Relogging will not reset /playtime. So, if he logs off and relogs at 8AM, /playtime will still show that he's played for 3 hours, 0 minutes, and 0 seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoebelpro

someone1234567890

May 6, 2016
Today I suggest a game mechanic from another place.

Suggestion
Add a /playtime command. When a player uses this command, he/she is given the amount of time he/she has spent playing on the server (does not count AFKing in lobbies) for that day. The timer is reset at the end of the day (defaults to GMT+2, same as when daily challenges are reset).

Because the majority of our players are young and are students, gaming can affect the time of the player. Too much gaming can lead to addiction, in turn affecting schoolwork and health. For this reason, it is best we reduce the rewards based on the amount of time played. This reduction does not apply to achievements or daily challenges.

First 3 hours of play: 100% EXP and points, normal chance of cubelet (let's say the chance is 10%)
Next 2 hours of play: 50% EXP and points, halved chance of cubelet (this means the new cubelet chance is 5%)
Over 5 hours of play: 0% EXP and points, 0% chance of cubelet

As stated earlier, at the end of the day (0:00 server time of the next day), the amount of time spent on the server is reset to 0 hours, thus the player can play up to 5 hours again until 0% rewards.

Examples

In Vietnamese
View attachment 137830
Translated from Vietnamese to English using Google Translate:
View attachment 137829

Suppose we have a player who logs on at 3AM server time and plays 3 hours until 6AM. When he types /playtime, /playtime will tell the player that he has played the server and the % of the rewards. In this example, it will display "playtime: 3 hours, 0 minutes, and 0 seconds, 50% EXP and points, halved chance of cubelet." Relogging will not reset /playtime. So, if he logs off and relogs at 8AM, /playtime will still show that he's played for 3 hours, 0 minutes, and 0 seconds.
I agree! I will like that!

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Wait what?!
Shouldn't we encourage players to play more instead of less? Also I'm pretty sure there are people who are responsible and do know when to stop playing on the server.
Yes, but we don't want our future to suffer because of the game. Players will still enjoy it the same as befkre but we understand that real life comes first before games.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I don't think there're people who don't think there's an outside of their house and that's why I don't think this is needed. People know when to stop with gaming.

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
I don't like this Idea. I'm a student and plays a lot (more then 5h). I am still doing good in school and is one of the best in school. I don't see why ppl can't take responsibility for their schoolwork. Or their parents can help them to slove it in their own way. I don't think cubecraft should take that responsibility.

Cactus Awex

Novice Member
Mar 6, 2017
Manchester, Wigan
www.google.com
Nah, some people may have addiction problems blah blah blah, but most of us just wanna play the damn game. Adding this would mean having to leave for a day so we can make progress (Becuase everyone for some bizarre reasons HAS to put their level in a signature).

-1 Unsibcribed ima make an exposed vid on u tnvutbv8uthv87thv8thv8hb (not really, I feel sad I need to point that out because there will be one idiot, I know it, who takes it seriously and replies with U cant sub on dis u idiotz)

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
I'm up if it can be toggled on/off. I won't like it if it's always on, so just a command to see how much time you've spent in the session is kinda helpful yeah. No restricted rewards, though. That would make grinders angry.

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
No reputable server is going to encourage its player-base to spend less time playing its games. All these "students" will do once they reach the two hour mark, is go play the next server.

Though, if you're struggling to break your addiction, simply ask a staff member to ban you for a week.
Haha, good idea xD

SavFun

Jan 18, 2017
Cubecraft would never intentionally make less people play the server, I also never cared about my rewards this wouldnt change my playtime. Maybe rewards for playing more would be cool.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I agree with the playtime command as I also made a similar thread but that includes idling in lobbies as well but No restricting Rewards. For me I have no decline in health sitting and playing on cubecraft, Recently I have been playing for 10 hours or so on Cubecraft and I enjoy doing so, I also get exercise in, Just, in my opinion, I think that there should be no restriction. Good suggestion. Goodluck and Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Reactions: SavFun

Hoebelpro

Novice Member
Jun 26, 2017
www.cubecraft.net
I don't like this Idea. I'm a student and plays a lot (more then 5h). I am still doing good in school and is one of the best in school. I don't see why ppl can't take responsibility for their schoolwork. Or their parents can help them to slove it in their own way. I don't think cubecraft should take that responsibility.
it depends on what youre studying (idk about you but,), for example i only play 5+hours in the weekend and in the week either i will play or i wont and if i do play it is only an hour

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
I can see what this thread is trying to promote, but I completely dislike this idea. I am a student, and using and playing on the server, or just Minecraft in general. it does not affect my grades, sleeping, etc. I balance out my gaming with my fitness level, and yes, I am pretty fit. It is the user's choice to play as long as they want. We shouldn't be rewarded are deducted of points because of how long we play on the server. This is entirely up to the player, and the server cannot affect that. I doubt this idea will come into play. -1 from me, sorry. :l

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom