Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should laggers be kicked to make the server more fun like it used to be before the lagger invasion?

• Yes, kick the laggers, I want cubecraft to be fun again!

• No, keep the laggers, I am a lagger my self and I love abusing my lag and ruining the fun of others!

• No, permanently ban the laggers and stop them playing forever!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
This proposition is very simple, I think that if a player has an average ping of 120ms or higher over a period of at least 20 seconds, they should be kicked.
The reason for this is because laggers ruin the fun of the server, they get stupid 5 block reach hits because they are closer to you on their screen than you are on their screen, they freeze and can be all over the place in a fight so you can't even hit them sometimes, and most annoying of all, they take no knockback! If you try to shoot them off a 1 wide bridge on eggwars with a punch bow sometimes they even survive those! Want to hit them off the edge in a duels map? Nope, they will simply walk through your hits even if they're 1 block from the edge and you're sprint hitting them at will, then they'll abuse your good ping and just hit you off instead.
The worst part is, they won't leave. You can't get them banned or get them to stop playing even though sometimes they're more annoying than hackers, because what they do isn't against the rules, they just can't afford good internet or something. Each and everyday more EU players (people with good ping and don't lag) are quitting because of this meaning that a higher % of the server lags and has awful ping, meaning eventually the server will just become LagCraft where fun is NOT allowed.

Now I know that the cubecraft staff won't like this at all initially, because kicking the laggers mean that they won't be able to play much, meaning cubecraft might lose money (cubecraft love money), however, if we can get enough anti-laggers to vote on this thread and reply to it positively, I know for a fact that we can get this idea implemented on the server.

#DownWithLaggers

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I voted for "No, keep the laggers, I am a lagger my self and I love abusing my lag and ruining the fun of others!", even though I'm usually not lagging on cubecraft. I do lag on US servers (like most Europeans I guess), and I did learn to use the lag against people to some extend.

Is the lag really an advantage?

I'm sure it's a disadvantage when fighting with bows, shields, lava/water or spleefing. If you hit them with an arrow they will take delayed knockback, but they have to hit the position you will be at in the future making it much harder for them.

From my current understanding the lag induced reach only depends on the total delay of both players meaning it's the same for the player lagging and their poor opponent. It doesn't matter where the server is unless the lagger gets more than 6 blocks reach on ther server side in which case the lagger will have a disadvantage.

The knockback changes because it depends on wether the server thinks the hit player is on the ground at the time of the hit. So the lagging player will often see himself on the ground while getting hit and still receive no vertical knockback because the server saw him in the air at that point. I think there might be a small advantage or disadvantage due to the knockback but it's not that significant.

I think the main reason laggers kill people easily is that they get used to the delay and adapt their playing style. This week I played against SwiftySwoo on both a US and an EU server and while the knockback did change slightly I didn't notice a significant change in reach.

TLDR: Git gud.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
I agree laggers are an issue. Like the REAL laggers, not people with a ping advantage. That's just a location difference. Heck, I bet some people have laptops outside the cubecraft offices.

Anyway, I agree laggers are really annoying.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I voted for "No, keep the laggers, I am a lagger my self and I love abusing my lag and ruining the fun of others!", even though I'm usually not lagging on cubecraft. I do lag on US servers (like most Europeans I guess), and I did learn to use the lag against people to some extend.

Is the lag really an advantage?

I'm sure it's a disadvantage when fighting with bows, shields, lava/water or spleefing. If you hit them with an arrow they will take delayed knockback, but they have to hit the position you will be at in the future making it much harder for them.

From my current understanding the lag induced reach only depends on the total delay of both players meaning it's the same for the player lagging and their poor opponent. It doesn't matter where the server is unless the lagger gets more than 6 blocks reach on ther server side in which case the lagger will have a disadvantage.

The knockback changes because it depends on wether the server thinks the hit player is on the ground at the time of the hit. So the lagging player will often see himself on the ground while getting hit and still receive no vertical knockback because the server saw him in the air at that point. I think there might be a small advantage or disadvantage due to the knockback but it's not that significant.

I think the main reason laggers kill people easily is that they get used to the delay and adapt their playing style. This week I played against SwiftySwoo on both a US and an EU server and while the knockback did change slightly I didn't notice a significant change in reach.

TLDR: Git gud.
Advantage or not, the great non-laggers of cubecraft have had ENOUGH of these 4 bar-ers ruining OUR FUN. Is it really fun watching someone stutter and fly around us and we have to try and guess where they're going to be because they're using McDonald's internet? Absolutely not.
Go fight the Mexicans in FFA if you don't believe me, I heard even people in 1990's libraries have better internet than what they have

Reactions: Xoko

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Advantage or not, the great non-laggers of cubecraft have had ENOUGH of these 4 bar-ers ruining OUR FUN. Is it really fun watching someone stutter and fly around us and we have to try and guess where they're going to be because they're using McDonald's internet? Absolutely not.
Go fight the Mexicans in FFA if you don't believe me, I heard even people in 1990's libraries have better internet than what they have
It can be frustrating to get surprised by a lagger in FFA, when they get 3 hits on you before you notice the lag and the fight is almost over at that point. But in duels or longer fights like in Skywars I don't really have an issue with laggers.

A

A pigeon

Blame cubecraft , I play on a Japanese server and I do not lag at all , but on Cubecraft either I’m lagging half the time or I’m not.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Blame cubecraft , I play on a Japanese server and I do not lag at all , but on Cubecraft either I’m lagging half the time or I’m not.
Either they should add other proxies, or they should just kick these laggers, laggers aren't fun in 1.9 they are unkillable unless they don't know how to pvp.
Support this cause please.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Reactions: CommunistCactus

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
120 Ms!!! Really? You basically just killed all of American players. I get 149-159 since I live in Washington. I don't understand, I made a thread similar to this just instead of 120 Ms I said 1000, how is this getting more support, cube isn't really a competitive server and need to be ping monitored under 120 Ms. If there was a different server in each continent of cube then I would be okay ish with this but 120 ping is like nothing, that is 0.12 seconds of delay. If you want to kill an already dying server then this is a good idea, otherwise this is a terrible idea.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
120 Ms!!! Really? You basically just killed all of American players. I get 149-159 since I live in Washington. I don't understand, I made a thread similar to this just instead of 120 Ms I said 1000, how is this getting more support, cube isn't really a competitive server and need to be ping monitored under 120 Ms. If there was a different server in each continent of cube then I would be okay ish with this but 120 ping is like nothing, that is 0.12 seconds of delay. If you want to kill an already dying server then this is a good idea, otherwise this is a terrible idea.
Players with 1000ms are very rare and also not a threat. They have a huge disadvantage in every game. I'd probably quit playing on a server if I had 1000ms ping, but it's mainly annoying for themselves. 110 to maybe 350ms changes the gameplay, in some situation without giving you a disadvantage, so they can easily kill players that aren't used to it.

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
If Americans must be sacrificed for our anti-lagger plan to succeed, then Americans will be sacrificed.
It is not OUR (anti-laggers) fault that Americans are literally unkillable because of their McDonald's-esque wifi, you'll simply have to find another server (hey, here's an idea, go play an AMERICAN server!).
On the contrary cubecraft will die if this idea is NOT implemented because if this carries on, the server will have about 500 players, most of their names ending with "_GM" or "_Mx" who you can hit with a knockback 1000 item in minerware and they'll still take 0 blocks of knockback.
Only laggers can disagree with this.

Let's all just do the sensible thing and
#KICKTHELAGGERS
#DownWithLaggers

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
If Americans must be sacrificed for our anti-lagger plan to succeed, then Americans will be sacrificed.
It is not OUR (anti-laggers) fault that Americans are literally unkillable because of their McDonald's-esque wifi, you'll simply have to find another server (hey, here's an idea, go play an AMERICAN server!).
On the contrary cubecraft will die if this idea is NOT implemented because if this carries on, the server will have about 500 players, most of their names ending with "_GM" or "_Mx" who you can hit with a knockback 1000 item in minerware and they'll still take 0 blocks of knockback.
Only laggers can disagree with this.

Let's all just do the sensible thing and
#KICKTHELAGGERS
#DownWithLaggers
Look, it's not that Americans get bad internet, it's that we live farther away making the packets having to travel over the entire Atlantic ocean. This would not be fair to American rank owners, and honestly, if you take no knock back you have quite a bit more than 120 Ms. Really, you think that people are going to leave because of laggers? I guarantee you that occasionally even you go above 120 for longer than 20 seconds, how would you feel getting kicked out of an hour long egqwars game, just because someone in your house decided to watch a YouTube video on their phone? Once again, cube isn't a massively competitive server requiring ms monitoring of 120 ms.
Players with 1000ms are very rare and also not a threat. They have a huge disadvantage in every game. I'd probably quit playing on a server if I had 1000ms ping, but it's mainly annoying for themselves. 110 to maybe 350ms changes the gameplay, in some situation without giving you a disadvantage, so they can easily kill players that aren't used to it.
You can't use a rod with 200+ ping. You just can't, it's too delayed, not to mention laggers have delayed reaction speeds and when put into a combo stay in it longer, forget pot PVP, with too much ping pots can't even be used. Not to mention it's always a 0.x second delay from opening the ew shop and buying each item, I like how you argued against my thread saying 1000 for 1 minute, but then fully support this idea.

Reactions: A pigeon

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
You can't use a rod with 200+ ping. You just can't, it's too delayed
Rods don't do anything on 1.9 Cubecraft anyways. Rodcombos are a Hypixel thing.
I like how you argued against my thread saying 1000 for 1 minute, but then fully support this idea.
How do I fully support his idea? I think kicking people for 120ms is just as bad as kicking poeople for 1000ms.
I voted for "No, keep the laggers, I am a lagger my self and I love abusing my lag and ruining the fun of others!"

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Rods don't do anything on 1.9 Cubecraft anyways. Rodcombos are a Hypixel thing.

How do I fully support his idea? I think kicking people for 120ms is just as bad as kicking poeople for 1000ms.
Rods do things on every 1.7/1.8 server. CubeCraft may be an exception. It's not just a hypixel thing.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Rods do things on every 1.7/1.8 server. CubeCraft may be an exception. It's not just a hypixel thing.
As far as I know, fishing rods never did knockback to players in vanilla minecraft, it was just a common modification. Now they work on players in vanilla (I think?) but they pull players towards you. They do nothing to players on 1.9 cubecraft, except in survival games with the fisherman kit.

Reactions: Power Ranger

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
As far as I know, fishing rods never did knockback to players in vanilla minecraft, it was just a common modification. Now they work on players in vanilla (I think?) but they pull players towards you. They do nothing to players on 1.9 cubecraft, except in survival games with the fisherman kit.
What the hell, EVERY 1.8 SERVER HAS THE PLUGIN THAT MAKES ROD DO KB!!! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, I'm sorry CubeCraft is autistic and doesn't really want to have good PVP mechanics but otherwise every server in the world has rod kb. Believe it or not in vanilla 1.8 it does it against mobs, talking about rods should not be some obscure thing that a small number of people use.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
What the hell, EVERY 1.8 SERVER HAS THE PLUGIN THAT MAKES ROD DO KB!!! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, I'm sorry CubeCraft is autistic and doesn't really want to have good PVP mechanics but otherwise every server in the world has rod kb. Believe it or not in vanilla 1.8 it does it against mobs, talking about rods should not be some obscure thing that a small number of people use.
This isn't even about 1.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli
Did you know... 466 forum usernames contain the word “cube”, 3512 contain the word “craft”, and 683 contain the word “Creeper”.
Livvv wrote on Kloska's profile.
Grattis ankis! ^-^
AnolTongi wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Klosk!!!!!
Wishing you a fun weekend 💛
Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Since I know you like these AI images:
Here is one for your Birthday Tim, enjoy this day!
1714740689209.png
Top Bottom