Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on EggWars, try to stay on topic!

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
So....anyone noticed more and more players with such a high ping? Even players from areas which wouldnt mean this was natural. Guess what? Ping Spoofing is a common thing now, these players either use a client to increase their ms or they use proxy servers to load CC. The effect ? Basically zero KB, huge hit delay like kill aura. Report them ? It's just high ping which isn't bannable, even your evidence won't bet them banned as its just ping. Sad

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
So....anyone noticed more and more players with such a high ping? Even players from areas which wouldnt mean this was natural. Guess what? Ping Spoofing is a common thing now, these players either use a client to increase their ms or they use proxy servers to load CC. The effect ? Basically zero KB, huge hit delay like kill aura. Report them ? It's just high ping which isn't bannable, even your evidence won't bet them banned as its just ping. Sad
But this thing is like a VPN and cubecraft have a protection from VPN user !???

In my opinion they are just buy a good internet and the country of the world get more technology

asqsk

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him
You can distinguish between a player who is actually cheating and using an in spoofer or not. Quite simply, if he has something like lag drops, he is not using cheating, rather his internet is really bad. If the player does not suffer from lag drops, then there is a possibility that he is using a ping spoofer, and I would like to warn you. About something more important, the ping spoofer that cheaters use is not a VPN, but rather an exe application called Clumsy, and the developers hope that they will work to block it.

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
You can distinguish between a player who is actually cheating and using an in spoofer or not. Quite simply, if he has something like lag drops, he is not using cheating, rather his internet is really bad. If the player does not suffer from lag drops, then there is a possibility that he is using a ping spoofer, and I would like to warn you. About something more important, the ping spoofer that cheaters use is not a VPN, but rather an exe application called Clumsy, and the developers hope that they will work to block it.
I just wanted to point out that if the player is just playing from far distance, then this player's ping would also stay about the same if I'm not wrong. So if the player's ping is around 250ms for example and stays the same during the whole game, he might also live in the opposite side of the planet and not use any cheats.

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
Yes I know what your saying. I'm referring to specific players who before had say 130 ping and now have 400. Or another player for example who is 800 ms and openly says they just proxy to get high ping with all the benefits. If your ping is high naturally and your in a different server then so be it. But this isn't natural, it gives an advantage and therfore is cheating 🙄

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
I just wanted to point out that if the player is just playing from far distance, then this player's ping would also stay about the same if I'm not wrong. So if the player's ping is around 250ms for example and stays the same during the whole game, he might also live in the opposite side of the planet and not use any cheats.
Yes that's correct

Reactions: Loskol

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I’m no developer, but this whole problem wouldn’t exist if knockback was handled on the server’s side, so it isn’t dependent on the ping of the player being hit. I have no idea how any of that works though.

shuiqwe

Novice Member
Oct 5, 2022
Shanghai
space.bilibili.com
Pronouns
She/Her
When a low pinger fighting with a high pinger :
- delay on knockbacks

When a high pinger fighting with a low pinger :
- delay on knockbacks
- delay on damages
- delay on shooting arrows
- delay on eating or drinking ( or need more time to eat/drink )
- delay on opening chests and contianers
- delay on opening shops and buying things
- Might disconnect randomly due to the high ping

SO PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING
Because you have never experienced to be a high pinger. You have never considered others, and you always think you are right one.

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
- delay on knockbacks

- delay on knockbacks
- delay on damages

Because you have never experienced to be a high pinger. You have never considered others, and you always think you are right one.
You miss the point entirely. I'm not talking about natural high ping players ! Read the original post

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I think one way to solve this could be a matchmaking system that puts players with approximately the same latency in the same matches, to ensuring a relatively homologous sample of players in terms of their ping, and creating more competitive matches as a result. However, I believe this is already done with input device, and one could argue that it is more important to group similar players together for something else, like CPS. In my personal opinion, the matchmaking system should consider a variety of factors like these to ensure that each player in a match is on an even playing field and has relatively similar hardware limitations as the other players in the game.

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
- delay on knockbacks

- delay on knockbacks
- delay on damages

what a shame we don't have a dislike/disagree button on non-suggestion posts

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
I think one way to solve this could be a matchmaking system that puts players with approximately the same latency in the same matches, to ensuring a relatively homologous sample of players in terms of their ping, and creating more competitive matches as a result. However, I believe this is already done with input device, and one could argue that it is more important to group similar players together for something else, like CPS. In my personal opinion, the matchmaking system should consider a variety of factors like these to ensure that each player in a match is on an even playing field and has relatively similar hardware limitations as the other players in the game.
Did you also not read the original comment?

Aratic

Dec 30, 2022
that orange tree
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
You miss the point entirely. I'm not talking about natural high ping players ! Read the original post
Honestly, I think you just need to learn to to pvp against people with high ping, it will take time to learn but it will help. Nothing Cana me will be done about ping spoofing as not all ping spoofers try to be.

But I would like to say this, it seems like you have a difficult time considering others opinions. Now I’m no professional and you might be and your just not showing it but let’s worth a try to show your considering others opinions, it’s a small thing you can do to make sure people feel heard

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Did you also not read the original comment?
No, I did. I just re-read it, I don’t see why you think I didn’t. If people purposefully try to play with high ping to use it as an advantage, why not segregate players into separate matches where they have similar ping, that way low ping players player with other low ping players, and these “spoofers” play with other “spoofers” as well as players who live in areas where lower ping just can’t be reached. Please explain clearly what I am not understanding correctly, or why you disagree with my idea.

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
Let's not get nasty please. Express your opinion and agree or disagree. Nothing more please
that aside there are a few notable people who actively ping spoof and you could tell the difference between them and those with actual bad internet (hell, they admitted it before but aren't getting punished because it's not in the rules)

I think ping spoofing should be dealt with given how it also kinda falls as a modification to give someone an advantage over the other + it could also be achieved through some software

the difference between autoclicking and double clicking could be likened to this (ping spoofing and just bad internet)

I'm surprised as to how Cubecraft hasn't taken any action on the ping spoofers, makes it a displeasing experience to play the server

Reactions: Xi1m and Aratic

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
Honestly, I think you just need to learn to to pvp against people with high ping, it will take time to learn but it will help. Nothing Cana me will be done about ping spoofing as not all ping spoofers try to be.

But I would like to say this, it seems like you have a difficult time considering others opinions. Now I’m no professional and you might be and your just not showing it but let’s worth a try to show your considering others opinions, it’s a small thing you can do to make sure people feel heard
Hey, I'm not objectionable about other options all. But 'learning how to deal with it' feels like a last resort. BTW any tips how to pvp a player with 800ms fake ping, zero kb, massive hit delay and basic kill aura ?

Aratic

Dec 30, 2022
that orange tree
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey, I'm not objectionable about other options all. But 'learning how to deal with it' feels like a last resort. BTW any tips how to pvp a player with 800ms fake ping, zero kb, massive hit delay and basic kill aura ?
If they have 800ms it’s an easy win, but it’s just about practice, they more you face them the more micro adjustments you will make without realizing it and you will win.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Ping spoofing is probably very hard to moderate as you don't know if the ping has been manipulated intentionally or if it's just because the player has bad internet

I did however ask before about whether a player having really high ping just when going into a fight, but normal ping when not in a fight was good evidence, and this is what the Sentinel developer at the time came back with:

1710696567134.png

1710696543674.png

(I was in a game where a player had 30ms normally but then the ms went up to 200-300 just when fighting people)

So the best option is probably to just report players you think are ping spoofing and mods can check on the anti-cheat logs and make a decision

Reactions: Desiderata
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Top Bottom