Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which style of Parkour would you like to see?

• Solo (Time Trial)

• 1v1

• 1v1v1v1

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hub3rt

Feb 3, 2017
Hello CubeCrafters!

This is a quick thread to get your thoughts on Parkour, as we are looking to see what we can do about bringing it back. We've had a bunch of discussions and we're looking at some options _other_ than solo!

With that in mind, I'd like to ask if you could complete the poll and also give us suggestions and comments in the replies! I personally think that competitive parkour will be far more fun. This could be 1v1 or 1v1v1v1 - however many competitors there are, I personally feel that actually competing with someone would be far more fun than time trials. If we are to do multiplayer, my thoughts are to use maps where you can see your opponents and are all aiming for either a centre point or the same end goal.

Let me know your thoughts!

Hubert

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Also, it would be nice to have easy, medium and hard parkour sections, and completing each parkour would give you points and a status of from noob to pro. In easy mode easy parkour give you 1 - 10 points per completed parkour, Medium will give 10 to 50 and hard will give you 50 to 100 per completed parkour. You can use these points to upgrade your status from beginner, to noob or to pro which will cost a lot of points and maybe buy more cosmetics using those points just for the parkour :) This will be solo only and no time trial

A

A pigeon

@hub3rt parkour races with moving platforms and several 1.12 features , gimmicks ,etc .

A couple years back , when I was playing Super mario galaxy 2 , there was this galaxy called beat block galaxy where blocks would disappear and reappear based on a beat.

Beat beat beat SHIFT.

Sep 10, 2016
Coool place in the 'south'
My thoughts are definitely with a solo type parkour game mode. This I can see as a traditional style of parkour. Whilst it would be nice to also see a multiplayer option I am completely supportive towards most of these options. They seem to be very consistent in style. Would it also be nice to maybe see a team mode? such as 4v4? I feel this would come in a later update. I feel I would like to see solo parkour modes worked on first just to get the game up and running once achieving a release date. it is really nice to see that this nostalgic vanilla game type has not been forgotten about!

As stated above, I feel that all the game modes you have mentioned have a chance at success if executed right. I have no doubt the developers would be able to conclude this game mode with many new features and aspects exclusive to Cubecraft. THis is one of the reasons I play here. Lot's of the development and ideas are produced to an exclusive extent. Meaning they are different and enjoyable. Once Islands games have been pushed I hope to see many new things as well as parkour coming and Giving the community chance to interact.

To finalize my statement I would say I am all for all the game types stated. However, I would like to see a Solo Time trial version above the rest. It would be very relaxing and intriguing to see players try and better themselves at this simple type of game within Minecraft.

:eek:

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Competitive parkour sounds like a wonderful idea in my opinion. I would also like to see some casual parkours like it used to be though.
Possible parkour ideas:
  • X Run. I really love this, used to play with my friends all the time. It can be both competitive and solo. So why not!
  • Roof top maps! (you guys should look at Edgecraft for some map inspiration ;) )
  • Have a big parkour map with levels to complete. Casual and fun! Just make it so you can see other players.
Also please don't make a lot of invisible parkours. Just place most them close to end game so that players who enjoy it can play it. In my opinion those kinds of parkours are extremely hard and quite annoying to do.

Last edited:

Animee

Aug 12, 2017
Hello CubeCrafters!

This is a quick thread to get your thoughts on Parkour, as we are looking to see what we can do about bringing it back. We've had a bunch of discussions and we're looking at some options _other_ than solo!

With that in mind, I'd like to ask if you could complete the poll and also give us suggestions and comments in the replies! I personally think that competitive parkour will be far more fun. This could be 1v1 or 1v1v1v1 - however many competitors there are, I personally feel that actually competing with someone would be far more fun than time trials. If we are to do multiplayer, my thoughts are to use maps where you can see your opponents and are all aiming for either a centre point or the same end goal.

Let me know your thoughts!

Hubert

P.S. Give me a follow on Twitter, its in my footer :p

I think solo will be nice but also 1v1v1 and PS what is your twitter name just hub3rt ?

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
I would especially like playing 1v1v1v1's. It would be exactly like a race, the one who finished the parkour first will win and receive, for example, a few points and the second does not the win, be he/she will get some points, too, etc. Perhaps a leaderboard for it? :rolleyes:
I'd also like to see solo games though. I imagine it being like this: you got different parkours that can play, easy, medium and hard (It, of course, could be named otherwise but it's an example.) You will try one of those parkours and when in, you have to set a record for yourself. Other players can also see it.
Battling would also be a funny thing, 1v1's. I imagine them being the same as 1v1v1v1's but then with two players. As MimicPanda mentioned, not every game has to be competitive, but a competitive parkour game, how fun would that be? :) For the players that aren't biased in playing competetive, can play individual!
It would be very relaxing and intriguing to see players try and better themselves at this simple type of game within Minecraft.​
I agree.

To end this message, I'd like to see different types of parkours, from hard to easy in any game mode. (1v1, 1v1v1, 1v1v1v1 and solo.)

P.S. Give me a follow on Twitter, its in my footer :p
Done! :P

Reactions: KacperParkour

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I have never really parkoured in Minecraft and I'm not sure if I will play it much. But I think it could be fun to have multiple (maybe even more than 4) players on the same track and then have different gamemodes.
Time Attack: There is a certain time limit. In this time you can restart the parkour as often as you want. After the time limit the player with the shortest time for a single run wins.
Rounds: All competitors start simultaneously, the first to get to the end of the parkour gets some points. You can reset to the beginning at any point but it won't reset your time. This is repeated until a player reaches a certain amount of points and wins.
Laps: The first player to finish the parkour a certain number of times wins. You can reset the to the beginning at any point.
I took those gamemodes from the racing game Trackmania Nations that I used to play and I think they might fit well in a Minecraft parkour game.

Edit: There could also be an option to show and hide other players. So your hotbar would have an item to reset and an item to toggle players.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Also, it would be nice to have easy, medium and hard parkour sections, and completing each parkour would give you points and a status of from noob to pro. In easy mode easy parkour give you 1 - 10 points per completed parkour, Medium will give 10 to 50 and hard will give you 50 to 100 per completed parkour. You can use these points to upgrade your status from beginner, to noob or to pro which will cost a lot of points and maybe buy more cosmetics using those points just for the parkour :) This will be solo only and no time trial
I agree with This, just awesome to have different types of parkour, and you can also challange yourself to be better in parkour.

Anyway I also agree with this
I would have to go with 1v1 and Solo as 1v1v1v1 would be too hectic for me and other players. Would be nice if they all three could be implemented, Anyway Good thread, Goodluck and Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Thanks, @hub3rt you made me hyped about it. Glad it Will be announced soon.

But I don't know If it's possible, but let stay a few things from parkour in the past.
:)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I would prefer 1v1v1 as to allow more people to participate at once, though honestly I don't want there to be an emphasis on competitive parkour. The game was competitive enough as it was previously, with some super difficult levels and players & chat being enabled by default. Though, an option to race other players would also be nice.

If the build team are up for it, I think it'd be neat to see a few rooftop parkour maps as well. There could be various different routes to take, monsters to avoid / kill along the way, and there could be different courses which all feature the same map, but with a few small changes made that forces you to play it differently. Example:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/divine_athenas-rooftop-parkour-adventure.196220/

Here's a thread I made on Parkour:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-return-of-parkour.194510/

Sometimes, you just want something that you can play solo, without the toxicity of other players. Every game on the server involves other players in some regard. This could make Parkour unique.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
To be honest, I think Parkour should remain Solo - I think more maps for Solo would be more appreciated than Multiplayer parkour. If you really want to do multiplayer parkour, you could do a revamped Parkour Minigame with the old Parkour Minigame and a new racing mode?

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
I prefer solo, because I want to play a game without other people sometimes, but I can imagine that would be boring for most of the people, so why not implement all 3 gamemodes? I'm happy that staff finally is doing something about Parkour by making this thread. I never played Parkour on Cubecraft so I definitely want to play this.

Reactions: Miauw

Achillez

Novice Member
Jan 4, 2017
Netherlands // Albania
I would personally say all 3 (solo, 1v1, 1v1v1v1) are great. Solo for your typical practice, 1v1 for against a friend, 1v1v1v1 for against multiple people or as a competative minigame. With all 3 of them, everyone is happy. Also I'd like to be able to choose the difficulty of maps, as mentioned before. This will create for a uniqie minigame for the less skilled and slightly more advanced people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.