Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which style of Parkour would you like to see?

• Solo (Time Trial)

• 1v1

• 1v1v1v1

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Do not fully release thisgame automatically.
Put it in Beta-Testing or I’m literally going to flip out.

CentaleoN64

Apr 8, 2015
España
I like The solo mode and the 1v1v1v1. For winning extra points and experience.
I hope u will open soon parkour.
Cubecraft Was waiting more 1 year for parkour. :(

IAmAPeach

Nov 28, 2017
Personally, I think that we should have choices for parkour, like speed eggwars and normal eggwars.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
What would you think of having different types of parkour, which are rather minigames, like death drop and the elytra boss game from Minerware? For the fly through the hoops game, an algorithm to endlessly spawn new rings would be neat, but also necessary for the highscores idea. It is by far my favourite game, but constantly playing Minerware, hoping that it will end up being the boss game pretty much ruins the fun.

There could be global leaderboards (displayed on the forums?!), with the highest scores of all players and your rank compared to other players. For example;

Personal statistics:
Game: Fly through the hoops
Score: 86
Rankings: 7th place

Global leaderboard:
1. Randomname - 98455 (<- obviously a cheater though!)
2. Randomname - 226
3. Randomname - 220
... This could go on until the last player, but should obviously work with different pages.

ArthurR2014

Jan 29, 2018
The Netherlands
I think Solo is a good idea because (as maybe Some others already said) all the other games are already competitive but on the other hand 1vs1 sounds also really cool so I would suggest both of these 2

Gatsbe

Jan 13, 2016
I know this is late but please use a different time system for parkour times than the current one we have in lobbies.
The ones we already have, where theres a start and stop pressure plate, are not accurate at recording results. If a person were to have bad internet or high ping, you could delay the start and or end of the timed section. I don't know of any alternatives but time leaderboards could potentially be very unfair, which could defeat any motivation players might have had to score a good time.

Also, an idea:
Custom Levels
IMO it would be pretty awesome to have new levels to play and explore because the maps that we have to play on might get stale.
I could think of two ways to do this:
-Freebuild
In the freebuild lobby, next to the other armor stands, have one that says "Parkour".
Joining this parkour build server would give you access to start and stop pressure plates, barrier blocks, customizable biomes, player heads, and maybe worldedit (if bought). In order to submit it, you must have a start/end block and you must verify it to makes sure its possible.
When you're done with your level, you could title it and submit it, or like other published levels.
To prevent bad or short levels from getting the most likes, there can be an interface kind of like the freebuild menu, where there are "trending" and "featured" tabs.
Trending levels are those that are most liked by players and featured levels are those that were specifically chosen by staff.
The other way is:
-Map suggestions
Staff could have a pinned thread to a parkour subforum where players can post screenshots of their level, and if staff like it enough, users could pm the map.
This will result in better levels because staff can directly pick which ones they like, however, there would be a lot less people making levels, and it'd be a lot more exclusive.
@hub3rt

elchuii

Jan 26, 2018
twitter.com
Hello CubeCrafters!

This is a quick thread to get your thoughts on Parkour, as we are looking to see what we can do about bringing it back. We've had a bunch of discussions and we're looking at some options _other_ than solo!

With that in mind, I'd like to ask if you could complete the poll and also give us suggestions and comments in the replies! I personally think that competitive parkour will be far more fun. This could be 1v1 or 1v1v1v1 - however many competitors there are, I personally feel that actually competing with someone would be far more fun than time trials. If we are to do multiplayer, my thoughts are to use maps where you can see your opponents and are all aiming for either a centre point or the same end goal.

Let me know your thoughts!

Hubert

P.S. Give me a follow on Twitter, its in my footer :p
A suggestion for parkour would be that maps where the parkour would be a mix of all the lobbies of the games for example Skywars, Eggwars, Luckyblocks.

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
taps mic Hello is this thing on?

So Parkour…. It’s a gamemode which has been in maintenance for a long time and there has been very little mention of progress. I would like to be transparent as I can be about the project. Before we do that, we need to talk about it’s past, before we get onto it’s future.

The history of Parkour.

So I’ll try and give a brief explanation of the ‘Parkour gamemode’. This came from a very simple concept which @rubik_cube_man developed over the years. Young 14 year old Rubik, just a kid who was at school while running a server, learning to code and doing a paper round.

Yes this was the start.

It later became a bunch of levels which Rubik and a couple of staff members built. A new system was developed to detect if you had failed and would teleport you back to the beginning. There were 4 levels: Easy, Medium, Hard and Extreme.

Unfortunately, as the network grew in popularity so did the issues. The old infrastructure simply couldn’t support the gamemode. So we needed to launch a new and improved version.

A team of admins and moderators, created over 100 brand new levels. After seeing the potential we decided to create the parkour builder rank. We split the game modes into sections to keep it more organised. We also rewarded players with points for completing the parkour which they could use to unlock more levels. Again as the network grew, we simply couldn’t maintain the mode. The parkour team was poorly managed and we only had two developers trying to maintain one of the biggest networks in the world.

What will be the future of Parkour?
There are a lot of new and old concepts we’d love to try. The concepts in the polls are just a few ideas. Ideas are easy, implementation can be extremely tedious and challenging. We would like to thank everyone who has replied to the post with your wonderful feedback.

So when will it be released?
The notorious question of when… when we’re happy, ready and confident we have a scalable, stable parkour system would be the simple answer.
We all know what happened when Freebuild was promised a date by our ex-project manager. I’d much prefer to release a gamemode with as few bugs as possible and filled with amazing content, which is what you all deserve.

Is there anything we can help with?
Yes there is.

We want to provide build templates for the creative individuals who love parkour. We want to give you the opportunity to design levels for the game. We already have some maps built by the awesome build team and they will be continuing to build new and challenging maps.

Submission Process

We will be creating this process within the next few weeks, so stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Infringement wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on becoming a Helper!
Your pink now!!!!
Infringement wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Mintypie231, how’s your day going?

Good or Bad
Alexp192 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats 🎉
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats 🥳
Top Bottom