Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should armor protection in OP mode be...

• Protection 3

• Protection 2

• Keep it the way is is (Protection 4)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtleBurn

Dec 3, 2019
This thread is the continuation of the last so if you haven't read that one already, I suggest you do that. Fist of all I wasn't expecting anything to come from the first post so thank you for responding and voting it was a nice surprise. I think the general consensus of this is that the majority player actually enjoys OP mode (Poll: 80% - 20%) so I thought instead of just getting rid of it (which was what I would have liked), maybe we can discuss ways of improving it. From what I read in the responses was that most people agreed that Golden Apples are very strong and that the pricing should go up. I saw some people suggest 4 gold and to keep in the light of OP mode I think that's a good compromise although personally I'd bring it up to 5. I would like to make my points clear by saying my issue with OP mode is the dragged out fights, so that's what I want to talk about bettering in this thread. I think we can all agree that we like OP mode for the cheaper items (ex. food and blocks) so let's keep that part of the game the same. I want to tackle Armor values. Armor in OP mode is crazy. To cut corners on all the intricate math for the sake of simplicity I'll use ratios. Armor has protection 4, Swords have sharpness 2 (Disregarding the Sharp 5 diamond for now) making a 4:2 ratio, as opposed to normal modes ratios being 0:0. Where armor enchantments are stronger than the sword enchantments. This allows fights to drag on way longer than they do normal mode, like way longer. This encourages players to not take fights head-on (which is fine, that's actually my playstyle) with little to no consequence. avoiding fights means you have to be smart with your movement and block placement to avoid getting hit but, with a 4:2 Armor to Damage ratio that isn't an issue. OP mode encourages armor breaking and environmental kills (the void) stripping the majority of what makes 1.9 combat enjoyable to me. The game shifts the mindset from what fights can I take and what do I need to overcome the situation I'm in to, watch me walk through their team and break their egg. Now to suggest a change, lowering the protection value 3:2 (Protection 3) or maybe even 2:2 (protection 2) and lets the cheap pricing define OP mode, This would diversify the game and would make mistakes actually matter.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
If I must be completely honest with you. The gamemode is not called "Overpowererd" for fun.. it MUST be very overpowered that's the gamemode..
That golden apple thing.. in normal those gapples are already 5 gold so if you change their value in OP to 5 how much do you change their value in normal and in basic? That must be equal to each other..

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
If I must be completely honest with you. The gamemode is not called "Overpowererd" for fun.. it MUST be very overpowered that's the gamemode..
That golden apple thing.. in normal those gapples are already 5 gold so if you change their value in OP to 5 how much do you change their value in normal and in basic? That must be equal to each other..
I completely agree to what Columen said,
However, lowering the protection level on diamond armour (Not leather, nor iron) could be something that I'd like.
I do like the fights with leather armor, however killing someone in diamond armor prot IV is quite hard..
But for the rest, I'd say leave it like this! ;D

Reactions: Lozora

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
Exactly, if the gapps in normal costs 5 gold and in Op 3, if you put that gapps in Op costs 5 gold, Normal would cost 7 and in Basic 10 (Which is a lot)

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
OP is fun. Would you rather play a 2v2 game which takes minium 30 minutes? I won't.
Playing the normal mode is slow, you die from 4 hits with a wooden sword. (I play only 1.8 pvp which makes dying on normal even faster)

EasyStoeptegel

Mar 20, 2020
Rotterdam
You’re right because if it will be that expensive then you will see a very slow game because you have to pay so much for everything that’s why overpowerd is difficult to play because everything goes so fast.

Last edited:

MeggalBozale

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
I sorta like op for the way it is. Blocks are cheap, you have a chance to actually rush if you're in leather, etc.

Everything's easier to get, including obsidian, which I feel encourages a more defensive playstyle. I don't like half due to the brevity of it, so maybe it's just a personal preference amongst ourselves? I say keep it in, and let people choose what they want

RobinDn

Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2017
There is a difference between 1.8 and 1.9 overpowerd voting. I enjoy playing on 1.9 overpowerd the most because the fights are a little bid different because you don't have much golden apples in the game.

But for the armor is protection 4 not bad but if you have a ability that you kill a player and you get a extra protection layer on a random armor peece then the protection is higjer to.

Reactions: Nutuu

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
OP mode as a whole is fun, but protection IV diamond armor is awful. I think OP eggwars needs more OP weapons (punch II bow, kbockback melee weapons, sharp V axe, things like that) to make it less boring to play when people buy diamond armor.

Realcake

Jul 4, 2018
Yeah, I agree. I really don't like OP, I think people just vote for it because it is the furthest option to the right and just think more is better.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
This thread is the continuation of the last so if you haven't read that one already, I suggest you do that. Fist of all I wasn't expecting anything to come from the first post so thank you for responding and voting it was a nice surprise. I think the general consensus of this is that the majority player actually enjoys OP mode (Poll: 80% - 20%) so I thought instead of just getting rid of it (which was what I would have liked), maybe we can discuss ways of improving it. From what I read in the responses was that most people agreed that Golden Apples are very strong and that the pricing should go up. I saw some people suggest 4 gold and to keep in the light of OP mode I think that's a good compromise although personally I'd bring it up to 5. I would like to make my points clear by saying my issue with OP mode is the dragged out fights, so that's what I want to talk about bettering in this thread. I think we can all agree that we like OP mode for the cheaper items (ex. food and blocks) so let's keep that part of the game the same. I want to tackle Armor values. Armor in OP mode is crazy. To cut corners on all the intricate math for the sake of simplicity I'll use ratios. Armor has protection 4, Swords have sharpness 2 (Disregarding the Sharp 5 diamond for now) making a 4:2 ratio, as opposed to normal modes ratios being 0:0. Where armor enchantments are stronger than the sword enchantments. This allows fights to drag on way longer than they do normal mode, like way longer. This encourages players to not take fights head-on (which is fine, that's actually my playstyle) with little to no consequence. avoiding fights means you have to be smart with your movement and block placement to avoid getting hit but, with a 4:2 Armor to Damage ratio that isn't an issue. OP mode encourages armor breaking and environmental kills (the void) stripping the majority of what makes 1.9 combat enjoyable to me. The game shifts the mindset from what fights can I take and what do I need to overcome the situation I'm in to, watch me walk through their team and break their egg. Now to suggest a change, lowering the protection value 3:2 (Protection 3) or maybe even 2:2 (protection 2) and lets the cheap pricing define OP mode, This would diversify the game and would make mistakes actually matter.
Eh. If dont like it just vote normal.

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, I agree. I really don't like OP, I think people just vote for it because it is the furthest option to the right and just think more is better.
Please don't necro-post, this is against our rules:
No Necro-posting. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 3 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived. Does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introduction threads.
You can read the rules here: https://www.cubecraft.net/rules/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom